Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally able to play
We need to fix this version of ricochet.

On a good note, I spammed our url around a bit and hope that a few more people will come. They know that there are more maps here and a forums to talk.

I haven't tried the other ones yet. Figures it would start working after I started making a "my beefs with steam" text file. lol one of the things included was "games won't load" LOL

I will post it on the forums once I add a few more and and get some sleep
I thought evil fixed the problem, and found a way to load the fixed server DLL?
Well, I wondered if you modified the libgam file whether that would do it... since this is what Adminmod, etc do... and it MUST be the way that STEAM operates...
I can load the our dll onto a steam server...want to try it on mine but STEAM won't update my Rico server. I am going to try to cconnect to my HL server and then put in my custom dll and verify but I think it will work.
I would agree with that. Though if a patch is applied, it would probably overwrite it.
I think it will overwrite the dll IF Valve ever makes a change to the dll. Realistically, I don't think Valve will ever get to Ricochet as they have so many problems with the other mods and then there is that authentication system, STEAM I think is its name.

By the way, I got my HLDM server up, lan only at this point, and installed my own modded dll and it worked fine. I could only test some of the changes as I haven't gotten metamod and stripper installed yet but so far so good.
Keep the modded dll on the server under a different name, maybe outside the hl directory. Then every time it gets patched, all you have to do is copy it back in place.
evil_admin,Sep 14 2003, 04:15 PM Wrote:I could only test some of the changes as I haven't gotten metamod and stripper installed yet but so far so good.
Never heard of that... what is it?