Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are currently 2 Steam Rico servers
I see 2 up this morning Ohio's #1 Ricochet and Indiana's #1 Ricochet. That's where I'll be till the rest switch if anyone wants to play with me.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
If I could actually get steam to load Ricochet I would at least try them, but so far I can seach for servers, launch and then it just either sits there and does nothing or loads the back ground blue and red image. No menu or anything.

Same with TFC, it just loads an image of the Hardware guy firing his gun but thats it.
I just noticed something while playing it. I can hear my opponent when they hit the jump arrows. When I hit the arrows though there is no sound my guy just jumps. That's a bit annoying. The movement of your guy also feels differant.
I have my MonsterDM server up on STEAM. I can't get ot it yet as I don't have the client. I am trying to d/l Ricochet server files but I keep getting "Ran out of content tickets" error message.

I am glad everything is so much EASIER now..
Yeah, i noticed that two P&G... also, does it feel like your falling beyond them before you suddenly are going backwards, or is that just me?
I didnt download steam and am stil playing as always:thumb::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
well this is what they did to ricochet:

removed the sound you make when you jump but left the one the other person makes when he jumps
slowed your jumps down so much so that the middle to center pad behind you jump is impossible (all others including the S jump are possible)

this is what they didn't do:

white disc glitch
reconnecting bug
use key
spectating bug
and any other bug that we happened to have fixed

So folks upon upgrading to the "new" and "improved" Steam software we get to deal with everything that we fixed before AND all the ######s who were banned from servers can come back

On the plus side, with ricochet in the playable games list, it MAY become more popular.
Hahahaha, Ricochet is trully dead.

edit: Who was it that was in contact with Valve? Tell them that they better fix this shit.
Hmm. I agree, oh, and I don't know about you lot, but I noticed that OpenGL doesn't work with my laptop anymore :/ says the video mode ain't supported when I know for a fact that I was using it :/
I love my Won, I just got thru playing, and I'm gonna hang on to won until grits makes me change and after all of you figure out what is wrong. Keep up the good fight. Obtw, did I tell you rico on WON is really smooth right now.
i curse you for saying that!!! i cna't play on won anymore cause steam very "graciously" "cleaned" up my hl folder......
Same......:angry::angry::angry:
I was lucky enough to ask for a backup so I can play on both but only barely. I have a Steam client that works on Ricochet but nothing else and my own HL server but can't get the ricochet server files.

I'm cursed...
Aye, it asks you if you want to back it up, which I did:P
Not backing it up is not going to kill me. I can do without Rico for a few weeks. I do have other games that will occupy my time.
would the hl 1.1.1.0 installation help? I bet you people can find and install that to get back on WON..... That is, if steam hasn't already turned you into minions of Valve's raging army of the undead.
well see i needed to do that for the space.... it wasn't like i had a choice in the matter. not to mention if you have multiple accounts for steam, you need seperate installs for EACH account. that means that however much space steam's programs take up, you can double it or triple it or whatever it for how many accounts you have.
The real reason I did not back it up is cause I had just woke up that day at about 5:15 to see if Steam was released. My eyes were half open when I did all of the Steam stuff. I wanted to get through it as fast as possible so I just kept clicking Next or OK. Then I got ready for work and left it on till I got home.
Quote:love my Won, I just got thru playing, and I'm gonna hang on to won until grits makes me change and after all of you figure out what is wrong. Keep up the good fight. Obtw, did I tell you rico on WON is really smooth right now.

Grits won't make you change anything Jabba that decision is up to Holdout's. I didn't want to change either but I didn't see the point in waiting for my purposes anyway. I have UT2K3 to keep me busy until Holdout's comes aboard.
Power and Glory,Sep 13 2003, 09:48 PM Wrote:The real reason I did not back it up is cause I had just woke up that day at about 5:15 to see if Steam was released. My eyes were half open when I did all of the Steam stuff. I wanted to get through it as fast as possible so I just kept clicking Next or OK. Then I got ready for work and left it on till I got home.
actually if you kept clicking yes then you didn't clean up half life cause even htough its the "recommended" installation it isn't the default selected. when going through the installer when you get to that screen, don't touch the half life folder is selected
I know I my HL is gone I remember that screen I know I didn't back anything up. That is the one thing I remember. By the time I got to that screen I was a bit more coherant :P
Anyone try reinstalling Half-Life with patch?
I don't know what you are all moaning about... I have STEAM and WON installed side by side.... one on my laptop, and next to it my desktop.... they work concurrently well:)
my stream loaded and said I have "platnum pack" what ever the hell that means and asked me if i would like to update all of my games monthly for free, what the hell are they talking about? i have I have CS, TF,DOD,HLDM
Rico, halflife, OF,and this thing called a dedicated server, should I do the monthy subscription for free or are they just tring to get me to do something that is gonna cost me down the road? and I also didnt have enough room for both WON and stream so I am screwed as far as playing the old way unless I reinstall rico, and I am not sure if that will screw things up cus I have no idea what the HELL I am doing.

half these games i didnt know I even had lol

frito
I have that too. Not sure if its one month free, or permentantly free... either way, I ain't paying for nothing! But now I have Opposing Force, woo!
i know when i bought half life it was just half life. i got opposing forces for free WORD! though i can't get the damn thing to run single player....<_<
I must admit I didn't buy it, it's my friends, but it's legit:)
Everyone gets the platnum pack welcome. From my understanding with the platnum pack it had one serial number that worked for all the games.

Thats how it is now. You have one serial number to get all the games.

Also its not holdouts that will be forcing you to move to steam (least not really) its Valve software. Won works perfectly good. It just needed a couple of updates like being able to tell if there was bots on the server or not. Besides that what else would it need?
if you liked hl single-player, you will enjoy opposing force sp. it's really good...almost as good as hl itself. the multi-player part of opp-for is just like hldm but has the extra-weapons and character models found in the sp game.

i never played dod before, but i chose not to install/update it through steam at this time. i'm sure it's pretty good, but damn...i'm so busy, i don't want to choose now to get addicted. the only games i did install/update were hl, ricochet and opp-for.
I had an interesting fright last night.. couldn't log into steam so I reset my password... that worked ok... so then I looked at my games... it reckoned I had NONE installed...

There is NO way I'm gonna download all THAT again! Fortunately, when I tried to run ricochet they all appeared.