Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
g-boy vs. RWS results
Man... that was a scary game. I thought RWS had me beat for sure.

As stated, the match was first to 7 wins. RWS lead 5-1 at one point, around that time I threw my mouse really hard and the batteries and stuff flew out(you can see I was afk for a moment in the demo... thanks for not killing me RWS:P). I had to pause to fix it, lol. Anyway, yeah, I came back and tied it at 5... took a 6-5 lead... he then got me and tied 6-6... and finally, to my amazement and shaking hands, I edged him out 7-6. This match goes to [*RiP*]!

RWS usually my toughest opponent, I rarely win, and this match was no exception. I truly think RWS is the better player, by a few levels, but he got a little too comfortable and nervous, and I got some adrenaline going and fought on. Little luck here and there, and I got myself a win. Even though it was a story of two matches within one match, it was fun the whole way, even when I was losing. Lots of close calls, several bumps here and there (man we can be middle hogs sometimes), and RWS has to be the best at getting those powerups before his opponent. I'd say 30% of his kills on me were powerup related, and he goes after them too.

I'm posting screenshot... as you can see, I did get plenty of luck in the wins department, he outscored me 24-20. He led me like 12-2 or 3 at some point. Anyway, we both made demos, ask either one of us or both, depending on the vantage point you wanna see. Also, thanks to kermit.asm for those nice pings... he made a server for us california boys :thumb:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lol, that was pathetic on my part. Got 2-0, or 2-1 leads multiple times and then g-boy made the comeback. At about the fifth match I started thinking "Damn, I better win, uT's reputation is on the line." Then I just got my ass handed to me by some great shots made by g-boy. That was an awesome and fun match, hope to have more exhibition matches with g-boy and the rest of the RiP gang. Asm's server was great too, we were getting 40-60 ping, and that's a first for me when playing ricochet.

GG's G-boy.
My hands are still shaking.
What ran through my mind... "damn bro, what if you make a comeback and win? come on, you're RiP leader!"

Pretty similar to what I did in my match vs. acid a while back... I was thinking, what if I beat acid, who has always been superior? And I came just so close...

Actually, after almost breaking my mouse, I started playing like nox or razor... tried sticking to the middle. I strayed out for a while, but I wanted to keep you from those powerups... so I kept in the middle as much as possible and just started firing discs into any possible jumping lane. I did change my strategy mid-match -_-
gj RWS...you represented us well...and don't worry about our reputation...we're both equally badass clans so on any given day once could pull the upset and visa versa...
Well put.