Poll: Which tattoo should i get?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
18.18%
4 18.18%
B
40.91%
9 40.91%
C
40.91%
9 40.91%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna get a tattoo
planning on getting one of these three armband tattoos.
which one do you think i should get?
and reply why if you would like.
i`d like to know which one would look the best
i`m probably not going to get color though, all the color in the tattoos are probably going to be grey. but C would be an exception.
( A )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

( B )

( C )

are these designs original? anyways, of the three, go for B...it looks the most rad in my opinion. that would be cool if you got your avatar tatooed on your forearm. if you got my avatar tatooed on your arm, i would really respect ya...^_^
my avatar was supposed to be my first tattoo
but i changed my mind and desided to get an armband
but it might come later on:)
i like C, neat tan color that you don't see too often, but what would that color look like after awhile?
BTW i heard you have to fill red in quite often to keep the color, not sure how reliable the source is.
I was thinking about getting this tattoo, or something similar... it's original, drawn by my gf:)

[Image: web_tattoo.jpg]

And she's blackmailing me into calling her tomorrow so that she'll work on it some more;)
I think it depends on the size of your arms....B is too small I think for a big guy and C is overwhelming for a small arm... unless the artist can adjust accordingly and I mean the individual points and lines not the size of the picture :P
I like the design of C a lot and A
Quote:unless the artist can adjust accordingly and I mean the individual points and lines not the size of the picture

They can indeed..well I know most of 'em around where I live do... hell, you could show them a picture of a snake and tell them you want it to have arms legs and wings (dragon) and they could probably do it... I'm not sure if it costs extra to have them draw something new though.
As a tattoo addict...get one that will look decent when you are 50 years old. Color tats fade tremendously
over time and require rework. They will look damn good for about 12 months then will look like blah. I would
get the black tribal one that you listed as A. My first tattoo was a colorful dragon on my upper bicep but it is
fading over time. My other 2 are solid black tribals and they still look good. Also with a solid black tribal, you
can get work added to it very easily such as enlargement. Take my advice. It might look good on paper but
get something that will last and look good later. I'm trying now to schedule an appt. to get my 4th tribal wrap
around my wrist. Tattoos are fun and the pain is worth it. Enjoy it. Make sure you eat before you go and get
alot of sugar in your body (as in big soda). THis will help with the relaxation of the procedure. Also, make sure
you follow their directions when it's over for caring for it. Keep it lotioned up and out of the sun for awhile. Don't
be tempted to pick at the scabs that form in about 2-3 days. You will pull the ink out of the art and have to have
it touched up.

Good luck.
well, i know that red fades the fastest but do all colours fade fast?
is there a colour you would recommend that lasts the longest without fading?

by the looks of it, i am probably going to pick either B or C but i`m probably not going to use those colous, i would probably use the colour that lasts that longest without fading.

RED IS A NO NO!!! :D
If you were to know me in real life, I'm about the last person you'd expect to get a tattoo... but I am considering getting one or two... first off I am considering getting the yin yang, and second would be something to do with my family name... my brother got one of our scottish clan crest, I may do something similar. Problem is I don't really know where to put either of them

As a sidenote, my brother has many many tats and piercings... I am relatively cool with tattoos if they aren't excessive, and by excessive I mean more than one showing while you wear normal clothing... anything showing on your forearms, neck, head, that kind of thing. I only say that because if you don't get a secure job or something, tats can potentially be a problem. Same with piercings... difference with piercings is that I object to all of them, mostly because I simply don't get it. Tats are cool if they're expressive... like I said, getting the yin yang, I believe in what it stands for. But what the hell is expressive about putting a hole through the septum of your nose and wearing a ring? Does it mean you want to be a bull? I think every single piercing looks absolutely retarded, is pointless, and you need your head checked if you get like a dozen of them. Damn... I really went off topic... enjoy the tat!
A looks to gangsterish, go B or C.
get some sick freak tattoos like the guy in memento. thatsa good movie if you havent seen it btw
*-=][_=-*
Quote:get some sick freak tattoos like the guy in memento
haha... the ultamite post-its...

Quote:But what the hell is expressive about putting a hole through the septum of your nose and wearing a ring? Does it mean you want to be a bull? I think every single piercing looks absolutely retarded

Ya man..braclets, necklaces and rings are retarded....

they don't have to be expressive it's just jewellery and some people like them. Now I'm not saying I'm gonna go out and pierce my genitals or something, that would just suck but I don't see anything wrong with an ear or an eyebrow...
Do you think that females with their ears pierced look retarded?
Some of them, yes, actually. Pierced earlobes are nothing... it's been around for a while, and I don't even notice them. In other words, I don't care either way if girls get their earlobes pierced... but I'm not talking about pierced ears, I'm talking about PIERCINGS, and you know what I mean.
You are right about the hiding thing. I had one on my forearm when i interviewed for one job. Of course I had on a starched button down and after I got the job I learned who was cool and who wasn't. I gradually worked the tattoo into the picture by rolling up my sleeves and letting people gradually see it. Once they knew my caliber of work, I started in on the short sleeve shirts until it wasn't an issue. Percings are a different matter. Unless you want to work at a music store the rest of your life, you have to keep those hidden or gone. Good paying jobs will not stand for holes in your face other than your piehole and breathers. Red colors definately seem to fade bad as well as lighter colors like yellow and white. Greens keep pretty well and I'm not so sure about browns. Tribals are definately made for the linear parts of the body such as around arms, wrists, legs and ankles. They can be expanded to cover backs and chests too.

Check out this link for tribal art galore. I've seen some pretty good ideas there.
www.tribals.com
i'd like to get something canadian tatooted, or possibly one celebrating Americas double hockey silvers in salt lake city.
Wut about getting Terrance and Phillip tattooed on your arm?
well, i have decided that i`m going with C
i already have an appointment made for tomorrow at 6:30 pm
oh, and i didn`t keep the same colours,
i went with black and blue.

the tatto guy said that the blues and purples seem to last the longest.

wish me luck, and hope i don`t cry like a baby :lol:
are you old enough to get drunk??? sorry I am not much into...over-indulging....but that is the only way you would get me to lie still for a tattoo...that or a sledge hammer.......good luck and don't forget to take a picture and post it...PIX did his while it was still red from the needles if you remember.....ewwww
good luck :thumb:
PIX,Aug 28 2003, 02:11 PM Wrote:Wut about getting Terrance and Phillip tattooed on your arm?
You read my mind... I thought that two after reading his post
Quote:i'd like to get something canadian tatooted

how about portraits of the members of the 'barenaked ladies' on your ass? btw, can you keep their music on your side of the border?:huh:
yeah, but you have to smuggle them across it, they're practically a canadian sin, its like killing beavers for sport :angry:
I wanna see a picture???? Did it hurt bad?
yeah i wouldn`t say it hurt that much but it did hurt a little because it was under the arm. i didn`t get a picture yet but i`m working on it. I think it looks pretty damn good.

the guy started in the worst spot so he could get it done and over with.
but 10 mins into the tattoing i felt a little little headed so i took a 5 min break. but he said it happens to 1 in 3 people. but after that i had no problems.

the tattoing took 2 hours to do but i think it passes really quickly, cause it didn`t feel like 2 hours to me. The guy had 2 different needles that he used, one was small for the outlining and the other was for the colouring. the smaller one hurt more than the bigger one. but half way through his colouring needle broke so he had to use the smaller one. but it wasn`t all that bad.

so, after i get a pic i`ll post it for ya. :D
FreeFall,Aug 26 2003, 03:49 PM Wrote:
Quote:But what the hell is expressive about putting a hole through the septum of your nose and wearing a ring? Does it mean you want to be a bull? I think every single piercing looks absolutely retarded

Ya man..braclets, necklaces and rings are retarded....

they don't have to be expressive it's just jewellery and some people like them. Now I'm not saying I'm gonna go out and pierce my genitals or something, that would just suck but I don't see anything wrong with an ear or an eyebrow...
Do you think that females with their ears pierced look retarded?
Change of heart, all my piercings have been removed.