Poll: Do you want to see the male model as the default.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes get rid of the B....ummmm....Broad
12.12%
4 12.12%
Make the male the default but leave female as a choice
48.48%
16 48.48%
Put her in hibernation until someone fixes her
21.21%
7 21.21%
Pay someone big bucks to get some new skins
0%
0 0%
Leave her as default I like her and people can always change the model
18.18%
6 18.18%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female model
Ok I am hearing a lot of mumbling about the woman with the cool shoes and bad tattoo...
here is your chance to voice your opinion
you know I consider this "our" server so even tho I wrote the poll in fun I will take the results seriously...
speak now or forever......yada yada yada
i chose the third choice...but i was being diplomatic...the first is fine w/ me...

:angry:<--see what steam did to me!?
I say just go back to the old way...progress is bad!!!
People can change her but the newbs won't know how... and I really hate playing against that model... just bad animation and I find it harder to hit sometimes.
seriously, choice 3 is the best because if there is no time or will to 'fix' her...then it could turn into choice one...so it's the best.

edit: i just downloaded milkShape 3D...i have a little 3d modeling and animation experience w/ 3d max and this is seems simpler than that...so i'm going to get some tutorials and work on it. i wish there was a way that i can import the female model and retain her 'skeleton' cause that would simpilfy things tremedously.
oops, looks like milkShape has that feature...i expect some complications, but it's good to have something to work w/ :B):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

asm to the rescue:wub:
option 2..newbs won't change it so they'll stay male in favor of everyone who hates the female model...but otehrs who like to use the female model can still use it as well. But still work on it...it doesn't need to go into hibernation for that to happen.
choice 5 : i love the change and its so funny to follow and admire her big? cheeks
mmmmmm chicks.....LEAVE EM. I love their nice shiny booties.:wub:
this Female model make g-boy not to play there caus he can't play with this model and RFA server is pretty laggy so plz just change it to normal.... alot dont like the female and if g-boy quiting ricochet welll i dont know who left active at rip.... and i need his help. so plz (he will not play with this female model 0n)
see g-boy, you are upsetting shalk...:mellow:

seriously, maybe g-boy is just tired of ricochet...he put in his time and now may be a good time for him to move on.
.asm i talked to him........ im not just saying. i know what im asking and saying
OK, for all you players who hate the female model
and won't play on GRITS' servers until it gets fixed,
here is a temporary solution until the poll results
come in and GRITS removes the dll:

Go into your C:\Sierra\Half-Life\Ricochet\models\player\female directory

Change the file name of female.mdl to female.mdl.female

Next, go into your C:\Sierra\Half-Life\Ricochet\models\player\male directory

Perform a copy and paste on the male.mdl file

Change the file name of 'Copy of male.mdl' to female.mdl

Move the new female.mdl to the ...\player\female directory

Restart Ricochet and anyone using a female model will display on your game as male.
I can't imagine g-boy would quit Ricochet over some model. If that were the case, he would be the prime candidate for a "crybaby of the year" award. Gonna have to go with .asm on this one.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Thanks evil... I didn't even think of that.

Man, I never said I was quitting ricochet, I just said for the time being I probably won't be playing much or at all. And yes, the female model was definitely a factor, considering the only playable server had models I find unplayable... they looked weird and had a distracting animation, looked very choppy like a lagger would, and had a hard time hitting. I don't like playing against that. But see, it was also over-simplified, I'm not exactly tired of ricochet, I'm tired of all the newbs and retards. I'm feeling what chica bonita does, there is no competition, and waltzing into a server and beating up on newbs with a buggy model was not my idea of fun. Now the model can be changed, perhaps I'll show up... but really only if I see more than 2 decent players in the server. Yeah, so good players... don't use aliases.
worked like a charm evil, good work.
I think its goofy to complain about the female models....wuts a 3 second typing entry to anyone if you want to change it.
I personally don't like starting out on the red pad when my match starts. I think I might uninstall Half-Life.
When you type in model male to fix it, you arent doin anything about THEIR model. your fixing YOURS, which doesnt mean shit cause you cant see yourself playing anyway. This means its all up to how much someone you dont even know gives a shit, and personally, I couldnt be bothered. And if i couldnt be bothered why would anyone else be bothered to be bothered¿::smurf::
*-=][_=-*
On the next dll release the male model will be the default. for those of you interested, I am working on the female model to have the same movements as the male model. I am also looking into making the hit boxes the same for both but want to find out for sure how the server knows what the hitboxes are.

By the way, the next release will be this evening or tomorrow. USE key fix within the dll instead of a plugin will be implemented.