Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ive gone solo again :>
yep today im gonna leave uT..nothing personal, just i just want to go solo for awhile..next month might\prob be my retirement from ricochet period..my ohter retirement i had was just a few days...but who knows we will see in the future...uT is the best clan had alot of fun gg guys c-ya around
Yes the ride/journey has been great...but well, we all know it's not gonna last forever. I say we make sure we stockpile contacts with people we want to keep in touch with incase they just disappear and we never hear from them again. I loved ricochet and I hate to say it, but it looks like it's on its last leg, unless HL2 brings a new light to it, it's just gonna be on the backburner of everything and with so many other new things coming out, I seriously doubt it will get the attention that it needs, nay deserves.

I'm sticking it out til the end, but as you can all tell I've been quite busy lately and have very few chances to stop by. When I do, however, it is quite enjoyable and I thank all of you for allowing me to have my occasional monthly release. I'm not sure what's gonna happen, but as long as I'm around, the uT tag will still be on and the clan will still be around...
Why are people saying its on its last legs when someone leaves a clan or stops playing. THE GAME IS NOT DYING!!!!

There are more people playing each and every day.

I'm just getting sick of people saying the game is dying when its not. Besides I know lots of games that are still played even years after newer versions of it come out. Mech Warrior 2 is one of them. There have been 2 new versions of the game. Mech 2 came out about 10 years ago and there are still people that play it.

Quake 2 is still played. I was thinking of reinstalling it because there is a server that is still very active thats local to me. Its been around for longer then Half-Life.

Half-Life and many of its mods will still be played for years to come, even when Half-Life 3 or 4 is being played.
Quote:There are more people playing each and every day.

99.9% leave after 10 minutes of play. I miss the days of KAH and NOH, that's when the mod was really alive, too many vets quitting these days, or just losing interest, I mean cmon, it's either arena or deathmatch, all other maps simply suck or don't get enough attention, gotta get bored some day.
well i'm not gonna be leaveing for a long time, too many great people here, and theres too much room for the gameplay to expand, i say bring on hl2, its just a test that rico has to over come.
Bane...you know me...I'm not one to count a game out, but man the signs are showing it to be headed that way. Yes we have new people come, but they disappear and our old regulars are now virtually extinct...
virtually extinct? there are still quite a few regulars who play, just because a few people have quit in the past little while, doesn't mean our regular population has been suddenly decimated (we lost like 5 - 10 players)
once hl2 comes out nobody will be playing hl or its mods :\
Don't bet the house on that.
CloudFuel,Aug 25 2003, 03:13 AM Wrote:Bane...you know me...I'm not one to count a game out, but man the signs are showing it to be headed that way. Yes we have new people come, but they disappear and our old regulars are now virtually extinct...
I am certainly not extinct...
anyone wanna play ricochet?

frito
virtually = pretty much everything, but not necessarily everything.

You'll also notice that alot of people haven't necessarily quit (like me) but very rarely play. I'm not trying to be all grim about it, but our numbers are decreasing and with HL2 coming I seriously doubt the game will even work...
You will have to run me out of town...(or money) for Ricochet mod to out and out die.....if Holdouts quit I would find another avenue for at least one server and our website....so those dedicated and loyal enough to stick around will always have a place to go and wait on the apathetic sons/daughters to return.....for we know they will and there will be a place for them if it is up to me.:wub:

someone needs to give me a list of known clans so we can have an archive/history section....and we can start another thread on history of servers....so years from now we can look back and say ...remember when.....or remember who......
hehe youw ould have to dedicate a whole page to me for all the things ive done ehhe:lol:
well, it looks like i won't be getting/building a new computer powerful enough to play hl2 in all it's glory until at least january. therefore, i'm sticking around a while longer. i don't think i'm alone. those who have good, but relatively old, computers who refuse to spend substantial money and upgrade because of one computer game will stick around...possibly for quite a while. there's people still playing quakeII on their P233MMX systems...so why not? i mean hl2, if anything like the first, will be in the stores for a very long time. i, myself, just got into hl just last fall.

i thought about it and realized the only reason i want a new computer is because of hl2. i always told myself that i'm not going to invest in a new computer solely because of gaming...it's the principle of the thing...plus i have much more important things to attend to. i may just wait until this machine has completely become inoperable...this computer is over 4 years old and it doesn't look like it's slowing down any time yet. only when valuable new software packages don't run on the windows98 platform, will i strongly consider upgrading my system before then.

just yesterday, i turned in my riva tnt 16mb for a geforce2 64mb and am now getting double the framerate at vads...(~40-50fps compared to ~20-24fps).
I wonder if they said that about tennis back in 1400
all i know is that im too cheap to buy hl2, at least not for a little while, and i don't seem to be branching off into any other games, and i'm still hooked on rico.

i don't mean to sound like a broken record, but we've lost like 5 - 10 people, doesn't mean anything.
and there have been that many rejoin
I'll still play ricochet when HL2 comes out cause i have 56k and theres no way online play for HL2 will support that. See ya ss:thumb::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
ok whats up with eveyrbody saying "my pc cant handle hl2" ok #1 it has better networking\coding whatever then hl..#2 they even said it will support 56k plus it will support older pc's...i myself have a p3 700mhz on 56k..and ill be able to play it online\single player..instead of making decisions now wait till hl2 comes out...crap ill buy the game and let you 56k player guys know how it turns on on mine hehe:D
Maybe they are, but they are also after a better graphics card than what I have... and I can't be arsed to fork over £150 just to buy a graphics card when the one I have works.
I know that most every night OS server is FULL of people named Player which
shows that new people are coming to play all the time. It is common behavior
for someone to badmouth something after they quit it...even jobs and places of
employment. Isn't that almost what they call 'sour grapes'?
sour grape apes.
PIX,Aug 27 2003, 02:17 PM Wrote:I know that most every night OS server is FULL of people named Player which
shows that new people are coming to play all the time. It is common behavior
for someone to badmouth something after they quit it...even jobs and places of
employment. Isn't that almost what they call 'sour grapes'?
which is kinda funny, coz me and rulepool were on the other day, and someone kept trying to use the admin vote map function to change it to a deathmatch... but the only two people voting where me and rule for some reason.... and we said No. (it was arena, so let it run it's course). Because of that, he started to just walk off constantly. I put up a vote kick for him, me and rule both voted yes, he voted no, but he played nice after that:)