Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First real post...
Hmm... I dunno why I haven't started anything in here. I consider myself a writer (not sure how many more of you vadavakians do as well)....
Anyway, I'm currently working on a story. Not sure how long it will be, but essentially it's stream-of-consciousness about a regular Joe who has deep philosophical thoughts which are almost an impairment... has trouble staying on task because of his wandering thoughts. A bit misunderstood, no one expects a low-class guy to have real insight, and much of it will be about how he got to where he is, instead of being important in some way.
I got the idea from a guy in school. He started talking about deep thinkers, people with important thoughts who convey them to the world. He said their mind is on a different level than say, for example, Joe the gas station guy. It got me thinking... who is to know that some people don't have incredible thoughts, but circumstances just keep them from expressing these thoughts? Might be interesting. I also have other stories in the works... one about a racist guy... another about a naive girl... one about my experience with heart disease... stuff like that.
If anyone wants to read my college essay... go ahead and ask, I'll send or post or something.
It sounds like you are talking about me. :D

I've been working on a book or series of books for a good many years now. Its a very unique idea I had many many years ago.

It involves Magic and Tech. I havn't given out much info about it over the years, not even my closest friends.

Right now, its upto 205 pages writen down and another 121 pages of plot ideas.

I might post a few pages worth up here if I think i'm ready.

Little back ground on me, I suck in english class. I would get 3 or 4 pages into the one of the books that they make you read and then be asleep. After when you had to write a 1 page essy on how the book made you fell I would normally put "The book made me feel tired cause it was boring"

So I would get 0s on all the papers like that.

Its kind of funny how I have written so much. hehe One night I wrote over 24 pages (one of my best nights on working on it).
I came up with a new theory while I contemplated the way two peices of grass react when you intertwine them and pull. Actually I already thought I had learned all that could be learned from this but after I thought some more last night about the weather and the grass, I discovered something I hadn't before, an epiphany of sorts. Anyway, to sort of sort things out, I often right them down, it helps, so maybe I can post this and then wait as everyone reads and probably disagrees with it. But I suppose that is what makse things fun.:P
Bleh, English class means nothing in terms of writing... no one can teach you to write. As long as you're literate, it's all good. Just consider all of the unorthodox writers. Ernest Hemingway.... he had a policy of never using a complex word when there was a simpler one that could convey the same message. His sentence structure is so basic, his diction at a level anyone can understand.
me basic, me happy!

LOL
here are my toughts on a spoof movie, it is a take off of the wizard of oz,
"Cheech and Chong go to Oz", the cowardly lion would be Ted Nuggent, the scare crow would be made of weed and threw out the movie he gets smaller and smaller(cus they are smoking him), the tin man would be a giant bong, the great and powerful oz would be there dealer and last but not least, the wicked witch of the west would be a DEA agent. been thinking about that movie for years and have always loved cheech and chong movies, wish they would get back together and do somemore movies.
have no idea why I am posting this here but what the hell
I think frito has had a little too much scarecrow :lol:

so one of you guys go ahead and share something and maybe I will share one of my writings
English class wont teach you how to write, only how not to write.