Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listen up Netniv
They said they were going to talk to Grits about my tag (no it wasn't mfkr) and you kick me. So I change my name to come in and talk to you, but you kick me again. Stop power tripping you ditz, I've done nothing wrong.
When did this happen and on what server, it will be looked into.
i dont know what it meant, but you could tell it was a cheap shot at the rip tag.
It was hardly a cheap shot, when I made it up I was just being dumb, btRiP= badminton trip lol. Anyways it happened about 5-5:30? Maybe later than that, it didn't even bother me so much that he kicked me. What really ticked me is he kept on repeatedly kicking me without even letting me explain myself.
If you had stuck the actual RiP tag on and did not remove it after I asked I would have kicked you since you are not in their clan.

I would not have kicked for poking fun at it as there doesn't seem anything offensive about that name. When I was in uT I never kicked anyone who made fun of it or worded it in a funny way. I had to kick a couple for wearing it when there were not in uT.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
The tag was [*btRiP*]

Never have I ever put the tag of any existing clan on that I did not belong to.
well it rubbed net the wrong way, and speaking as a member of a very well respected clan, i dont like anyone taking shots at it. You were warned and had time to explain, yet you did nothing. Im just reporting how i saw it.
Speaking as a leader of [*RiP*], it would kind of tick me off. It's sort of obvious, and not cool to wear a tag attempting to resemble an existing clan. Kind of hard to explain in words why you shouldn't do it, because naturally the response is "Well I did NOT wear the RiP tag! It was different!"... but you knew what you were doing, it's something you just don't do. I don't know about the repeated kicking though... wasn't there to judge.
Part of this is my bad

16 was playing with the mfkr tag and I asked him to remove it, he didnt so I llamaed him and told him I would every time he came on the server...he changed his name a few times and I don't remember who he was talking to but he changed it to the rip off of a clan tag...normally I would have argued because I will not let people use tags they have no right to, but I thought it was temporary and would never have condoned the use other than during that game because I thought it was like the name game and he would abandon it. I guess he mistook my apathy as approval...let me go on record....

If it appears to be an intentional jab at a repected clan...you should not use it.
I really don't appreciate you all making me out as a bad guy here. I was in no way taking a jab at RiP, they're a fine clan and I have nothing against them. You guys need to relax a little bit, everyone here is so uptight like the littlest thing is about to start a war. If someone has a problem with something I'm doing just let me know, I do not just ignore people.

Anon while I apparently had time to explain I was busy being kicked out, so sorry if I'm not able to relay a message to you all when I'm not even connected to the server. Furthermore when I came back in (without the tag mind you) with intentions to say sorry I'm just told not to reconnect..., ok. First off, how can I explain to you anything if you kick me, and how is it even reconnecting? That term was coined because reconnecting was used to get a match, and I did not get a match so it doesn't even apply to me.
well all u really did was try to justify yourself by saying grits didnt mind. You could have in fact said something like, hang on, let me explain after this or something. There was not much time inbetween reconnecting (calling it that for lack of a better word) for you to get much said, but you didnt seem to make an effort to explain, thats where my problem lies. If you infact did explain what your clan tag meant, then there could have been time for more diplomacy.
How do you expect me to explain anything, I had a match while I was getting yelled at, and then after that as I was typing a message I got kicked and then when I tried to come back I get yelled at for reconnecting and then kicked and then getting instantly kicked.
oh netniv kept kicking trippy the other day. ms said taht net was in a bad mood so he was kinda power trippin' (no pun intended mfkr!!!)haha:thumb::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
well... me as another co-l have to say that there was other cases that ppl used our tag to make fun of our self... and personally i would kick u too cuz i don't like ppl that using it and if i would see u doing it 1 more time well, i don't want to meet u and start a bad start, so act nice little boy
Sheez, don't do things that would even potentially piss off people because it will here. Ask Acid_head, ThisShitsTrippy, SS, Gwarsbane, they've all done things they thought were harmless (or justified somehow) and someone got really pissed about it.
Shalk,Oct 18 2003, 09:44 AM Wrote:well... me as another co-l have to say that there was other cases that ppl used our tag to make fun of our self... and personally i would kick u too cuz i don't like ppl that using it and if i would see u doing it 1 more time well, i don't want to meet u and start a bad start, so act nice little boy
I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to say this but I was not making fun of RiP.

Oh and we've already met before and haven't had a bad start to my knowledge, and one last thing..., I'm older than you little boy:P
Yep. Them's fightin' words!!
*-=][_=-*
I was watching Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back the other day. I remember this one scene where they are filming Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season. The extras are told not to make eye contact with Ben Affleck or Matt Damon, or else there would be consequences. It was pretty funny.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
SIMMA DOWN kids....
Ok, with regards to either Trip or 16 ... I spent time with both (considerably a LOT more time with Trip) trying to be reasonable. I asked 16 to change the tag, he said no. I asked again, he basically said he wouldn't because GRITS didn't mind. I warned, he did not listen. He was given time. Points to note are:

a) he was given time
B) he was warned
c) he wouldn't change it
d) even the capitalisation mirror that of RiP
e) I have personally been removed from the server for similar incursions in my past
f) common sense says that using a tag that is like that is going to get you noticed
g) repeated kicks will occur if you come straight back after being booted (and for trip's sake that does not mean count to 60 and try again)
h) I was right

I am open to people disagreeing with me, and I ain't bothered that I have a thread dedicated to myself... I just think it shows that you failed to notice what was happening, and hopefully you can learn from it.

All the best for the future.

netniV.
Well said.
Damn skippy net :thumb:

frito
Since Net has replied and gave his reasons 16 will hopefully learn from this. There is no more to add here so I am locking it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]