Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like this and I think everyone should take it to
After months and months of listening to people complain and moan, I think it is time for this to be said.

Just because you go out and buy a copy of a game (like half-life) and download a mod (like Ricochet) you DO NOT instantly get the right to do or say whatever you want on a server. Do you really think you have the right to play on any server you want? Nope, sorry but you don’t. That little WONID/STEAM ID of yours isn’t a magical gateway to do whatever the heck you want. The fact of the matter is, whatever server you go to you are a guest there and need to treat people with respect. If you come over to my house and talk shit about my dog do you think I’m going to sit there and take it? Heck no! I’m going to kick your bony little butt out the front door and smack you over the head a couple of times along the way.

Every gaming server out there is a privilege and as such can be taken away from you in a blink of an eye. Behind these servers/forum are people who work their ass of like Grits/Gwars/Evil and spend money on the hardware like Grits just so people have a place to play/talk. If one of their friends decides that they don’t want you around, then they can kick your ass out. They don’t have to give you a reason why nor do they need to explain their actions to you. If you have a problem with it then that’s exactly what it is, YOUR PROBLEM! Don’t come to this server “demanding” an explanation or complaining and moaning about how “it’s not fair”. Who the heck said that we have to be fair?!? Last time I read the server files for RC it said nothing about server admins having to be fair. Fact of the matter is few things in life are fair, and what your opinion is of fair might not match the admins. The sooner you come to grips with this the sooner you’ll begin to realize what it’s like to be an adult.

And then there are the whiners about “admin abuse”. The admins of the server/forum are the ones who have the rights, not you. For those who still disagree with me, then let me put it to you like this:

You and some friends are driving along and decide to pick up a hitchhiker. He seems nice at first, then all of a sudden starts complaining that you are driving too slow. Then he begins to start making fun of your car and your friends. Now lets see, are you going to just sit there and take it or are you going to stop and kick him out of your car? No wait!!!! You can’t do that!!! That’s “abuse”!!! That hitchhiker is in your car now and has the right to decide when he comes and goes and he can say and do whatever the heck he feels like right??? Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.

If you want to have the privilege to play on a server/forum, you have to earn it and respect the people who build and maintain it. As soon as you don’t, that privilege will no longer be available to you.

Venting session over……for now…..

Provided by Quickening