Poll: Should we unban permanently banned Players who were banned for habitual reconnecting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes let them back if that was the only infraction.
47.06%
8 47.06%
Yes let them back even if they broke other rules except the racist/bigot one.
0%
0 0%
No if they break one rule they will break more.
11.76%
2 11.76%
Maybe let them back under a probationary period.
41.18%
7 41.18%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious poll
.asm has fixed the reconnecting bug and players who reconnect are now placed in the que....it is still against the rules to reconnect but it will no longer infringe on the game play. I am trying to make this 'general' but off hand I can think of only one player who was banned because of reconnecting seulement. Everyone else was banned in connection with other infractions.
The fix is currently on Vad's Ricochet but I hope that it will be on all of our servers by this weekend or next week.
I want input from all of you on this topic since it directly affects all players.
thanks
GRITS
probationary period..although this isn't for all. Depending on what the player was doing would judge how harsh he/she should be treated. Mainly though I would say give them a temp. ban and then let them back under a probationary period, if they mess up then they're gone for good. Just gotta keep a close eye on the player during his/her probation.
They broke a rule and exploited a bug... they were aware they were doing something wrong and were warned. Don't lift any bans. It's like releasing a guy from jail because he shot a cop in the chest before kevlar was invented.
agreed...but if anyone was banned w/o warning or explanation, then they should be given probation imho...in mew's case for example...he's history...because if it wasn't that particular exploit, it would be another.
And since everyone is usually given ample warning and explanation, there is no reason to put anyone on probation. Not sure if I completely understood your post asm, are you saying mew wasn't warned? The day he was actually permanently banned was practically without warning, because he reconned and then gave the admin crap when he was warned, and when he said a bit too much, was instantly banned. But when he had done it several times before, not stopping after complaints by non-admins, and eventually warnings by admins, and actions by admins, I'd consider that plenty of warning. In others words, he was doing it to piss people off, so I have full confidence he'd find something else to do to piss people off.
I vote "Yes let them back if that was the only infraction"
cause ok it's against the rules but its was a BUG,fixed now. so players who do this now can't prejudice the game.
I think reconnectors never be bother if the fix exist since the start .
When i adminorplay, i need tools just to avoid stupids. And this new release! is one of the best tools.
Thanks asm to make easy and reduce admin's interventions in the game:mellow:
your welcome enzymo ^_^

g-boy: i meant that mew deserved what he got.