Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HalfLife 2 Strikes Again!
The E3 preview of halflife 2 has been released! Legally! There are a whole bunch of places to get it, but unfortunately, most of them are fileplanet. If you head to The HL2 section of Planet Halflife they can link you to a fileplanet link of both the teaser (smaller movie) and the massive full presentation: a 687 meg rar file. I'm sorry guys, but that is basically a broadband only thing, but it is so worth it. I swear, every picture that has been released is beta compared to what it actually looks like in action! Also, here is an ftp link to the big one, it seems pretty fast, i did the whole thing at 450 k/s on cable, but ftp's are never guarentees. Im so hyper but now i have to beef up my system! more lost money:(
* Gwarsbane points Sage to ---->This thread<----

Also it s 587.4 MB compressed, just over 600 megs uncompressed.

GREAT video thou, well worth the download.
what do I use to view it, cus im not downloading that if i cant view it lol
The video from FilePlanet was a Quicktime file.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Just download it over night. Or over month of you're on 56k
sage cries in shame for not paying attention. although, i would have posted anyway out of spite/joy.
crap i downloaded the other one "rar" file and i cant watch it, cus it dosent see it as a valid movie file :angry:
a .rar file is like a .zip file...you need WinRAR or some utility that can "unzip" .rar files.
I use a cracked version of Getright to download stuff from sites, it has a very nice download segmenting feature that can increase the speed of your download to 1mb/s (at least that's what I get), I would use download accelerator but it has a very bad and nasty issue with WinXP that can ruin your system.
i have to admit...i was blown away...just blown away by this preview!..there are no words that can come close to describing what this game will be like...beautiful, just amazing...oh man...this is going to be the slowest next 3 months in history!!..:D

my favorite part is when one of the guys watching the preview says "so this (hl2) will run on my 486...right?"...hahaha
Ya I nearly cracked a rib laughing at all the smart ass remarks in the video. heheh

So far what what I have seen, I will be buying HL2 the first day its out up here.
_Acid_Head_,Jun 1 2003, 06:11 AM Wrote:I use a cracked version of Getright to download stuff from sites, it has a very nice download segmenting feature that can increase the speed of your download to 1mb/s (at least that's what I get), I would use download accelerator but it has a very bad and nasty issue with WinXP that can ruin your system.
These programs lie. Download an activity monitor and see your true download speed. I use Netstat live from www.analogx.com