Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...The day we have rued has finally come...
...and so I was playing tonight on Vads (May 1, 2003) and I noticed no one special was around, just your regular noobish people hanging out. Anyway a guy/girl named Vash the Stampead(yes spelled wrong) comes in. Well he starts doing some weird crap, kinda like the timerefresh bug I, and many others, know of, then he begins to actually cheat. He uses a program, which in my book once you've had to use outside sources to allow you to hack something, then you're cheating and no longer exploiting bugs, that allows him to slow, speed up, and frenzy his jumping, shooting, and moving rates. Now I have never seen this before and for me it is the first official day that I saw a ricochet cheat...I'm sure, however, that this has been done before...but I'd just like to bring it to everyone's attention and I'll let ya know right now...when they go slow they're easy as hell to kill, but when they move 3 times faster than you...oh boy it's like RWS and Sinbon on steroids....not good times, so let's ban these guys and figure out how to block that cheat...k?
It's the same basis as the speed hacks for CS/HL. It's nothing new to other mods, but we don't really have cheat prevention on RC servers. It's known as a Speed hack, maybe we should up HLGuard and other preventions on the servers if people are going to start bringing their crap here.

Jooza
[Image: chicken+copy.jpg]
I have seen this before but not since before I was admin. Yes as Jooza says it is a speedhack. The player will be moving at super speed or moving real slow in mid air. Gwar took care of Vash. I know HLGuard was on the server once before but was taken off for some reason. Maybe it caused too much lag.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Mr. Vash had the dubious honor of being the first banned on my friend Glen's spankin' new Ricochet server. It was ugly because he could turn this speed thingee up and down at will.

Anyway hopefully this will not become a problem to the game as a whole. I hope anyone who sees this imediatly bans. We don't need it.

Since I mentioned it, please visit LMGLENOP.COM, it is a 24 hour arena server. Glen is open to hosting clans, so get in touch with him via the website.

Don't worry, Grits. I will still be playing your lovely server as much as always. I just told Glenno that I would help get some players to check out his server.

Later all,
Beastie
"Vash" 496452 is indeed banned from our servers And I will permanently ban anyone even a regular who uses cheats. I have said it before...you are no longer testing your skill in the game if you have to cheat you are just testing how corrupt you really are

And I say about the other all arena server...the more the better....that way people will have some place to go when one is full and not get discouraged and eventually become regulars....but I don’t want to lose seeing you sometimes beastie oorgle oorgle

:fireg: CHEATERS :bgf:
I can assure you, Ms. Grits that I will be frequenting your tiny faction of the matrix if only to lighten my day with your graces...:wub:

((Drifting off into space))

I bring gifts of many, roses and candy
visions of you and I, on beaches all sandy
Blessed by cupid's aarow (nah, DISC!), shot from above
romance from ricochet, call it mod love
chuck that disc at me, again and again
call me your llama, I will call you admin!
RIP, UT, and Pro cant compete,
with our clan , (U&I), we'll be so elite!

((popping out of dreamland))

Wow, erhm... I mean... yeah :mellow: :huh: B)

I will still be at your server all the time!

She's all mine fellas! (kidding, lady) :P

I hope you will stop by and check Glenno's out, too Grits.

Beastie
:blsh:awww how sweet Beastie and creative too....I never realized those decaps weren't objects used to display your antipathy but rather they were your means of hiding the passionate side of the beast.
I will make sure I go by LMGLENOP once in a while.

sorry off topic:offtopic:
...beastie you bastage...no more romantic side for you! NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!