Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you think about this
what about me or am i to newb for everyone?
Ok now that we expierenced this once why do we do it something like a weekly thing ever friday When grits gets home i guess she locks the servers and we all play or something Soooooo Lets brain storm
I am open for a game plan...all servers or one server or two?
all day? let those who play early have some peace and quiet too
off at midnight or earlier...btw I went in to unlock and they already were whats up with that?:blink:
every friday or every other?
input now please
password will be on news page...I just couldnt get there this time
Ok let's get this settled now. Too many people are liek hey let's do this and then no one knows wtf is going on. Friday night...right after work (which is about 5 pm ctrl) we can lock one server...I'd say the vad server. Then players can join and if we see it gets too full...we'll lock another, then another if need be. I really don't want to see all the servers full, but have all of them about 10 / 12 or 8 / 10 so that players can leave one server and enter another freely. If this could happen then everyone will have a chance to meander and play along with everyone. I would say have a roster for players to sign up but then it'd be too much like a league of just friends and well people might get left out...etc. So just make it known that you want to come and then if you see the servers are locked then pm or im one of us admins and we'll get the situation fixed up...
i see a very short future for this plan ahead..... Oh wait my bad, my past experiences with these kinds of ideas have made me very skeptical and cynical about these kinds of ideas
There is a big difference betwwen doing a tourney and just locking a server for a few hours.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
ok how about every friday all day??? one server if it fills up then 2 but we could set up a roster of how many people can be there.
I wouldn't lock it all day especially on a weekday. Locking it all day might work for this Friday since it is a holiday and the volume of traffic would be higher than your normal weekday. For other Friday's though it should be only for late afternoon like 5PM or 6PM till 11PM or 12AM. I'm going by Eastern time though since that's where I am. I don't know what time zone GRITS might want to go by.
wait, when did i say i was just talking about the tourny. What about the two leagues? and the dm tourny?
Your right I forgot about those other things sorry about that. However this is still totally differant from all of those. Tourney's and League's are dependent on certain people being in a place at a specified time. What we are doing does not require that. For this you can come and go as you please. It doesn't matter if we have 8,10, or a full server. I like having this small time where only the regulars can be on. For a few hours it would be nice not having to explain the game to someone new.
I think that if people notice that every friday the servers are locked ... they will want to know why... and they will become interested in the site too... it's all good... plus anyone reading this KNOWS where to look:P
Ok ok ok We need to know what time zone every one is in then Iam in the MTN time zone. how about on the roster we put what time zone you are in. that way i can best set up a playing time that everyone could be on at
I'm in EST, i also think we should do this for a dm map to, we have a large following of dm players.
I am taking notes on all recommendations and then I will run a draft by ya'll for input'
I do like the idea of one arena and one mayhem server...allows for variety and fair for all
I am mountain or central time, I never remember so I always do my time that I tell people as EST because I know I am one hour different from EST
your in central then grits its 2 hours diffrent from EST if your in Moutain. A Dm server why not then you can get owned by me all night long
Central babe....you're central.;)
im central, can i come?
As long as you bring some ruffles
Slasher-186.2,Jun 30 2003, 06:54 PM Wrote:your in central then grits its 2 hours diffrent from EST if your in Moutain. A Dm server why not then you can get owned by me all night long
You obviously haven't played with me on the DM server ;-) I was late joining and GRITS, -]ut[-Thor and one or two other regulars were in ... and I still over took him around the 180-ish mark ;-) I believe that magoo, anon and GRITS were very helpful in dying for me... so I'd like to dedicate this post to their memory ... many times over ;-)