Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet Changes
Here is the latest status of the ricochet dll (.so for Linux). It is compiled correctly and runs on my Linux server great. Initially there were some commands that slipped in (duck and jump) because the Makefile was pointing to the wrong shared directory.

Now the bad news. Despite compiling the dll with the a 'shared' library rather than a static one, the dll will not run on any Holdouts server because the version of Linux is not current (or too old). Stefan has said that he will be upgrading the OS soon but no specific time frame.

What I would like to do is for anyone who has a Linux box to try to run the dll and see if it works or they get the same errors. Obviously when Valve compiles the dll it works more universally.

Here are good step-by-step instructions for setting up a CS server on linux. The only difference is you don't have to d/l and install the CS part and when starting the game just replace 'cstrike' with 'ricochet' and use a ricochet map. It would be best to get the server going with the standard dll first and then it can be swapped out. I will make the dll available here for d/l. It is about 1.4 MB in size.

Any takers?

desNotes