Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RFA 120 ping hike...
Lately I've been playing on the RFA server, because I was getting around 30 ping there, I'm guessing the server is in LA. Well, today I went in and I had about 180 ping... confused, I left and checked to see if my internet was slow or anything, and it wasn't. I was downloading at normal speed, and I played in a CS server in LA, with about 25 ping. Also, my ping in the holdout's servers was about the same as usual. I returned later, and thankfully it's not 180, but it's hovering around 150-160. Now what the hell is going on? It doesn't necessarily look like the server, because I saw people from LA in there with low pings. And yes, it does seem to have some effect, albeit not much. Just a slight lag in getting killed, like if you were to use dialup. It really is quite annoying, because honestly, it seems like the holdout's servers are mostly empty lately.
I was playing there last night and my ping was 15-30, maybe there's some network issues today.
yeah...no shit...my ping skyrocketed from a lovely 45 to a miserable 225...wtf?

i can't play there until it's fixed.
As I was saying to lil face when we were talking about the same thing... I think the lag is due to both sides. If it was my side, then every other server I go on to would also have higher ping, but every other server is perfect. In other words, my internet connection is as good as ever, just not on that particular server. So somehow, overnight, my computer and the RFA server became incompatible or something.