Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body ornamentation
Talking to my massage therapist the other day and we were discussing peoples addictions to adorning their bodies.......once you have one body piercing 5 or 6 is not out of the question...people who have tattoos often have more than one...and I wont even go into the topic of plastic surgery....
So lets stick with what you have or even intend to have in the way of body piercings/tattoos and/or jewelry that is so much a part of your daily ritual that you feel naked without it.

I had my ears pierced when I was 13. I did it myself with an ice cube to numb my ear and a needle that had been flamed for sterilization..I can still remember the sound of the needle as it went through my earlobe. Still have the holes (just two, one in each earlobe) and wear earrings once in a while. I have two toe rings that I wear daily one on each of my "second" toes...you know the one right next to the big toe. And that’s it no other piercings and no tattoos.. (told ya'll I just started having fun a year ago...you thought I was kidding) I have thought about a bellie ring......:blsh:
I got a large tribal tatoo on my inside forearm from wrist to elbow. Hurt like a murf too. I got a dragon
on my bicep. Tatoos rock. I am getting another tribal design on the other forearm and possibly one on my neck.
I have nothing so far, I think my brother has enough piercings and tattoos for my entire family tree. So first I'll give you an overview of what he has, then what I intend on doing. He's 23, a long-time punker, anti-everything, you know the deal. His hair has been every color on the spectrum, he's shaved it, mohawked it, dredlocked it, etc. He started with piercings, he got a bunch of holes in his ears, lobe and several other spots. Guess he discovered he liked it, so he then got a septum ring (the partition between your nostrils). He had to hide it for a while because he was underage and didn't want my family to know. After he turned 18, boom, he went all out. He got 3 lip rings, tongue ring, nipple rings, and god only knows what else. I believe he took out the nipple rings, but I could live with all of his piercings except for two. I wish I could remember what they are called, but you know those discs in the earlobes that stretch them out to a huge hole? He's got those, had them for years, and now they are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, maybe more. It's gross, and essentially permanent without plastic surgery in his future. Oh, on top of that, I forgot to mention he's got tattoos on every limb and several on his torso. Dunno if this would count as jewelry, but he of course wears all of the punker patches and stuff. He actually dresses slightly more normal now.

Now for me. Like I said, nothing so far, but I plan on getting one or two tattoos. Nothing big, nothing nasty. My brother got a tattoo that intrigued me. Basically it's the crest of the MacKenzie family, a Scottish clan thing. I thought something like that might be cool. I also like the yin-yang and the philosophy behind it, so a tattoo of it is a no-brainer for me. Probably just put it on my back or upper arm or something.
I have nothing. No tattoos or piercings or anything like that. Mainly because I'm terrfied of needles :D
My tattoo is my spray
no tats for me, always wanted one (a blues note, like the st louis blues) but when it came down to it, im too much of a puss i guess, had my ear pierced but it kept getting infected and i slept on that side so it made for long nights for a short while :P my buddy got a picture of his kid on his lower leg, bet that hurt! looks kick ass thou, like someone photocopied it on to his leg. but the face piercing looks gross to me cept from maby a lip ring, they look kinda cool.
Had my left ear pierced while in the navy, seemed better idea than a tatto. Stopped wearing it after college, but hole is still perm. Every once in awhile for nostalgia I will wear it, like for dancing or reunions.
If you love tats like me, you want to get as many as you can afford, and they aren't cheap. But the thing to remember is not to get one that seems cool now (as in this year). I would hate to be a goober who has a huge John Travolta Saturday Night Fever tat on my ass these days or have Eat my Sh*t tatooed across my forehead and have to explain to my grandkids one day what that was about. The pain is, well, it's not the best of feelings, kinda like a 3 hour long razorblade jackhammering into your tender flesh, but you relish the experience. You went to hell and back and survived so to say. Now piercings...that's a diff story. The pierced eyebrows, lips, noses...that stuff will always get you the best jobs at Burger King. And when you take them out, you got this big porthole pore that is gnarly. If you want to pierce something, pin cushon your genitals; I think alot of people like that and you can hide it till your newts swell up with infection and fall off. :blsh:
I think a couple of tattoos and a piercing or two are fine... beyond that, I don't particularly like it. Just looks bad, and it's permanent, that kind of thing. Especially girls/women who get piercings... I could do without any of them. The navel ring doesn't look bad to me, but all the others do (except for earlobe, that's sort of traditional, but I don't notice them one way or another). The whole tongue ring thing... you know... seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I don't know any guys who find piercings attractive.
Uhhh...g-boy...the chick with the pierced tongue has a purpose on this planet.:wub:
At least that's what I've heard. btw...my wife has her navel and tongue pierced.
women who pierce their tongues are like girls who have to leave the training wheels on their two wheelers.:thumb:
Still thinking about a tat, I pierced my tongue a few years ago, but it got infected early, and I decided never to feel that again. Tat's seem like a hidden yet expressive little doodad, and I wouldn't make it too large, maybe something along the Italian theme.

I'll be sure to post pics if I get one.

Jooza
[Image: chicken+copy.jpg]
PIX, I know. So I've heard as well... and my thing is, what exactly has to be improved? I can do without the metal or plastic thing getting in the way. I could just get myself in prison if I wanted to get it on with a chainlink fence.
Now if you mean it's like a signal that she is a member of the Head Foundation, I guess so... but that can be presumptuous because it's not generally true, and there are plenty of dudes with tongue rings too *thinks back to an old Chris Rock "song"* Besides, I don't go seeking out chicks with tongue rings.
Like I said, it's just not my thing. I see most piercings on girls as a distraction or just unattractive. I can handle the navel ring though, it actually looks good on some chicks.
I know wut you mean. I don't seek them either. To me they are just another Marrital Aid:blink:
LOL
Hasn't anyone heard Chris Rock's song, No Sex in the Champagne Room? ^_^ "If a guy has his tongue pierced, he'll probably suck your...*shudder*"

I don't plan on getting any piercings, though a nipple piercing has been suggested. I do plan on getting a custom plain black tat on my back. Across the shoulder blades and middle.
g-boy,Jun 10 2003, 08:12 PM Wrote:Now if you mean it's like a signal that she is a member of the Head Foundation, I guess so... but that can be presumptuous because it's not generally true, and there are plenty of dudes with tongue rings too *thinks back to an old Chris Rock "song"* Besides, I don't go seeking out chicks with tongue rings.
Yes, I do remember... that's why I brought it up :P
I think i would get a tatoo but it would have to reflect something about me, or something i'm really proud of. I think people have started getting them because they're in fashion or they're a rebel with out a cause. Keep in mind its gonna last your whole life so u might as well get something that means a lot to you. As far as peircings, maybe something conservative or complitley off the wall, not sure yet :P.
The lead from Strapping Young Lad has the logo of the canadian government tattooed down his right shin. Big too, takes up nearly all of it.
Definitely keep in mind the 'long term' affects of tattoos and piercings..
I have a friend that has had his nipple pierced for about 6 years. It is a smaller ring he keeps in it but over the years the weight has pulled his nipple longer than what I think is normal ...it is definintely longer than the other one. He will probably always have the nipple ring just so he doesnt have to explain the oddity when he has his shirt off....
And.......I hope tattoos are better than they use to be....maybe...but keep in mind you are sloughing skin daily which means if you get your tattoo in your 20s by the time you are 60 or so it will not be as bright and vibrant...and some of the more 'detailed' work will fade...your skin will also sag some in your older years no matter how good of shape you are in....and your 'true love' on your chest might look like he/she has wrinkles. Next time you see one of your grans ask them if they have a tattoo you can see and then ask them what it use to be. ^_^
The only tattoos I have seen last the years are the monochromatic ones, they still fade but it doesnt really affect the look of the tat.
I knew someone who had 2 B's on their buttcheeks, one on each side.
When they bent over it said BoB.:P
umm, do u tell your wife this PIX?:P
I don't have any tattoos and generally aren't interested in getting any, just because they're permanent. I do, however, have 3/4 piercings...3 pieces of jewellry but 4 holes. My eyebrow, nipple, and my left ear(industrial). And who knows what's to come in teh future:lol:
if i had to pick i would definitely get a tattoo, but i really dont feel the need. not that im against it or anything, i just dont have enough money to spend on a tattoo.
Quote:sage_4 Posted on Jun 19 2003, 12:21 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if i had to pick i would definitely get a tattoo, but i really dont feel the need. not that im against it or anything, i just dont have enough money to spend on a tattoo. 

WHOAWHOAWHOA, if you didn't go out and spend money on getting your perfectly mono-colored volvo painted, you surely would have plenty of money to get a tattoo. so that's no excuse. still, your philosophy stands rightly.

I have my left ear pierced, as of now, but I plan to have a tattoo later on in life. I plan on aquarius on my shoulder blade, medium sized, and only one color. nothing too fancy, but still i want one. I've had other piercings in me previously, but nothing that lasted (e.g., my nipple, my ankle, my elbow, etc.). My dad told me that if i got any piercings other than my ear, he'd rip them out. I guess i just caved on the thought that i'd end up with three nipples....
first off, its not mono-colored, its oxidized. big difference. and you could have left your saturn half purple after the "incident", but i guess thats different, eh? besides, tattoo isnt my highest priority right now. i believe what you originally asked me a few days ago was "if you absoloutely had to choose between a tattoo, piercing, or brand, what would you choose?" not "your a moron for wanting to paint your car" but it seems that everything turns into that these days.
i was referring to the comment about not having enough money to get one. (also, "you're" is "you are," "your" is possessive.) and not that you are a moron, just that you are unjustified, IN MY TERMS.
besides, you know full well that i had no choice in painting that car, if it were up to me, i'd have left it two different colors. tis trendy, yo. i'd have liked it.
dammit, i'm not preventing you from getting your car done, i just wouldn't had i been given the opportunity. jebus, take it as a compliment THAT I ALREADY THINK YOUR CAR LOOKS NICE. i'd also like to mention that i said that you had a right to think that way. IT WASN'T AN INSULT.
BTW...with all this discussion on body art...I'm getting a new tribal tatoo which will probably cover my whole forearm this Saturday.
I have to find SOME way to amaze GRITS each week.