Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
down w/ monster_bunker!
but if you guys like it, then why not? not my decision.

anyways, if it was, i would give this map "tig_crick" a try. i like tigger_on maps, because they are smaller and are quality. tigger_on maps mostly for quakeIII now, but the maps he did for hl are really good and he's still well respected in the hl mapper community. i think tig_crick, tig_bunk and tig_qui would all be good choices for vads because the number of players that usually frequent the server are 6 or less at one time.

here's a screenshot of tig_crick:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

monster_bunker is fun playing by yourself for the first time. then it gets old, and you let deathbybrew kill you 30 times without retalliation because you just want the map to change.
besides, it often crashes the server.
but as far as maps go for playing by yourself, there are no better maps than the ones by Peter Manson. eden, merlin, and shaolin are amazing. so much to do; very, very large; everything is custom, also, from doors, to elevators, and transporters. there's one in merlin that's really cool: you sit on a platform with a giant wall with pictures of places in the map in front of you. there are four choices, and whichever you shoot, will be the place you will teleport to. very cool. d/l it.
d/l them all. ;)
Peter Manson

here is the link to Peter Manson's site. you can download all the maps there, as well as look at all the blueprints there. he also has links to all the sites (like planethalf-life, and snark pit) that give him oodles of praise.

many many oodles. :D
here's a screenshot of what i was talking about:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

his maps are amazing. monster bunker only annoys me when there are too many AI's for the server to handle. my new one is almost done. so far it runs well. lots of glass. lots of water.
you play manson's maps by yourself? are you supposed to?
no, we just have no lives
all of his maps are introduced as deathmatch maps, and i believe there is one 1 vs. 1 map (cube-x, i think?). it's just that the maps are so huge and there are so many secrets, and so much to do in them without having other people in the server.
Ok I will leave in on so admins can call it up or it can be voted on but take it off of the map cycle. ok?
any suggestions as to what to replace it with?
GRITS,Aug 8 2003, 11:23 AM Wrote:Ok I will leave in on so admins can call it up or it can be voted on but take it off of the map cycle. ok?
any suggestions as to what to replace it with?
i suggest anything by peter manson, save fling or odyssey. yes, they are big (huge, rather), but soooo worth it.