Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STEAM's job
It's gotta be the one thing that Anon mentioned to me just before... it's a flippin' Patience Tester... it's not a game device/upgrade/enhancement... it's to test whether there are enough muppets that will just go with the flow...

I started an Opposing Force single player game.. waited 5 minutes for it to load up... it played the sounds, did the animation... but everytime it switched a speech section it stuttered... ok I said ... no problem I can put up with that for now...

Then I was told to goto training... so I runs off like a good li'l soldier... through the corridor, down the stairs, hit the doors which swing open and .....

Yes that's right folks I waited for 5-10 minutes... and then I was outside... ok, maybe that was a one off ... so I ran forward, the sargent asked if I had a problem so I realised I should continue straight ahead... and ran off quick time... got through the doors, no delay, great! down the corridor, almost to the next set and ....

BLAM... it's time to wait again ...

This time, my screen saver kicks in because it's been so god damn long since I did anything that it things it's idling... oh well, I thought, cancelled the screen saver, unlocked the workstation... screen looks a bit fux0r3d, but I'll put up with it... now... how do I get back in game...

I don't... eh?! STEAM the back of crap that it is, doesn't load the game as a seperate process, but as part of itself... thus there is NO way to get back in game, and in fact, guess what... IT LOCKS UP.... uuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
As an update, STEAM was apparently not even running according to my process list, so I can't even end task it, and it's being forced to reboot now as I speak... Great, stuff, eh ?
Wow. I always had an inkling that valve were really just 50,000 monkeys at 50,000 typewriters. Oh, and the current title holder for "World's Most Illiterate" is there to debug the code. Until steam came out, I thought we had another few years before the terminally stupid would get past the baffling Power Switch Conundrum and follow the tooltips to the net. I bet I could sell windows calculator to these people, on second thought, make that a package deal, I'll include notepad for a few additional dollars. Anyone want a drink? They're on me; I'm gonna be rich.
Sure. Never turn down a free drink would I... I'm owed loads across the globe... as for calc and notepad... you do that, I'll throw in Windows as an add-on extra at around £1000... nice li'l profit margin there...
l'm underage but i'll take one anyways^_^. and you might want to include this bonus pack which comes with: Minesweeper, solitare, hearts, freecell, and paint. all they have to do is buy it and it automatically installs onto their computer, they don't have to do anything. hmmm... should charge em 20 bux per game, so thats 100 bux WOOHOO!!!!
You know, I thought you were around 18... you should come to the UK... it's legal to drink at 18 here ;-)

Anyway, I decided that I could offer then a friendly pet mouse... wouldn't need feeding much but a few biscuit crumbs, or bits of chocolate from someone who can't eat with their mouth shut...
USA is retarded it is the only country that believes that you shouldn't drink till you are 21. all the other countries are 18 or lower.... <_<
cars per capita
I am sure that has a lot to do with it and insurance rates both health and auto
the reason I was givin "by a congressman" was that in the USA people have a tendency to buy beer for younger people, but not real young "compared to there own age" so they expect 21 year olds to buy for 18 year olds but not for the sixteen year old, but when the drinking age is 18 then they expect them to buy beer for the 16 year old, so really they are tring to keep 16 year olds from drinking. sounds kinda like a circle jerk but it does make a little sence.
no it doesn't... 21's will by for 16's any day
yeah all you have to do is be like "hey Mr. can you buy us some beer?" and then procede to flirt iwth him till he does^_^
works for the chicks.
Sounds like you've had practice... wanna come over here and try with me ?:)
ontario is 19 for booze, most other provinces are 18, or all, not sure.
Well it doesn't work at all..EVERYONE get drunk even before they are 16..well not me..I'm a good kid lol but everyday people try to get me to drink..but pff peer pressure doesn't work..but yeh everyone gets drunk..usually starts with a select few in 8th grade and then once in high school..bout half have drunk and 1/4 gets drunk regurally..I would say..