Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet Enhancement
Below are two posts describing the changes to the Ricochet
source code I have working on to enhance the game a little.

One describes the code changes and the other talks about
using other models in the game and for those so inclined,
links to make their own model.

Once I know the changes are stable, I will work with
GRITS on getting the code compiled for her Linux server
and we will implement.

Programming Post

Model Post
WE NEED TEAM RICO!!!! thats all i have to say
yeah, i guess your right. i took a little break from making "team rico"...i'm making progress but not as fast as i like...i have a feeling once i get one thing working...it's going to start snowballing. anyways, i'll get back into it starting tommorow and won't let up until either it's done or i'm convinced i can't do it.

the fact that someone is showing interest is enuf to get me motivated to complete the project...that and waiting for 15min waiting to play one stinkin' game because of a mass group of connectors....^_^
If you want to release your changes in steps, feel free. Also, if
you want me to compile and test anything, let me know. When I make
changes to the SDK, I comment the section with my name and date
and what I'm trying to do....makes it easier to find.
well if there is ne thing i can do to help it along i would for sure do it... like research and such i know shit all about programming so yeah i could alos help with compileing i have a sweet machine here so yeah

wow that was the least compleat thought i have ever had... deal with it:P
WOHHHH i just had an idea... myself and the CAKE clan play this game called AFK ball its quite fun. what you do is you have knock around someone that is afk with your push disks and try to make other people noob jump into them. well i was wondering if you could make a block that has the save weight and size as a player and then people could play afk ball without having to have someone afk. this arises another small problem of what you do when the block falls....

well im not the programmer dont look at me
Smartass,

Do you have a C++ compiler on a linux box?

Regarding the afk ball, I might be able to add a
model with stripper2 that you guys couuld push around.
I will think about it and let you know.
Heh, AFKBALL would be fun if there was an actual 'ball' (ie. I didn't have to use my other computer). If it does get turned into a gameplay mode, it needs scoring. Nothing different from normal push disc scoring, which has a timer to see if a player falls within a certain period after getting hit. Refurbish that, add bonus points for teleportation (should a dm map ever get some [oh god, the camping]) and having the afkball frozen....

Can even deduct points if the afkball fall without hitting somebody else.

It's a fun sub-game, even without the coding. You don't know what hard is until you try to sink an opponent in the corner pocket with a player.

You really have to try something spectacular to not be bored with it though (more so than the normal game), but where's the fun in getting some lame normal kill anyway?
evil_admin,May 28 2003, 12:31 AM Wrote:Smartass,

Do you have a C++ compiler on a linux box?

Regarding the afk ball, I might be able to add a
model with stripper2 that you guys couuld push around.
I will think about it and let you know.
no, im running a pc but i imagine that i can get a complier from somwhere im rather resourcefull you know. tell me what i need and i can get it about 90% of the time. also as wha? said it would be cool if it was a ball that was floating at disk level and if we dident have to usee another computer to run it. if i knew programming i would so have already done this but i guess i have to mooch now dont i
I can get access to a C++ compiler on a Linux box if you need one.
yeah, seeing as rush is in college...he probably has ample resources in the unixnux department. i could probably give it a swing too some late saturday night at the computer labs on campus (24/7 comp. labs rule!).

btw, habby b-day smartass !
hey thanks .asm. yeah my offer is still open im sure i can figure somthing out.
Isn't the pow_curve model a soccer ball? I know nothing of modeling, but thought I'd point that out.