Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to be the straw that stirs the drink, but..
my volvo may look like a hog, but it gets 28 mpg highway;). also, remember when we ran out of fuel in the 70's? i'm always skeptical about how available oil really is, considering how tied up it is in the government. Despite how much or little we may have right now, the oil companies could agree to declare an oil crisis right now if they wanted to, jacking the prices up. My dad worked at a gas station during the "shortage". they had a 6 pump station down to one pump and high prices because there wasnt enough gas. but my dad said the store manager found himself in such excess of it that he said that my dad was aloud to fill up as much as he wanted for him and his friends.

all im saying is that it is completely possible for there to be a 300 year oil supply already (though obviously, unlikely), and still the companies + media could keep us hyped about it.

Messages In This Thread
I hate to be the straw that stirs the drink, but.. - by sage_4 - 07-04-2003, 05:58 PM
I hate to be the straw that stirs the drink, but.. - by Guest - 10-03-2003, 01:38 PM