Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap...These Stats rock!
Yeah so I haven't played rico on pr0 in like 3 weeks....and I moved from 10th to 6th to 5th and holy lord I'm 2nd now....man I love these things....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cloud (and anyone else), do like the way PsychoStats does ranking? I have been looking at the diffrerent stats programs and once I figure out how to get the logs from one server to another it will be relatively easy to implement. The new server upgrade may make that easier.

Let me know what you think...

Thanks,

desNotes (the developer personality of evil_admin)
I never seen any other stat programs other than PsychoStats so I can't compare if there are any better ones. Give me some links to other stat programs to see what they look like.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I am not quite sure of how they work tho....they seem pretty solid...you lose points when you play weaker people, though...and that's not too cool. I think you simply shouldn't get too many extra...but everything has some sort of flaw...
a b
http://www.dnagames.net/stats/rc-arena/
Different Stats program...I like the 'awards' we could do something like that maybe for decaps vs push
Stats for Vad's HLDM
Can Holdouts provide that for the rico server too?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
OK...wtf is up with these stats...I gave you a pic showing me with 130 kills....now here we are 5 days later...and I now have 80 kills...and I HAVEN't PLAYED at all on pr0.....WTF!!!
Guess we don't want vanishing kill stats like that on GRITS

:blink:
a b
I dunno guys, one of the reasons I like ricochet so much is because of its lack of emphasis on numbers and ranking. The person with the biggest numbers on the tab screen is the person who has been in the server the longest (usually anyway). Adding all these stat programs will only make some of the fun play less fun. And people will play only for statistical improvement. Cloud's email (not picking on you, bud) exemplifies why I got so sick of cs. Stats were fun at first, and then each server just gets too number crazy. In cs it's 'you stole my kill!'. Now what will it be in ricochet? Will I accuse Grits of bumping me just to screw my stats because I am a slot higher?

People know who the good players are. We each keep a mental list of those above, below, and right near our own skill level. I can look up and down that top 10 and know exactly who I usually beat and who I don't. If I saw myself above Pool or Spree on a list somewhere, it would have no bearing for me because I know 3 of 4 matches against either I still lose (lol for now anyway guys!).

Grits, I hope you do not choose to add stats to your server. I have advised Glenno that we don't need it on the lmglenop server.
Also thanks for those of you that have vistited there.

Beastie

ps maybe I am just wierd... hell I turn down clan invites, too ^_^
In a way I agree with Beastie:)

Stats could be a bad thing for the most active ricochet server.
I agree that in a way stats could be bad, but every now and then I would like to look at my stats and see how I'm doing.

I'm gonna play Ricochet no matter what my stats are as I'm sure many others will. But I do agree that some people will just play to have good stats. I play because I have fun and meet lots of people
I think the main reason I wanted to do good in stats was to prove that I'm pretty good...but I guess since no one really plays that much there anyway, it won't do too much good....but you're right beastie, the numbers simply don't matter...we're a small enough community that we know everyone and it's all good....
You wear a pretty nice tag, Cloud. And everyone knows you have been around. The people you play and beat regularily know how good you are. :) If you are trying to prove it to yourself instead, keep a little tally of your own. I know sometimes I do, at least in my head. Occasionally I will say stuff like 'don't leave acid, you're up a match!' I keep tabs on my own.

Don't get me wrong, I like having a stat page in theory. I just see how it corrupts a friendly game.

Beastie
a b