Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im gonna miss you guys
til holdouts converst over I guess I will be playing stream rico, SO HURRY UP!!!

frito
yeah, its kinda crazy right now, im gonna wait till next weekend to dl it, then i'll have a little under a week to get it working b4 won shuts down, according to what valve says.
you dummy,why didn't you wait till we all did, and you could have kept your Won also.
Yeah! Don't you know how to use a personal particle laser?!
I'm no dummy... since I have both Won and Steam running simutaneously, side by side ;-)
Ok, im confused ( and a noob )
Q:

I will HAVE to use steam to play Rico then?

I won't be able to play using the normal method anymore????

When will this be??
sometime before the end of next week you will have to download and use stream to log on to the servers and play. and at this point I am very disappointed in the way stream works, I have tried to log on and stream just sits there and does nothing, i have gotten to the point that it is tring to log on and then does nothing and I have actually logged on and then it sits there and does nothing, and i have logged on and played and it has hugh lag spikes to where it is almost unplayable, now I realize that this is new to us and them so they are aware of bugs and crap that keep it from working right, and they are working at it but, my mom always said "if it aint broke dont fix it" and at this point I think Valve should have heeded her words. :(

frito
can you guys see this screen? if you can then it is something you better get used to

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yup I can see it and yup thats what I usually see.

So much for playing games in seconds eh.
hell it takes me 10 mins to get to that point right there.

frito
Getting there is tedious, though now that it's fully updated, it goes in pretty quick... the thing is, if you have to download the game at all, or it needs extracting from the cache... it'll display that screen WITHOUT any indication of updates, or what the **** it's doing...
so if u have to update your games? just leave it be? like how hard is it to make a window that says "updateing... this may take several days"
wha? can i borrow your personal particle laser? need to make a poing with valve.
Actually, they couldn't do much worse... I remember the old adage about the Microsoft time counters when copying files etc... and how inaccurate they used to be... but at least they were there!
get back in holdouts:P.
I was there... and you left after I owned you :/ (though that's most probably unrelated, I had to make the most of it happening for once).
well if a game is updating, and steam decides to register this fact, a new box will pop up telling you how long you have to wait till you can play said game. The box comes with a progress bar, but doesn't tell you how much it has downloaded so far or at what speed the download is going at (which baffles me). You have to go into the monitor steam activity window to see how fast the dl is going, but you can never see how many bytes you have dled out of a certain amount of bytes....
PuNkGirL,Sep 23 2003, 04:11 AM Wrote:well if a game is updating, and steam decides to register this fact, a new box will pop up telling you how long you have to wait till you can play said game. The box comes with a progress bar, but doesn't tell you how much it has downloaded so far or at what speed the download is going at (which baffles me). You have to go into the monitor steam activity window to see how fast the dl is going, but you can never see how many bytes you have dled out of a certain amount of bytes....
true enough, however my firewall can tell me how much it's downloaded ;-)
netniV,Sep 22 2003, 05:35 PM Wrote:I was there... and you left after I owned you :/ (though that's most probably unrelated, I had to make the most of it happening for once).
and they wonder how propaganda spreads ;)