Poll: Menthol or Normal cigarettes?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mentholz0rz 0wnz0rz tehz0rz allz0rz smokez0rz!!
18.18%
4 18.18%
Normal smokes are better
13.64%
3 13.64%
Ur dumb for smoking..
59.09%
13 59.09%
GOD DAMN I HATE YOUR POLLS ANTIX!!!
4.55%
1 4.55%
My mom doesnt let me close to fire.
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menthol or Normal!?!?!
answer the question fools!
I smoked for 25 yrs so I know why I was dumb.
I did cancer research for years....trust me...you are dumber than dumb if you still smoke with all the data out there..much less the economics

multiply how much you spend on cigarettes a year times 30 years bet you could have one hella of a house with that kind of money....oh wait you keep smoking and you may not have to worry about a house in 30 years...but you could have one hell of a funeral for that kind of money

no no GRITS tell us how you really feel about smoking :P

congrats Jabba on being strong enough to quit a physically addictive habit:thumb:
hehe i tried to stop smokin once... went 8 hours.. but i guess it has to be sumthin u really wanna quit to accually succseed.. kinda like drugs..?
It will happen Antix, you definitely are strong enough you have proved that already...you do have to want it for it to happen...
you will get tired of the control it has over you and the inconvienences it causes...like some women arent gonna want to kiss a smoker...and you are ostricized from a lot of places for the habit...I personally have a problem with infringing on peoples personal space but it is just the way life is these days. Take one bad habit at a time...you got rid of the worst ones already...time will come for this one too.
They could have spent that money on others thing, but really they save money in the long-run because they die earlier.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
I quit 3 years ago on the great american smoke out day, and have never been happier about my self, it was really hard to do but i used the patch and it does help, you still have cravings but not as intence, plus i was tired if looking sick to other people when i would cough about every 15 mins. once you have kicked the habit you will feel soooo much better about your self and have a new lease on life. I hope you will consider trying to stop again for yourself and the ones that love you. and it makes you stink, i didnt think that you could smeel it on me when i did smoke but after i quit you realize that you can smell it on everyone that smokes and it isnt attractive AT ALL.

frito

let me know if you need any help with it, i would love to help someone quit smoking.
never started, and hopefully never will, if i can stay smoke free for another 10 years, its quite unlikely that i will start (making me 28 in 10 years)
Some people are just naturally addictive, out of 6 children 2 of us were addicted, and the other 4, 1 never smokes, 1 smoke occasionally; a pack a week maybe(now not at all) and the other 2 smoke only when partying(maybe once a month. My sister and I were the only ones who started before 15 btw. And i'm not strong enough to stop smoking, my body just got weak enough.
my god antix...your just a kid...cut that shit out now!! it will just get harder and harder to quit. i started when i was 13 and then when i hit 19, man i found i couldn't stop. when i realized i was a actually addicted, i was really scared because i always felt i could quit before (i even stopped smoking during most of my senior year in high school).

i've cut down from 15-18 -> 3-6 this summer and i feel a bit better. after the summer semester is over...i'm going to take the 3 weeks vacation and try to entirely kick the habit.

btw, i've tried the nicotine gum and even the weekest gum (for people who smoke less than 2 packs a day...:lol:) seemed too strong for me. i've followed the directions and the gum usually made me nauscous.

gj jabba and frito on quitting:thumb:
the lonzenges helped me the most, but the real kicker was that I wanted to. And the fact that now that I feel better I don't start again.
i started when i was 14 and i`ve been smoking for 7 years.
i`ve tried quiting once, but that only lasted a week. I find it pretty damn hard to quit when everyone around you smokes. its annoying as hell when you try to quit but you can`t stop the craving cause your inhaling everyone elses smoke which urges you to want one. At that point you can`t control yourself and ask for one.

One point i have tries that damn nicotine gum crap......
all i have to say about that is that its a waist of money....
i used it a directed just like .asm did but it didn`t do me any good.

well, the one thing i am really ashamed for is that i have been hiding my smoking habit for over 2 years. no one around me knows that i smoke except some (that only think i smoke occasionaly) i can`t control myself and i hate lying to everyone especially my Gf. :(and i still manage to have a little less than a half a pack.

i always make up stupid excusses like:

- i have to go to the bathroom.

- my stomache hurts

- i`m drinking

- Oh need one now (after a good time in bed)

well, maybe my time will come where i will force myself to quit, as for all the non-smokers!!!
Good job for not doing it!!!
you triumphed in an area that i could not and i look up to you for it!!!
Maybe your girlfriend just doesnt want to say anything to you...it is impossible to hide the smell or the taste from a non smoker....the smell stays in your skin...smell the knuckles on your hand...if you are a smoker I can almost bet they smell like tobacco...even if you havent had a cigarrette today, or ask a non smoker to smell them for you...it is hard for a smoker to smell the nicotine because you have become accustom to it. sounds like you are not a real heavy smoker, I wish you luck scary when you make that decision...it is not an easy habit to break but when you are really ready it will make it easier.
I think the reason people put on weight when they stop smoking is not because of the oral fixation or even trying to replace the addiction to the nicotine.....but your tastebuds are not masked anymore and you can actually enjoy the taste of food more. Ask those that have quit if they didnt have a marked difference in the way they enjoy food and beverages now. The smell of a womans perfume....the smell of her fresly washed hair...etc etc.. cigarrettes take away your 'life' in more than one way
I dont remember who said it in this thread but I hope everyone quits before they become a morning hacker....when you have to start releasing the 'phlem' from your lungs every morning it gets old really fast and is a lot harder to quit....I will tell you that research shows when you quit your lungs do try to recoup and if you do it when you are young they have more of a chance.
We all have habits we arent proud of....It is cool that we can share with each other....I hear admitting you want to quit out loud is a good start towards quitting
btw frito volunteered to mentor anyone who wanted to quit...bet Jabba could give people some positive encouragment....I remember when he quit...so he is still well aware of the temptations and the things that make it difficult to quit...and if I remember correctly he was a smoker for quite some time
I am not really on a soap box....more in 'your corner' for those that want to quit. Hope the concern comes out over the 'lecture' part of my post.
Red 100s all the way:P
I voted "Ur dumb for smoking"..but honestly, It's the person's choice and i'm not gonna criticize.

If someone is just starting to get into smoking, well ya that's pretty dumb, knowing about all the shit in 'em. However, if one started smoking a while ago when they weren't seen as such a hazard, well i'm sure it can be damn hard to quit, so you got leway there.

It's chronic smokers that i feel are "dumb". I think it's ok to enjoy the occasional cigarette just as long as you don't do it so often as to get addicted.

Bottom line is:
It's your choice and your life, do whatever the hell you want.
man, scrye, i identify w/ you a lot....we are in that zone where heavy-smokers scoff at us (because we apparently don't smoke enough to identify w/ them) and non-smokers demonize us because we seem to smoke like chiminies. we know we have a problem and we know we are addicted and that's the truth.

i try to hide my smoking from a lot of people...especially my parents. i feel embaressed when a professor or girl that i'm interested in catches me in "the act". when i come home, i quickly run up to my bathroom to change shirts, wash my hands, lips and brush my teeth. it's been going on for so long, it's become the daily routine. i don't want to lie, but i really don't want to dissapoint the people that love me and trust me to make good decisions.
nooooo sumone must at least smoke menthol....

Kermit: I started when i was 10(and i meas i started buying cigarettes then) and im now almost 17..

Grits: I HAVE NO KNUCKLES TO SMELL!!! I HAVE NO HANDS!!!
antix: i prefer menthol...particularly salem lights, but i smoke regular because they are harder to chain smoke. smoking is probably harsh on 10yr-old lungs...wow.
Both parents been smokers since they were teens... in their 50's now... both have aged badly, terrible teeth, low energy, just generally not great shape. And it seems rather disgusting. I have absolutely no desire to smoke, and as I mentioned before, having asthma makes it a no-brainer. About people all around you smoking... to me, it seems the amount of smokers has gone down quite a bit, especially among younger people. I could be wrong... besides, I don't have one close friend that smokes... or would even consider it. I have chain-smoker acquaintences... I try to avoid them now.