Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the best guitar?
with all the musicians who play rico, and are invloved in the forums, i know i'm not the only guitarist here, so which is the best? Or just your favoirte, if thats the one u have or not, share both. I just bought a washburn hallowbody 35.

Mines the red one, but an older model cuz i got it used. The biggest diffrence to the outside would be the switch that changes which pickup is in use is inbetween the control knobs and the pick guard and not on the body just above the end of the neck. A slight diffrence. My dream guiatr would have to be the gibson les paul gothic. I don't think i need you need a pic its just a black les paul. I got the washburn for a good deal a couple weeks back and haven't put it down since, it does everything quite well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

best playing guitars -
* Ibanez
* Kramer
* Newer Washburns
* Les Pauls (older)
* Heritage (old form of les paul that got shut down but bought out certain paul shops)
* Japanese remade Fenders and Squiers

it just all depends on what you want to sound like or do.

best guitarists -
* Jimmy Page (of Led Zeppelin)
* Eddie Van Halen (of Van Halen)
* Rhandy Rhoads (of Ozzy)
* Zakk Wylde (of Ozzy)
* Kirk Hammett (of Metallica)
* James Hetfield (of Metallica)
* Dave Mustaine (of Megadeth)
* Steve Vai
* Joe Satriani
* Andy Timmons
* John Petrucci
* Adam Jones (of Tool)
* Mark Tremonti (of Creed)
* Rob Balducci
* Thomas Blug
* Ace Freely
* Nuno Bettencourt
* Slash (of Guns N' Roses)
* Eric Clapton
* Jimmie Hendrix
well i'm into the a lot of stuff, but right now i wanna do a lot of heavy music, like mudvayne heavy. My washburn can do alot of the basics, but doesn't seem to sound that great with the heavy stuff. What would I need to do that?
maybe u need a better distortion pedal...:unsure:all guitars basically output sinusoidal tones. try going into a "drop d" tuning, make sure your strings are super-light, etc...before buying a new guitar

i play a '92 u.s.a. fender stratocaster w/ a vintage pickguard, graphite hardware and rosewood fretboard. a superb instrument that i had for about 9 years...i never got around to adding a hotrail or anything at the bridge position which is probably what u would want to do if u wanted to play nu-metal w/ a strat. i'll post a picture soon.

i play mostly gothic lounge-like music on my guitar (i actually just doodle...lol), so i play clean (although i have a dod "death metal" pedal if i want it) jacked straight into the amp. hum is cancelled by a special circuit on the guitar that was designed special for it...i had to say that, because a lot of u were about to flame me about how single-coil strats are noisy...:D

the only guitar i wanted to buy recently was an older american re-issue danelectro (i think all the new danelectros are made in korea now unfortunately...but they are a good value though...just get the frets filed down first). man, that thing felt and played like it was custom made for me...i made some of the most dreamy stuff on it right on the fly.

something that i would really like to own is a resonator guitar...you know the acoustic guitars that look they have a hubcap glued to it. then i would buy a glass "bottle-neck" for my ring finger and just make the coolest stuff. most pple asscociate slide guitar w/ crappy country music...but man...u need to listen to some of ry cooder's stuff...used in the proper context it's simply amazing.
.asm: gothic lounge-like music? What would that be?

One of the greatest guitarists: Carlos Santana

Favorite guitar (I don't play): Les Paul (older ones)
Yeah, i was looking into a death metal pedal, thinking it would suit my needs. I rented a boss gt-6, which it has all the basics, overdrive/distortion, delay, chorous, wah, phasers, flanger and a bunch of stored settings, but i still couldn't get the sound just right. I got it close, but it was still a bit off, for the heavy sounds. I'm sure a bass would help with that sound to, but i think most of it is the guitar, would the dod pedal help (I always think of day of deafeat when i see dod :P).
Oh, it also comes with a tuner, so i can go into any tunnings, like drop d, and b.
I have links galore on anything you could imagine.

* Forums with help available
* Tab Writing Programs
* Tab Readers
* Sheet Music notation
* TabSites
* Tab Search Engines
* Official tips and tricks from pro's
* Stuff you find in magazines
* Every imagineable chord or note and how to play it
* Stuff for beginners
* Every imagineable tuning and how to get there
* Effects and how to make them
* Info on guitars, basses, and amps themselves
* and much, much more.

This could all be yours for the low, low price of Installing the new aim beta and getting it from me or giving me your email and I will send you a .zip or .rar of it...
[email protected]

is my email and also my msn, that would be great thanks cloud
the "death metal" pedal is good and not that expensive...i've been able to get everything from a sludgy helmet sound to a crisp static-x sound w/ my strat. i used it once to make a heavy-metal/breakbeat version of beverly hills cop's "axl f"...it kicked ass!...:rolleyes:

my rocker friend swears by his boss "metal zone", so i better put a word in for it too.

i used to have a dod "buzz box"...it's basically their "grunge" petal w/ a 2-octave pitch drop and u can mix between the pure distortion and the dropped signal making these weird electrical disturbance effects...i loved playing my analog synth through it...and tweaking the pedal as i played...i got some bizarre textures...lol

Quote:.asm: gothic lounge-like music? What would that be?

my friends don't understand either until they hear me play and their like..."oh!!...gothic lounge-like music...i get it now..."...:D
Out of all you guitar players, who uses a tube amplifier? And if so, what kind?
yeah, .asm, the metal zone is pretty popular to, i guess i'd have to try them all out in store with my washburn, But a static x sound would be nice, looking for the kinda of flexability and diversity, everything from dredg, to like a slipknot/mudvayne.
help me out evil, what's a tube amplifier? I just use a practice amp, nothing great.
a tube amp is an amplifier which uses vacuum tube circuitry (read: old school)...the amps today are mainly solid-state amps which use some digital circuitry. for some purists, tube amps are the only kind of amps to have. the guitarist in my old band had a peavy (or maybe it was marshall) tube-amp...he swore by that "tube sound"...as for me...i don't care....lol
Tube as in vaccuum tube? Do they even make those anymore?
There are the old Fenders, Marshalls, Peavey's and Mesa Boogie is probably the biggest current producer.

With tubes you get a natural even harmonic distortion as part of
the performance of overdriving the tube.

I had not realized they were so obscure. Maybe the stuff in my garage
will become collector's items soon.
Oh if you have heard a guitar through a tube amp and a solid state amp on the same stage you have to be able to hear the difference in tonal quality...they sound "cleaner" to me. I ran sound for my exs' bands for many years and can tell you if someone is playing through a tube amp when I walk in the door....one of those little things I use to do to amaze my friends....that and recognizing a strat by the sound alone without looking....but that is because the sound of them grates on my nerves.....ironically I went to an estate sale today and there is a standard strat (American made) in mint condition that they want $700 for...if it is still there tomorrow when the sale goes 50% off I will buy it...also a Fender amp asking $185 today....under $100 tomorrow?? oh yeah if it is still there that baby is mine. :D
Now I just need someone to play it....or teach me how to.
heh, this is the perfect place for it grits. You keep saying your blown away by how many musicans play rico. I have a feeling my amp isn't tube, but i really have no idea, have to ask my uncle (it was his). BTW, do u guys like delay pedals? it came with one of those to.
Quick question??? does it have to 'warm' up?
umm, do u want it to?
Fender amp? Tube? What model?
"warm-up" no...
I think we missed the inuendo GRITS, nice try though. You'd think sex crazed adolesents would have com up with something :huh:but anyhow, are delay pedals useful?
yes very much so...they make a doubled sound and can also make something simple sound more complex... I personally just use my beautiful Digitech RP2000....discontinued, mind you, cuz it's just too damn good. It pwns all...has all the effects you could want, plus you can alter them and put multiple ones together...it's the shiznat...
heh, i hope so i bout one of the things (package deal). So, GRITS did u buy that guitar that was on sale?
I shouldnt have showed an interest because they didnt put them on half off Sunday. I still thought the amp was a good deal for $185 it is a Fender champ 25 SE Solid State amp with 25 Watt tube amp with Fender special design tubes 2 x 6L6 GC P/N023556 and one 7025/128X7A (P/N01334) It sounds wonderful, especially for a small amp. I added it to the collection in the studio. The guitar is worth the $700 I just can't see spending that when I don't even know how to play. I gave them my number and said call me if it doesnt sale. Mint condition standard strat silver/gray color with locking tuning keys.(with case) We will see if I hear from them.
That would be a 12AX7A tube... B)
oh yeah like anyone else is gonna catch that typo:P
*raises hand*
*bows head in shame*