Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to be the straw that stirs the drink, but..
first off, thanks for indepth response. 2nd off, you have to admit it, that last election, with the florida thing, that was f'd up. I'm not saying I like gore or anything (in fact, I dislike him, and I hate Lieberman, who was going to ban all teenagers and video games if he were to come into power) but from what I've heard, in the counted ballots, he won the popular vote. the sad thing is that we can never know.

another thing: i really know exactly what u mean by "they are bored." I live in colorado springs, an ultra conservative place, mainly due to the large military presence, and the fact that we are the HQ for Focus on the family. now i consider my self more of a liberal moderate, I lean more to the left than the right, but I'm no democrat, but sometimes i feel choked here. Of course, on the other hand, there is a very healthy "liberal underground" here. Sometimes it is cool, but most of the time, people are so over ambitious to just say "F*** the system!!" in any way that they can, that it comes off as obnoxious, and nothing ends up happening. I do think we're on the brink of the circle completing itself (something between the depression and the vietnam backlash), but people need to be a bit more objective about things.

Messages In This Thread
I hate to be the straw that stirs the drink, but.. - by sage_4 - 07-04-2003, 02:59 AM
I hate to be the straw that stirs the drink, but.. - by Guest - 10-03-2003, 01:38 PM