Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix Reloaded
Just got back from seeing The Matrix: Reloaded... yes, I saw it Wednesday night, 10:45... had to stand in line for about 5 hours too (although 1.5 hrs of that was my friend and I ditching our other friend to go find some food... we had to walk, took a long time). Anyway, just gotta say... it was well worth it. I've never gone to the first showing of a movie, nor have I waited in a line longer than 1 or 2 hours (I live in LA... long lines are inevitable)... but I decided to go with a group of 16 people. The special effects... the fight scenes... just... absolutely incredible. I could care less if you like The Matrix, scifi, whatever... if you like fight scenes and overall action scenes... if you like the best special effects in just about any movie to date... you will definitely love it. Now I simply can't wait to see the third... November??? NO!
:o:blink::bfr:

GOOD TIMES... yeah... uhh... it's a little late, and I almost couldn't hitch a ride home... :Coffee1:
Indeed ... I also went tonight. (hehe beat ya'... 10pm showing!)

I will say the basic same. Pretty sweet. All of the effects were top notch as expected. The fight scenes were quite the same, in fact there is one in particular I would have to place ABOVE the Episode 2 Yoda fight! I don't wanna give too much away, for I know most have not yet seen it. I will just give 1 hint: Neo gets weapons this time. The first time he does... woah!

The Good: no wait... Fandango!
The Bad: front row..... maybe good for concerts, but bad for movies

I will have to see it again to take in all of the plot. No suprise here, I had to do the same with the first.
Chances are I will just end up buying it anyway.

B+

Beastie
Ouch... front row? I was the first in line, muahaha.
Why everything comes so late here to finland?? Matrix is coming to cinema in 21 of may.... and im going mad waiting it :wacko:
They're still rowing across the Atlantic as we speak to get it there.:blink:
g-boy 1 question, if you were first in line, with a wait that long, how long was it before the second set of people came to wait in line?
We bought out tickets earlier this week, showed up almost an hour and a half early and I was the 3rd one in the theater. The one we saw was 12:15pm The one for 10pm the night before was VIP only, least thats what they said.

I had a seat that was dead center of the screen (both up and down).

Next one comes in November, I plan on going and I will, even if I'm in a coma, I will be there just to be able to say I was once I wake up.
Not sure I understand the question frito... anyway, the preview for the third one was quite awesome... stay inside until the end of the credits people!
Sure g-boy tell me now AFTER I have seen the movie and of course I left before the end of the credits....guess I will just have to go see it again. I skipped out of work a little early and hit the 2:45 show, absolutely no wait.....only about 100 people in a theatre that holds close to 400 so I got the seat I always try to get...first row off the floor smack dab in the center.
I personally thought the acting was rather slow and at times monotone but the action scenes were awesome and the storyline was good.
btw I hated the ending
:P

and I beleive frito was saying when the theatre was full how long before the next group of ppl waiting in line got seated? The two hours that the movie lasted? The theatre I saw it in is starting a new show every 45min and has it running on 4 screens.
No, but close GRITS, g_boy said he was first in line and he waited for 5 hours, so if his group was there first, then when the next group pulled into the parking lot to come and stand inline behind you, how long was it in between the time you arrived and when they arrived? but now i am bored with the question so nm, lol
GRITS... you can't hate an ending if there isn't one! They made the final two at the same time, the last one coming out in November. So there wasn't an ending, and there really wasn't meant to be one. As it said, to be concluded. It's more of a 6 month intermission.
If anybody likes reading good debates, no matter where they come from, here's a nice thread which I'm pretty well involved in, from my old EQ server message board:

http://pub176.ezboard.com/fsacredomenfrm0....cID=11705.topic

Pretty much discussing what really happened throughout the movie, and what may happen in the third movie. The discussion is still going, and it's pretty interesting what different people think. I'm Zeto there heh.
I hate endings like that ...if I had of known it was TBC I would have waited until October to see it:PI hate soap operas and mini series for that same reason...they tease you and make you have to come back to fill satisfied...hmm maybe its not as bad as it seemed:rolleyes:
Ending makes you think, I like thinking:(
They really overdid the slow-motion on this one. Great special effects though, I can't think of any better. During some scenes
it looked fake (the slow-motion will only highlight these areas), but overall it was quite impressive.

The music was poor. It didn't really add to any of the scenes, mainly the tracks just didn't get me motivated or more into the fight scenes.

The acting was just ok. It got to the point where I was hoping Roy Jones would just knock Morpheus' ass out. He did a terrible job
in the first 45 minutes or so of the movie. I can live with poor acting from minor characters, but not from the main characters. It might not even be Fishburns fault, it's his lines and the way his character has to talk. He may hate the machines but he sure talks like one of them. If Morpheus ended up being a computer program then it would make a lot more sense to me =) I thought the others did a good job though.

The fight scenes were alright. They certainly had their moments, but they could have been shorter and the were repetitive at times. The kung-fu
lacks something that would keep me coming back. It's a lot of CG so I can't be "wow'd" by the actors, like say I am by Jackie Chan. I understand that he has used wires from time to time, but Reloaded goes for that
effect where almost everything is exaggerated. I've also never liked Superman. He's so powerful it annoys the hell out of me. That's basically who Neo is ("doing his Superman thing"). I never felt that he would at least get hurt, so there was little suspense.

I really enjoyed the scenes that advanced the story though, since I always liked the general idea of the Matrix. The ending was great, it leaves people guessing and thinking. Although the first hour and half or so was pretty lackluster (despite the special effects), the last bit was enough to make me want to see the final movie.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Well... hey... he does get hurt... remember the exile fight scene...
a b
Quote:They really overdid the slow-motion on this one.

The brothers that made the trilogy are really into comic books, they try to make things as visual as possible, and when something goes into slow motion, just imagine it as a picture on a Matrix comic book =p

It's their style.
Movie reviewers like Slate made me believe this movie was going to be abosolute shit and lack any form of plot. I felt that I didn't want to waste 9.50 on a showing and just buy the damn dvd when it came out. Only then though, did I realize that every review I had read had been completely different from the last. They varied from F's to A's to just a good old fashion C. I decided to check it out and decide for myself. Thus I learned that Slate is full of shit. Sorry jackass that they didn't lay the plot right in front of you and hammer it into your skull. Their subtle approach has been a refreshing change of pace.

SPOILER: Let's take the "protector" of the oracle. Why would she even need one if she was trying to help control humanity. Why would the guy imprisoning the keymaker tell Neo that the oracle's time has come? Why would the oracle tell Trinity that she would love the one? According to the architect the main difference between he and the other 5 "ones" was his love for Trinity. Because of that love he decided to return to the matrix, destroying the fate of mankind, making a decision none of his predecessors had done before. This inevitably led to his stopping the sentinels in the "real world." Then again, it could all just be a lie and another method to control humanity. Like acid said, it's good to have a movie that makes you think. There are hundreds of these little quirks that made this movie great. END SPOILER

Most people probably didn't notice these things due to the amount of action throughout the movie. Unfortunately, the fighting seems to suffocate the plot and pushes it aside where few notice it. Too much of anything is a bad thing after all. Other than that this was an awesome movie, go see it, right now, RUN damn you!

Cons: Some scenes are just a little too long, such as the cave scene and the freeway chase. The intervals between fight scenes was about 30 seconds, maybe less.
Pros: Everything else.

EDIT/SPOILER: On that previous note of the "protector," who's to say whether he is also one of the previous anomolies? He was matching Neo move for move and was glowing gold. Bah, so many things, so little time.

RWS's rating: A-
Slate's rating: D
Yeah, my whole post is a spoiler... so don't read if you haven't seen it:P

Anyway, as for her protector, he's going to be in the third one. That's actually intriguing the idea you had, him being a previous anomaly. My thoughts, though, are that the architect was lying about all the stuff he said. It was just very elegant to make Neo believe him, but just to mask his fear of Neo. The oracle is working against them, she told him what to do, as a part of the system of control. As for his power carrying over into the real world... it's really weird, I have no ideas, and it will have to be answered in the third one. Perhaps it is a matrix within the matrix... highly unlikely, and probably predictable, it would suck if that were the answer. Maybe he's just a supernatural human being to begin with, and that translates into the matrix, not the other way around. All I know... I agree with you RWS. People say there was no plot... well, number one, yes there was. There is a third one coming out, the whole thing hasn't come together yet. And btw, Wha, I think you're concentrating a bit too much. It's a movie, comic book style, not a work of literature. It isn't necessarily about a man discovering himself, that's just a part of it... it's basically about robots taking over the world and this guy trying to stop them via really cool fight scenes. Sometimes that's all right. Dune was a great novel... The Matrix is a cool trilogy of movies with great special effects, there's nothing to compare.

Voila.
Him having the control over the matrix outside of the matrix is easy, hes developed some sort of wireless connection to it.
a b
I think that they should have used the Rocky soundtracks for the music. The Eye of the Tiger. That is exactly what Neo has been lacking.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
I think they went too far out with the story. I was like oh man, this is crack. The first one was so... well believeabled I guess, this one I just sort of shurgged off. It was a good movie. The action scenes no doubt some of the best Hollywood has produced, but I thought the original Matrix movie was far more complete.
It's a middle movie, setting up the conclusion, not suppose to stand alone.
Quote:I think they went too far out with the story. I was like oh man, this is crack.

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

I'm sure that the creators of The Matrix Trilogy wont give some total shitheaded explanation for Neo's new power, it will all be explained (I'm 99% sure) in the third movie.

Neo is pretty much a super human in The Matrix after the first movie, he can see the code, he can predict anything (like some kind of supar ricochet player!), he has the ability to break the rules of strength, gravity, etc. (which explains why he makes agents fly when he barely taps them, and why he can fly). Him choosing to doom humanity instead of saving Zion is something that has never happened before, and something happened when he left The Matrix that last time, something that shouldn't have happened, something that the machines weren't prepared for, or didn't overlook, his anomalistic code wasn't returned to the source, he left the matrix with the code he carried, and that could've sparked something, some connection between him and the machine mainframe. Who knows, could be anything.
Like I said before... my current theory is that he is a supernatural human being to begin with... like someone with ESP and psychokinesis. And so his powers in the real world carry over into the matrix. That is why he is special. I don't believe there were other anomalies either, the architect was lying, it is just a story so they could attempt to fool him. Seems we shall find out in November.
Neo is a program
Sion is a program
everything in he matrix is a program..
OMG ... I get the feeling enzymo is a program...and if that is true are we all programs???
:lol:
did no1 notice agent smith at the end lying next to neo ? (at the start u see neo dreaming, these 2 guys were runnin and 1 went thru the fone, the 2nd got turned into a smith then went thru the fone line - its the same guy in a coma next to neo). U can pretty much garuntee smith's gunna b a huge part in the next 1