Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas I've had for "upgrades"
Ok scoring options.

Maybe add in a switch into a config file or something for different ways to score.

option 0 score stuff the way it is now.

option 1 Add the ricochet points for the decap disc maybe make the decapper disc 2 points anyway just because you only have one of them so you should get an extra point anyway.

option 2 Add up the number of times you hit someone in a game but don't kill them, at the end of the round they are added onto your score. How many times have you hit someone 3 or 4 times not killing them, wouldn't you like the points for that?

option 3 A combo of all the above

Any one have any other suggestions for scoring?

Now for deathmatch. Something I consider a bug that I would like to see fixed is the ability to basically just run around for a long time with all the powerups. You know get all 4 power ups and use them, and pick up a new now and then while you still have the 4 and it just renews them so you can keep using them.

What about having some sort of timer that resets your discs back to normal ones every minute. So that you can't hold onto all the powerups for the whole game.

Idea for a new powerup "deathblossom" Its like from the movie The Last Starfighter. You turn around in one spot really fast firing out for a few seconds till all your discs are gone. We could put in say 20 discs and its a one use item either push discs or decap and in say 2 or 3 seconds it fires out all the discs.
I would like to see losses added to arena and deaths added to DM. On the powerup side of things on DM I wouldn't add a timer to powerups since you don't live long on DM anyway (on DM1 and 2). I would make it so that you lose all powerups when you die. I don't know of any game that has DM but this one where you come back in full force after you die.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Power and Glory,Aug 18 2003, 03:38 AM Wrote:I would like to see losses added to arena and deaths added to DM. On the powerup side of things on DM I wouldn't add a timer to powerups since you don't live long on DM anyway (on DM1 and 2). I would make it so that you lose all powerups when you die. I don't know of any game that has DM but this one where you come back in full force after you die.
You'd be surprised how long you can survive on DM with all the power ups ;-)
With a small number of people you may survive long. If you have 10 or more it's not that easy.
Let me add that it is pretty easy to get all 4 powerups on DM2 due to how big the map is and is easier to dodge shots. There are also 2 powerups on DM2. On DM1 with a good number of people playing it is hard to get since there is only 1 powerup and people jumping back and forth over it.
Even on DM one I still manage to go a while without being killed... but then that's because I can usually handle myself up top or down on the platform. In fact, it don't seem to matter to me, because I always get called a camper, no matter how many times I'm actually moving:)
I don't want to go anymore OT from what Gwar was posting this for as I don't want to ruin it. I still think you should lose powerups though when you die it just makes sense.
I agree loose them when you die, and maybe have a timer too
No, timer isn't a good idea unless it's a reasonable length of timer. One minute isn't actually that long when playing the game (though it sure is when you watch the seconds in real life).
I like the scoring options - option 1 seems like a good idea
Might cut down on the push disc junkies out there, not naming anyone *cough* netniv *cough*
It's not my fault that I am good with them, and know how to ricochet (which is the name of the game):P
There already is a "deathblossom", I nicknamed it the "wall of death". All you need is Triple+Fast and a tiny bit of practice. I've managed on several occasions to spread the 9 discs over a full 360 degrees (at 120 degree intervals). Since fast shot properties are inherited, all the powerups disappear after firing.

Something else that would help keep people from hoarding powerups is starting independant counters of shots for each one, rather than having shotsLeft be redefined at each pickup. Pick up Miss Shot (Freeze), try to bleed it off, but end up picking up another powerup. Annoying. Especially when there are enough bodies flying around to make that freeze shot change it's mind more than a gap chick choosing that day's thong. I've had 9-12 consecutive Miss Shots, each with slightly over a hundred percent failure rate. The scenario should be:
Pick up Miss Shot (Freeze), try to bleed it off, but end up picking up another powerup. Shoot once, and Miss Shot drops from the list. Some shots would modify that number (Fast), so spam is still possible (the whole point of Fast).
I rarely miss with Ice...:)
With how many flying people in front of it?
Wha?,Aug 25 2003, 12:10 AM Wrote:With how many flying people in front of it?
You've seen me use it on DM1/DM2 very effectively:)