Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Perfect Circle
Oh..My...God...

It was one hell of a concert! The opening band was Pygmy Love Circus, for those who don't know it is Danny Carey's band (Danny Carey is the drummer for Tool.. Maynard is the singer). They were pretty good I hadn't really heard much of there music until tonight and well they put on a pretty good opening act. Now the main attraction...

The lights went black and the crowd cheered. Moments later the stage lit up and there was Billy(guitar) and Jeordie(bass) in the front, Josh(drums) and James(guitar) in the back and in the centre a large stand with walls of fabric and a giant white circle on it. As the music played and the vocals began lights shined through the fabric on the stand and Maynard's silhouette became visible through the white circle. By the second song the fabric dropped and the entire audience was standing. Maynard stayed on that stand for the rest of the time and shortly after the second song James sang a simple little song about Vancouver, the bands way to try and make the crowd sit. They put on an amazing performance, playing lots of their new songs off of "The Thirteenth Step", their newest album coming out Septemeber 16th. The band is excellent live and if you ever get the chance, I would definately recommend going to see them... of course this is only if you like their form of the rock genre.

Afterwards Danny Carey was found signing autographs. We went to get our ticket stubs signed when the man at the stand said he could only sign purchased items. I bothered not to but my friend decided if he couldn't get an autograph he would get a handshake, so he said hi to Danny and we all left.

All in all I had a really good time. APC rocks and now I ge tto look forawrd to Radiohead:D
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISS ON YOU..you get to go see RadioHead and i dont booooooooo :o
Danny Carey is my *favorite* drummer, gotta listen to his music, and Radiohead = $$$

I wanna go see them in concert, heard lots of cool stuff.
their show seemed too expensive for me and im not a big fan of their stuff, glad u enjoyed it though.
I have to agree with acid on this one Danny Carey is most awesome drummer
good taste acid:thumb:
i am a little disappointed in APC (not that i'd pass up tickets, or anything); they passed up Nine Inch Nails bassist Danny Lohner for Jeordie White (aka, Twiggy Ramirez), former bassist for Marylin Manson live. not that Twiggy's a bad performer, but i think Lohner is a better artist.
either way, if you like this kind of music, check out the recent British flik, Underworld, as the soundtrack will likely be amazing. here's the tracklisting, for those interested:
01 - The Damning Well - "Awakening"
02 - Puscifer - "REV 22:20" (Feat. Danny Lohner)
03 - Page Hamilton- "Throwing Punches"
04 - Milla - "Rocket Collecting"
05 - Renholder - "Now I Know"
06 - David Bowie - "Bring Me The Disco King" (Lohner Mix) (Feat. Maynard James Keenan, John Frusciante)
07 - Skinny Puppy - "Optimissed"
08 - Renholder - "Down In The Lab"
09 - A Perfect Circle- "Judith" (Renholder Mix)
10 - Dillinger Escape Plan - "Baby's First Coffin"
11 - Johnette Napolitano - "Suicide Note"
12 - TRUSTcompany - "Hover" (Quiet Mix)
13 - Renholder - "Falling Through The Sky"
14 - A Perfect Circle- "Weak and Powerless" (Tilling My Grave Mix)
15 - Finch - "Worms Of The Earth"
16 - Lisa Germano - "From A Shell"
17 - Renholder - "Death Dealer Descent"
18 - The Icarus Line - "On The Lash"
19 - Sarah Bettens - "All Of This Past"

edit: also notice Red Hot Chile Pepper John Frusciante's involvment in the project.
they released a halflife mod to coincide with the movie. its already out, kind of a cool media ploy.
I'm with ya there..Danny Lohner kicks ass..and yes Danny Carey is the best drummer in the world...his drum kit is huge..I suppose that suits him though, he's a big guy..

I'm gonna take a look at Underworld. Anything with that good of a soundtrack MUST be a good movie.
<offTopic>
The trailer was awesome, it isn't playing for a while, so TV ads should appear soon.

Underworld looks like a gothic anime concept to me. Kinda resembles Blade 2 at a glance (okay, "freakishly similar" is a little more accurate), but the probablility there is under 30%. To summarize it: Hot chick in black with guns shooting supernatural stuff (vamps and werewolves) with no shortage of cyan filters on the cameras.

About the only thing I didn't like in the trailer was they had to tell people what a "lycan" was, since most people don't instantly pick up the first utterance of the word and realizing it's a slang.Abbrieviation of "lycanthrope", understand what they mean. *inhales* No, that wasn't sarcasm, I just don't see how it was necessary to have that "you're stupid, so I'm explaining it slowly" clip in a commercial that does a much better job without it.
</offTopic>
there actually is a comic/anime inspired vampire movie that is going to be made some time next year starring MILLA JOVOVICH. the working title is UltraViolet.

"Milla will play a vampire with no shortage of ass-kicking potential who's forced into protecting a young boy amidst the tumult of war in the not-too-distant future and from what we've been told, Kurt's seriously springboarding into much more elaborate action for his follow-up to the beloved Equilibrium. "
OMG sage_4 is in heaven now.....Rico players don't have any idea about his love of Milla...guess we can expect all new sprays from you
yes yes. i recall the one in which she proclaimed that she was the god of the universe.
a preview of my work

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

looks like you're ready to shoot her
what a great tag
FreeFall,Aug 29 2003, 02:50 AM Wrote:looks like you're ready to shoot her
he definately wants to get his loaded weapon fired around her that's for sure... his accuracy will be suspect since he'll have the shakes and probably fire too early:)
its called a misfire, net :P
White dragon?
Jovovich is "cusswordgoeshere" hot....ive seen all of her movies :>
whoops post got posted twice...everybody has somebody taht they dream about:D
Anyone heard Milla's CD from a few years ago? I loved it and wished she would have done a second one. She is one of my favorite actresses also.
Ok back to the topic for a sec.

I have not yet seen Perfect Circle live, but I do have to say the whole Meynard production mentality is unbelievable.

Seeing TOOL last year changed my entire outlook on live shows and music in general. Their attention to detail, their completion of every aspect, their symphonic perfection, all makes for much more than your standard concert.

I will go buy the album the day it comes out. Thanks for the report!!

Beastie
I heard some Tool concerts were way too loud, so loud that there were distortions in the music.
the other project that maynard is working on currently is called Tapeworm, which is a collaborative effort between Maynard, Trent Reznor, Danny Lohner, and Atticus Ross (Ross is from an amazing industrial british band called 12 Rounds, who are also on Nothing records with Nine Inch Nails and formerly Marylin Manson). Anyway, those people are the primary characters, but they also have spoken of working with a bunch of other people that have since quit the project. they've also been working on this album since 1996, and it still isn't finished. all i say is that it better be damned good when it comes out ^_^
_Acid_Head_,Aug 29 2003, 01:50 PM Wrote:I heard some Tool concerts were way too loud, so loud that there were distortions in the music.
they've been distorting music for a very long time acid
oh man..tapeworm was supposed to be released soooo long ago.... Im sure some of you have heard this song but for those who don't.. d/l vacant by APC. It was originally done by Danny Lohner, Maynard, Trent reznor and Charlie Clouser but I still havn't heard the original. It's a song made for the Tapeworm project.

Quote:Seeing TOOL last year changed my entire outlook on live shows and music in general

I am jealous... I haven't seen Tool in concert yet and I want to very much so. Unfortunately I don't think they'll be coming here any time soon.
They hate L.A., wont be seeing them here for a long time.
evil_admin,Aug 29 2003, 08:52 AM Wrote:Anyone heard Milla's CD from a few years ago? I loved it and wished she would have done a second one. She is one of my favorite actresses also.
i have heard it (of course). not quite my style, but still enjoyable if you're in that kind of mood. she is an amazing actress, but unfortunately concentrates way too much on her modeling career.

i am currently waiting for 5 albums to come out: tape worm, NIN, apc, LostProphets, and Muse.
FreeFall,Aug 29 2003, 04:46 PM Wrote:
Quote:Seeing TOOL last year changed my entire outlook on live shows and music in general

I am jealous... I haven't seen Tool in concert yet and I want to very much so. Unfortunately I don't think they'll be coming here any time soon.
uh, didn't TOOL break up? last i heard, maynard was working on so many projects, and APC was going to be his main band from now on. that being true, he was leaving tool, and they were going to split. or maybe i'm making things up, but that sounds right in my mind :blink:
[QUOTE] i am currently waiting for 5 albums to come out: tape worm, NIN, apc, LostProphets, and Muse.

i can't find the lostprophets album:(been looking for a little while, might have to order it from the label.