Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gordon's back for some ricochet
has anyone had this problem w/ their server .dll. note this isn't the same problem as when you spawn w/ a grenade but are still able to play ricochet...you actually behave as in hl, you can jump, long-jump, etc... you have no discs and you can't use the arrows...when u fall off the platform, you go all the way down to the floor of the map's bounding box....u don't die, u can just run around...ARGHHH!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would just have to say........
thats some really messed up shit......
i had the grenade, but that don`t count......

Sorry can`t help yeah!

why is it doing that anyway?
is there some "crossed wires" or something between Rico and Hl?
interesting you said that...it may be possible that something happened where my compiler is grabbing the wrong file(s)...don't know...i'll look into it...but if it's something really simple, i'm going to bash my skull against the pavement of my driveway.

i mean, jesus christ!...the shit maka-no sense.

oh yeah, i think it wants to play hl on a rico map...dunno why...the server won't even recognize the "spectate" command (that's got to be a symptom right there of something along that effect)...now it's becoming clearer and...no...actually it's not...ARGHHH!
hmmm...

i just went ahead and compiled from another copy of the sdk...it's back to normal...but i still wonder what happened before..investigations are pending...^_^

i should of know better when my mp.dll jumped from 640k -> 712k. my guess is when i reinstalled the sdk a few nights ago...it must of screwed with the compiler settings...:rolleyes:

this gives me an idea...there aren't really any melee weapons in ricochet...hmm...what do u guys think? it would be kind of cool to do some crazy jump, land near a guy and hit him w/ a futuristic axe or something.
yeah that would be neat but then it would probibly also be overbalancing.

no harming trying out though just make sure it gets tested to find any problems it could cause.

I'd have to go with a lightsaber over an axe though.
Hmm... sounds like you just compiled the wrong dll into there... either that or you started HL without selecting the "-game ricochet" on the command or within the games bit inside.
no net cause then the disc hud wouldn't be there if it was HL in a rico map...the .dll got screwed up...same thing happened when i would mod diablo 2....sometimes things would work right...you come back the next day and compile and its all messed up.
Yeah, I hadn't though of the HUD bit.:)
lol...yeah...maybe it's better to just make copies and stick them in the same folder as the project...how many more files does it expect?..i don't know...and what about unexpected dependencies?..don't know...anyways, i don't expect a whole lot from valve...at this point, i just expect things like this to happen time to time.

the sdk could have been more well thought out in my opinion.
The idea of weapons is cool.... imagine if we could chuck animals and insects at people ... then we could sing:

Quote:A highly deadly black tarantula
Daylight come and me won go home
nice idea

I'd like to use the ion cannon through the yellow barrier on a few of you...lol.