Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now it's my turn to say Yea USA
Ok...now is my turn to say I love my country. It is July 4th in like 6 minutes. We ARE the country the world loves to hate.
I am so thankful to be here in this land...people take our freedoms for granted so much. After Sept 11, my pride grew
and grew as did most Americans and we pretty much come out swinging to take up for our lady. I do have one gripe about
our freedoms: the blue laws here in the South....why in the shit can I NOT buy liquor on Sunday and why can I NOT buy booze
before noon on Sunday at a bar??? Sounds like a Canadian conspiracy if you ask me:P Anywhooze....Happy 4th of July America...
the land that I love. Love out to all our soldiers out there kicking ass and trying to give other poor saps a lil piece of the red, white
and blue.:thumb:
Happy 4th of July to all you Americans here... hmm i wonder, are we allowed to celebrate with fireworks here in Canada because i still have lots left over from Canada day and i dunno what to do with them. Maybe i could take em appart and create one big monster fire cracker moohahahaha...:devil:
Happy 4th of July to everybody:)Time to party ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

thanks apex and enzymo for the nice sentiments...

happy july 4th everybody!! i'm glad to be an american...especially when i read about great men like thomas paine and andrew jackson. we live in strange and difficult times, but we shouldn't give up hope and grow complacent or indifferent...that's not what our forefathers did...they just gave "the man" the finger and switched to coffee...lol.

the usa won't be around forever but 1) we can try ^_^and... 2) the impact that this country has made in such a relatively short span of time (227 years) will leave a positive imprint on future earth (and perhaps alien) civilizations for a long, long time to come.
As many propably knows most of "europeans" think America basicly Usa ppl to be pretty dumb, heh yes you hav some strange things like the Bold and the Beautiful :)but I like America and I would love to visit Usa some time.. when we hav nuff money..
Mostly I like North America coz of the languange I love english.. games wouldnt be what they are without english I never buy a game wich is Finnish languange coz it somehow doesnt seem right... well Congrats Americans for surviving this far
:thumb:
Happy Birthday to us, Happy Birthday to us.Have a beer on me.
Happy 4th to all you yanks down there. All us canucks are still trying to recover from the 1st LOL
Happy 4th all! This country rules, Andrew Jackson was an ######, and I really wish fireworks were easier to come by in Southern California. Yeah, we are the country people love to hate, and get that "dumb American" rap, but really, best university system in the world, so many smart competitive people, and look where we are in such a short time... I don't think Americans are stupid. I think we just have extremes... when people are stupid, they are really stupid over here... when they are smart, they are really damn smart though.

Anyway, rock on Independence Day!
i don't think of myself as being proud to be a natural born american.
i think myself as lucky.
we've got goods and we've got bads, but all in all the USA is a kick ass place to live, we are like movie stars in hollywood, everyone else that is watching us can be very critical and quick to point out our flaw, and take little time to thank us for our efforts, but when they need are help AGAIN, they expect it and sometimes demand it, we started out with nothing, and look at us now, baby we've come a long way, and its been a rough road but i'm wondering what the world would be like if we never gained independence, would the rest of the world stick up for the little guy or just take them over.
God Bless the USA

frito
i love the place, its mostly the ppl that bother me;)
This is from somethingawful.com

"It's that time of year once again for Americans like me to honor our country's independence by blowing our hands off with Black Cats, waving the flag back and forth while staggering drunkenly on our front lawn, and yelling "woooooooooooooo" whenever something bright appears in the sky. I caught myself cheering on the rising sun early this morning and, after a brief moment of embarrassment, I realized that the sun was just God's way of celebrating how completely awesome the United States is. After that I cheered the sun until my vision went dark and I had to put a washcloth over my face for an hour or so. I'm still seeing stars which means all I need to do now is stare at a couple of halogen tubes and I'll have a virtual American flag superimposed over whatever I see. If I could only bottle that kind of patriotism I would be able to sell it at Wal-Mart and become a very rich man."

[Image: 07-04-2003-eagle.jpg]
In memory of americas fallen heroes.
that pic looks like a cancerous decapitated turkey head ............... and it scares me.:o
Well its july 5th now, all the parties are done (like my two day long party i had)... BUT you know what? who cares about hte date we should celebrate this wonderful country everyday!!!

Anyways, other countries that hate us *coughcoughfrancecoughcough* only hate us cause they are jealous of our success. They want to point our flaws because they want to bring us to their level, but screw them, let's continue kicking butt for the next 227 years!!!
Right On PG!
PuNkGirL,Jul 5 2003, 01:44 PM Wrote:Anyways, other countries that hate us *coughcoughfrancecoughcough*  only hate us cause they are jealous of our success.
i don't know where so many people got the idea that france HATES us. locally, a french antique shop was recently vadolized with phrases like "f*** france" written largely and clearly across the face of our downtown scape. i had never been inside the store, but i feel remorse for the people that owned it. it makes me ill when such small minded people are regularly encouraged to act as such, with our general hatred of them.
why is it that we must condemn the people of other nations to become proud of our own? are these the kind of traditions that we want to relive?
sure, france didn't help out when we have bailed them out of other situations, like WWI and WWII. but who started those wars? france? why then do we blame them for so much, now?
all i'm saying is that maybe we should bring more solid-minded traditions to coming generations. and also, i don't remember germany stepping up to any requests. maybe one should consider that, before dishing out insults.

i love this country, but not because i hate the others.
where do i get the idea that france hates us? from french people.<_<

i think when we learn to treat each other w/ respect and courtesy, we can heal a lot of wounds but it has to be mutual to work. i won't be visiting france soon because i heard so many stories about the insults and ill-treatment of americans. i heard paris was ok because it is an "international" city...but elsewhere?...nope.

look, it's a different culture. they are a country w/ a long and proud history...but they are no longer a super-power and maybe that hurts that pride a bit. i also don't think they are overly impressed w/ the americans that often visit their country. note: when your in another country...behave yourselves.

if we can all follow the last line of brokend's post, we'll be okay.

remember, if it wan't for us, france may be a german territory right now...but also, remember that if it wasn't for france, the united states may never have become a country. they gave their lives to help us against the english and hessians in the revolutionary war.
watching the news the other day, i remember seeing a promotional video for american tourism in france, featuring many french-favoring americans like woody allen. how can one abuse such an awkward fellow like woody allen? not i.

and just because you hear stories about abuse in other countries doesn't make them true. why does france hate us? because we're pompous jerks without any respect for anything, without limits or restrictions on anything? they may believe that, based on certain stories they hear, but as we all know, it's not like that at all. misconceptions are easy to create. i'd just warn that it's mutual (myself not excluded).
oy, i feel like i am just arguing for the sake of saying something contradictory. i agree with .asm, for the most part.
DON'T BE A JERK. you make us all look bad.:offtopic:okok, i'm sorry. didn't mean to get off track, there. just a little ... peeved.
i'm part french, i dont hate you. i just dont understand any of this: "They dont agree with us, quick, everyone hate them." thats not the american way, nor the french way. granted, there are some funny jokes out there (france even lost its own revolution, wtf) but i hate when they are called wuss' because they got their asses kicked in WW1 + 2. first off, that was like a billion years ago, get over it. secondly, in both cases, they were attacked first, any country would fall under those conditions (damn nazis, why cant we just hate them instead). ive met a lot of ppl from a lot of countries and they all think i hate them instantly because they arent american, so they become just as arrogant as we have. i guess its hard to understand extreme nationalism when im part cuban, irish, spanish, and french.

*edit*: im amazed americans arent this hard on poland, they fell before the war even started:P.
They were expected to, and they weren't bragging about the great maginot line.and alot of french nationals were high on the collaborater deeds. Your saving grace was the French resistance, brave and romantic, and pound for pound could kick ass. But that was then and this is now and we don't expect any thing from them other than to learn new whines.

American asks the Frenchman what is you favorite wine?
Frenchman say "Why won't you let us play with the iraqi's anymore"
Thanks for mentioning the Maginot line... it wasn't just that they got invaded and overtaken so quickly, it was that it happened twice so swiftly, and they concentrated all of their defenses on the German border and didn't even think it was possible for the Germans to go through Belgium. Anyway, it's all good.
just because you are part-something doesn't mean you can identify w/ that something.:ph34r:

think about it...i read an interview, where ewan mcgregor was approached by an american woman who said "hey, i'm scottish too!". he laughed his ass off. the point is that woman shares no significant connection w/ the scottish people...she doesn't understand or experience the struggles and livlihood of their people.

so next time, you run into foreigners, who happen to be from the same place as your great-grandparents, realize that they see you solely as an american and nothing more. if you try to identify w/ them, you will become the butt of their jokes and look ignorant.
hey, to be fair, the maginot line was built after ww1 and wouldve whooped ass at the time. its not a new thing when militaries dont upgrade strongholds, norads been the same for plenty of years, its still just a mountain on top of them.

also, .asm, i dont know how true your statement is. ive met a lot of ppl from all of my backgrounds, ive never been laughed at, of course, i dont go up to french people with the opening line of "im a quarter french", but its bound to come up at some time in conversation, and i dont think its worth laughing at. its all just names anyway, just because i was born in america, it doesnt mean i participated in 200 years of history. i am no more responsible for the outcome of the revolutionary war than any german is for the nazi uprising. and contemporary european culture isnt outstandingly different from ours.

i guess what im getting at is that we're all humans, and we have different opinions:P. for the love of god, lets get over it, if we all thought the same thing then we may as well eliminate the word "I". (anthem, anyone?)
and we wouldn't have this thread, so please continue
i don't think many understand the reference to certain ayn rand novels. besides, in anthem, it wasn't the germans or the french or the americans that were degraded, and treated as a lower class. it was WOMEN. now can't we all just assume the inevitable futuristic society, lay off other cultures, and become hateful toward one thing we all have in common, the wrteched existence that are FE-males?

lol, just kidding, vad!! :lol:

:ph34r:
no hes not, kill him with your murderous kungfu grip!
gonna have to hurt you now brokend:P
ok, well can you do it behind me? there's this place i can never reach, and, well, it's been itching for a looooooong time, and maybe you can scratch it as a final request, you know, before turning me into something horrbile, (i dunno, like a USMCC).
:blsh:
the horror, the horrors! :wacko: