Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hlds 4.1.1.1d is released
it looks like it's nothing great...mostly related to hltv. i thought they were going to fix the ability for a client to crash the server w/ spam (overflow), but i don't know if they did or not.

anyways, expect the same ol' ricochet experience...at least from a client's pov. i want to see the optimizations on engine performance however...but it's probably not that vast of an improvement.

This is the Half-Life dedicated server 4.1.1.1d beta update, incorporating serveral fixes for Half-Life, HLTV, DMC and Counter-Strike. (.asm: notice how they left out ricochet <_<.)

Changes/Additions
Added bot count to "details" server query reply.
Flipped anti-DoS logic to check per user and then global rate limits. Changed it so users exceeding personal rates don't add into the global rate calculations.
Performed optimizations on engine to improve performance.
Linux: Added "-pidfile " argument to hlds to get it to write the pid of the dedicated server process to the file specified.
Linux: Improved "-debug" command to look for core. files.
Linux: hlds echoes to the controlling tty rather than stdout (solves redirecting output no longer showing key presses).
HLTV: Changed "status" output, more info displayed.
HLTV: Added cvar "maxloss", default 0.05, if packet loss exceeds this threshold, new spectators are rejected.
HLTV: Zero delay possible for direct broadcasts without game buffering ("delay 0").

Bug Fixes
Fixed format string crash bug in logging.
Fixed infinite loop due to malformed infostring.
HLTV: Fixed system timer problem.
HLTV: Fixed missing end in HLTV demos.
HLTV: Fixed missing director commands with "playdemo" in HLTV console.
HLTV: Fixed MAX_OSPATH.
4.1.1.1d beta was released primarily due to a security hole which allowed script kiddies to do a DoS attack on HL servers without even being in the game. The person who detected the security hole notified Valve sometime ago but when they didn't fix it immediately, he posted how to cause a DoS attack and provided an .exe file to do it. Over the last few days over a 1000 (mostly CS) servers have been brought down using these .exe files so Valve released the security fix in the latest beta.