Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Your Desktop!
Keep the images down to .jpg size for the 56k users

(getting an updated pic soon)
Crazy... you have the same skin and color setting as my WinAmp...
how do you take a pix of your desktop?
I guess the same way Wha told me about screening pages. Just go to your desktop, hit Print Screen, open up an image editor and paste it? =)
or for you warezer's and shareware demo people out there....snag a copy of snag it. you can take pics of anything you want...your desktop...a flash image...etc.
i had winamp3 (w/ the same skin)...but it caused me problems on my ol'machine. you can tell a surprising lot about a person by their desktop. btw, i still use win98, so don't criticize to hard...lol:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Whoo whoo whoooooo.. :P

at work

here be mine

Sweet shit guys get those icon's off your desktop it disgusts me. I just reformatted or I'd post mine =D I've still got the green rolling hills.
Nothing special here.

Hey Wha?

I saw the Hammer Editor...do you do maps and/or model skinning?
Here is mine

good god you guys keep too much crap on your desktops. keep it simple! i opened up my menu's so u can see what i keep in there. and notice how i only have 4 programs running in the taskbar: my sound, memturbo (for keeping track of my memory), trillian, and winamp. Some of you have so much stuff running in the background that i dont know how your computers even bootup.

i build mine around the philosophy of effeciency. people put fancy crap all over it and get distracted. I dont like to spend time on my desktop: its a juncture to me, nothing more. I dont start up my computer to observe how aestheticly pleasing the desktop is.
Your words say that, but your obvious obsession betrays you...
hey, just because i love milla jovovich, it doesnt mean that im not fast on my desktop. also, unlike most people, ive actually had the same desktop background for about 7 months now.
This is my desktop's desktop. I'll show my laptop's some other time. Basically I don't like using a background... mostly because I can't think of anything in particular, don't feel like looking for one... I may get one some time. Anyway, the basic idea is I have the gray background (I love gray), the icons are arranged so I can have Winamp and my pictures folder toolbar open and everything is in view.... my buddy list is always opened up on the right like that, usually all the names are showing (not gonna give away any friend's SN's ;)). The idea is to have the gap in the middle there where my IM windows are... although usually I just put the window wherever I want it at the time. My laptop has a different AIM screenname and has a background. Another post sometime :P
Oh and that little green satellite dish at the bottom is SETI@home... it's my screensaver. Only programs I have open during idle state are AIM, SETI@home, and windows.

I use everything on my desktop, if I stop using anything I put it in a folder named "WS" (Worthless Shit), if that folder gets too big, I go over the files and delete everything I decided I wont use again. I have enough HD space to go around.
I'll post my desktop later, I noticed that nearly everyone has Broodwar, gotta get together to play a session of good ole SC. B)
cool, wd makes computer music like me.