Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My dragon texture
Ok here is a render on a 3D dragon with the texture I have been working on for a while now. Its been a pain in the butt because my computer has a hard time working with something this size.

The PSD file is currently 128 megs, the jpg that I make is nearly 3 megs and that is not saved at full quality. Reason for the size is because the file is 4000x4000 px. Or roughly 55 inches wide by 55 inches tall. With this size texture if someone wants to make a poster with this dragon you will not see any pixels showing up in the image.

Its still not finished and it may not look totally the same once its done, but I figured that I would show you one of the things I have been working on.

Rendered image is 390k and 2958x1806px in size. Its not very modem friendly thats why I'm just putting up a text link. I made this image big just so that you can see how detailed the image is. Also the image might be a little fuzzy because I saved it at an image quality of 8 out of 12 in Photoshop 7, I normally prefer using 10 or higher but then the size of the file would have been close to or over a meg in size for a simple jpg. heh

BlueGreen Dragon texture wip

Once done this texture is going to be sold for like 5 or 6 bucks, or I might make 2 or 3 more textures and make a texture pack and sell it for 8 to 10 bucks. I just want to sell them cheap so that not only can I make a few bucks off them, but so that more people can enjoy them.

PS: The mouth, teeth, claws and spines have not been done yet so don't tell me they look funny. :P Also there are parts of the dragon where the texture might like a little funny but that is because the 3D mesh of it streches the texture. You would have thought that they would have fixed that a while ago but they haven't.

Anyway enjoy the image.
nice work :)

do some skinning for hl...you can do it...come on already...hehe

Once I have a few dragon textures up for sale I will turn my eyes towards half-life characters, I don't know how good I will be at it, but I will give it a try.:D
The mouth, teeth, claws and spines look funny. but other than that GREAT JOB!

nah I'm kiddin' ..the mouth, teeth, claws and spines look fine to me..but then again, I'm clueless and skilless when it comes to makin' something like that dragon. so ya, way to go..the whole "texture pack" thing sounds like a agood idea, I am eager to see more of your work.
why not a lady dragon with a pretty face xith lipstick and blues eyes hum :blsh:
because this is just more or less a beta texture to get everything working right.... The one with lipstick will be later :D:thumb:
Ok here is a more complete render of the dragon with my texture. I will go and add some details to the horns, teeth and claws so they are not as pail as they look. The image is 281k in size.

Second more complete render

Now that this texture is almost finished I will start on making a texture for the other dragon. If you couldn't tell I like dragons. :D