Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planetside
Anyone else looking forward to this one? Personally I can't wait. I'm probably going to preorder it (amazing considering I have not purchased one game in over two years).

Planetside Universe
Official PS website
It looks like a cool game, but then again it's been delayed so many times that it may be subject to Daikatanas fate. Everythings also been revamped so that has probably led to many more issues. Just look at World War II online, let's hope that Planetside doesn't follow in their footsteps. My only other worry about the game is Verant. Most FPS fans look for fast paced action, but games like Everquest take forever and a day to play. It seems that Verant doesn't have that much experiance in this style of gameplay.
Other than that it looks like an awesome game:P
been delayed? this is the only release date ive ever heard about it:o
But things are finally coming togeather:)A 1000player beta is supposed to start very soon, and the devs are still sticking with the release date of March.
Yeah, it was scheduled for a Summer 2001 release. Was gonna be the first massively multiplayer first person shooter. I guess someone died or something so it got pushed back.
RuNnInG_wIth_ScISsOrS,Feb 6 2003, 03:16 AM Wrote:Yeah, it was scheduled for a Summer 2001 release. Was gonna be the first massively multiplayer first person shooter. I guess someone died or something so it got pushed back.
Well look at Duke Nukem Forever.... PS is doing better than they are =D
Did anyone see the preview in PC Gamer? Looks like Planetside is gonna kick serious ass.
Hell yes it will! I didn't get to see the preview, but if you tell me what issue it's in, I just might have to go pick up a copy:)
Lol, it wasn't a big article. Just a hands-on thing, and the guy that got to test the beta said it was going to live up to everyones expectations. There was a huge preview in 2000, but now Planetside is a completely different game.