Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Rules
I think the next rule to be considered is the one that is most important to me:
Don’t Abuse My Admins. When they gag, kick or ban it is because they are enforcing the server rules, not a personal retribution. Personal attacks are not something I expect them to accept with their admin responsibilities.
I will not have someone who has agreed to help me maintain the ambience of the servers be reviled nor berated. These guys/gals take a lot of abuse. I chose people who I believe are pretty ‘laid back’ and it takes quite a bit to actually get them to react to personal attacks. Admin responsibilities are no picnic, ask anyone who has ever been admin on a game server. They are trying to monitor the chat, the afks, the reconnectors and also enjoy the game at the same time. They get harassed to “kick this player” or “gag that player” in the middle of their matches. That along with the animosity that people feel for anyone who enforces rules makes it hard to keep good Admins that take their responsibilities seriously. If you run one of my ‘hand selected’ Admins off with your arrogance…you will be banned.
The rule is actually stated as follows.
If you mouth off to an admin, calling them names and/or swearing at them after they ask you to stop doing something, or you just come in and start swearing you will get at least a 60 minute or longer ban.

Cheats/Bugs
They circumvent the rules on how the game is played and create unfair advantages. You are no longer testing your skills in a game…you are being dishonest and demonstrating your ability to abuse the error. It is fun to figure them out but the use of scripting or coding bugs will not be tolerated. I know with all of the ingenuity of the computer geeks on our servers they are going come up. Please make sure if you are demonstrating a bug you found to someone on the server preface it with an XXX and then tell the other player you just want to show them what you found. That way I won’t get reports saying ‘so and so’ was showing ‘what’s his name’ how to cheat. I can go back to the logs and see that you made it clear that you weren’t going to use it you just wanted to share your discovery. I know newbies don’t know about the floating bug so they will be warned.
If an admin sees you use any sort of cheat or one of the bugs you will be banned for good. No warnings, no second chances
to be continued....

Messages In This Thread
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Server Rules - by g-boy - 04-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Server Rules - by jabbahunt - 04-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Server Rules - by Gwarsbane - 04-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Server Rules - by jabbahunt - 04-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Server Rules - by Power and Glory - 06-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Server Rules - by Guest - 07-29-2003, 06:01 PM