Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT EVERYBODY READ
dont click on any posts on the steam forums that are by t0y22..his message contains a malicious script that reformat your hd:(
***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing myg0t. While half those little shits claim to be 'professional.' They're just a bunch of jackasses with too much time on their hands.

BTW, Thanks ss for warning us. :heartbeat:
PnG if you are reading this..go delete the log file between me and you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SHIT, THANKS SS
FYI that virus you see on my pc..that was that script..i was talking to PnG and told him the commoand..and i guess it works becaues it went to my log files..so watch out when you are on IRC
I wouldn't trust anything coming from him or the forums anyway. Actually I don't trust anything coming from anywhere, I always virus scan everything that comes on my system no matter what.

Thanks for the heads up thou
its a script GB..if you click on the topic theres a command that executes..you dont dl anything:(
did you report it to the mods on their forums?
there are a total of 3 admins on steam boards..they dont moderate them
I was lucky that I don't have anything in my log file for mirc so I was saved this time. If you are in that channel don't click on anything like SS told me a few times. There are myg0ts and others just waiting to catch anybody who is naive enough to go click happy.

The only reason I've been hanging out in that room the past couple days is to see if I can grab any news about the whole HL2 situation.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Quote:If you are in that channel don't click on anything like SS told me a few times. There are myg0ts and others just waiting to catch anybody who is naive enough to go click happy.
Do you mean the #myg0t channel? I thought it was invite only.
no..this is a diff network\diff channel
I simply OPENED one of his threads and it planted the same format script onto my comp, I'm running housecall's online scan now to find and remove it, I really think NOBODY should open any threads on that forum at this time, just not worth it.

Admins are doing little to delete these threads as well, their comps are probably fried by now.
ppfff, I signed up for the forums not long ago, but I don't even visit them... 1 is enough for me.
i visited the myg0t clan site tonight to see if they were discussing the hl2 thing openly. they had a link to hl2_src.rar and claim it's the source to hl2. there was no way i was going to dl it. i was curious...but i felt that it was probably a trap. i didn't know if i should report it to helpvalve or not because if i could get there in two mouse clicks, i'm sure several people have already too.
i sure hope so, just be glad they arent in any of our servers, and if they were they would have been banned before you could say llama.
The hl2 source WAS copyrighted/patented or something, right?
Yes.