Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there some secret group?
It seems to me that I have a lot more people that are rather rude and just in general disrespectful to me. Hell, I don't even know these people. For example, today I was just playing some arena and Limitless comes in and says hi and seems decent enough when he just starts attacking me, and not once did I say one thing to him before hand that was in any way rude or mean or anything negative. Now I won't lie and say I've never acted rather condescending towards people, but I've been trying my hardest to be nice to others, and ask anyone that knew how I acted not even too long ago towards random people if you do not believe me.

I'm just sick of it, people treat me like crap even though I'm trying hard to be nice.
Welcome to life.
Do you think it might have something to do with the way you use to act, me personally don't even remember you, did you go by some other name?

People that are abusive are generally that way even after they try to change. Its like a man that bullies or hits his wife, he is generally sorry for having done so, but then after time will always do it again. Most of the time it has something to do with his own self worth or feeling of being inadequate, but it doesn't matter how many times that person says sorry, its action over a period of time. I always wonder at why the abuser always expects the victim to feel sorry and forgive what they have done.
What time was this and what server ? I'm sure the logs can be dug up to find out what happened.

I think you may have rubbed some people the wrong way when you first signed up on the forums. You made it sound like you were the best Rico Player that had ever stepped foot on the server.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
jabbahunt,Oct 26 2003, 11:40 PM Wrote:Do you think it might have something to do with the way you use to act, me personally don't even remember you, did you go by some other name?

People that are abusive are generally that way even after they try to change. Its like a man that bullies or hits his wife, he is generally sorry for having done so, but then after time will always do it again. Most of the time it has something to do with his own self worth or feeling of being inadequate, but it doesn't matter how many times that person says sorry, its action over a period of time. I always wonder at why the abuser always expects the victim to feel sorry and forgive what they have done.
The only name I've ever gone by besides 16 is Faint. Anyways I can honestly say I was never sorry for the way I've acted but I did know I needed to change. I've never expected anyone to forgive me for anything I've done or feel bad for anything that has happened to me. However; I do want to know what the hell is going on, people treat me like shit, why? I don't know these people and they don't know me.

It was on the 24/7 Arena I think.
Power and Glory,Oct 26 2003, 04:49 PM Wrote:What time was this and what server ? I'm sure the logs can be dug up to find out what happened.

I think you may have rubbed some people the wrong way when you first signed up on the forums. You made it sound like you were the best Rico Player that had ever stepped foot on the server.
I think it's sorta obvious... people don't like arrogance, so don't be surprised when people are rude and want to see you lose. Granted, people should just chill now, but you did start off on the wrong foot with people.
g-boy, in this paticular case it was totally random. I've never even seen limitless, and he also said that he's never seen me either.
Are you sure you don't know shakira? I haven't looked it up yet but something familiar about this IP.
OMG OMG OMG CONSPIRACY THEORY OMG OMG OMG

We all hate you now die
jabbahunt,Oct 27 2003, 12:49 AM Wrote:Are you sure you don't know shakira? I haven't looked it up yet but something familiar about this IP.
or cb with the same wonid :>..all 3 the same :\
16 came out of nowhere with mad skill, and both CB/Shakira dissapeared. I just DON'T get it, why do pros have to alias block? It doesn't make you cool.

I was using a different name before my tournament match because people play better against me when they don't know I'm me, and I needed the warmup, but I don't do it for the hell of it (and the few times when I do, I reveal who I am right away so people don't think I just wanna be an ass).
i think first impressions played a key role in it 16. You dont have to see a person in game for them not to know who you are, you both are on the forums and have the ablity to read the other persons posts, which can already indirectly lead to animosity, without direct contact. So keep in mind these forums are public and any internet user can read them.
Shakira, 16, and CB have the same IP on the forums. I remember when CB first came up and a bunch including myself thought it was Shakira. I remember seeing 16 first pop on the server and he had the same wonid as CB.

In fact I remember not voting for CB into uT at the time cause I thought it was a wasted vote thinking CB was Shakira who was already in uT.
*ahem* 16 said that hes cb's bro :blink:
Very convenient story... anyway, yeah, when you have a name that no one knows about and you're a good player, people have major trouble. Remember -C L'e-Meursault? Lots of people thought he was this unknown but super awesome player, but apparently it turns it out it was only me.
jabbahunt,Oct 27 2003, 12:49 AM Wrote:Are you sure you don't know shakira? I haven't looked it up yet but something familiar about this IP.
Similar ip because we both have the same net provider who is huge here. You're usually sympatico or rogers. I do know Shakira which I've already told people before. Like SS said I am CB's brother, and we live together and therefor share the same computer, ip and wonID. I don't know why Shakira's IP shows as the same as mine, maybe she's accessed this site from my house before and started posting a bunch of stuff.

One thing that is wrong is that SS said something about us with all the same wonID. Mine (and CB's) is 1022143, and Shakira's is 1213417.

Seems that a few think that what I've posted before has a direct effect on how others react and maybe it is true but I'd like to ask everyone not to judge me before you actually do know me.
16-tha-pimpteen,Oct 27 2003, 02:32 AM Wrote:Similar ip because we both have the same net provider who is huge here.
every pc has a diff ip..no 2 ip's are the same :>..also i saw shakira in grits server when cb first showed up....had the same exact wonid....the ip he was refering to is the ip when you play the game...the logs log ip\wonid\name etc
So, would that explain the similar styles of play? I guess Shakira taught CB who in turn taught you. I just wish you would let Shakira free and return her to her people.
I think where the confusion came out is when CB first appeared she was a great player. She told me she had only played for 5 days when I first met her on the server. She was owning me left and right. That's why I thought Shakira and CB were the same person. Hence the reason I did not vote her in to uT like the others since I thought something was fishy at the time.

The same thing happened when I first saw you 16. A great player popping up out of nowhere. At the time when we had the special admin command your name popped up as also CB. Plus CB wasn't around anymore so a few assumed 16 was CB.
No one taught me to play this, I was playing it much before Shakira and CB.

SS I said similar IP, not same IP. Shakira having same wonID? Well she could've played from my house but she has her own which is the one I said earlier.
what name did you go under?..because ive been playing ricochet since it came out..before the hl update..ive never seen the name 16
Faint
**cough**Bullshit**cough, cough
Fine you know what? I don't give a shit what you think, I'll just remember this next time I see you and give you the shit that you're giving me. Know why? Because I can be an ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** too, and if you don't believe me about this you can ask around. I'm going to bed now.

See ya later, ciao, go ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** yourself.
see the cycle here 16?
16, chica, shakira...i don't give a shit who you are...just don't come back.
16, the meek shall inherit the earth. On a more serious note, I've watched you claim in servers that no one can beat you, then when people do even at all if not consistently (myself and others), you whine and complain and yell bs, as if there is no possible way you could lose? You wonder why people don't like you? Complete a little self analysis, then come back and see if you can post the same message with that original doelike bewilderment. If you honestly aren't a lamer, the best way to show that, would be to show your maturity through accepting the criticism that came your way, which you already failed to do, when you ask a question that invites any and all reasons anyone could pass their individual judgements upon you.

To support the majority's opnion upon your actual identity. Here is an actual post you posted in your the new clan thread under the clan section.

"Jabba don't be shy, you know that I know that you know who I am."
I guess this means your definitely who you say you are..and not hiding anything...yeah very trustworthy and honest too. Good person all together.

Peace.
ok ok ok... Yes 16 was arrogant, yes we all want to see him lose. But I really don't recall him ever being an ass to everyone. I'm not trying to choose sides but, why is everyone being jerks to him anyways? Is it because of the SOUL reason that he said he was the best? Not too good of a areason if you ask me.<_<
Ok I am not sure is this just conflict or is it flaming...If someone starts a post themselves that will illicit these kinds of responses is it really flaming or is it a reply to a direct question?

I am confused :wacko: I don’t want to see blatant flaming of a player but if the player ask for input and in such a way then would I be closing a post that has generated the intended response?

btw 16...I don't think any of these people are covert in their feelings. ^_^
I talk to people who peak my interest, and dont to people that seem "like they think they are better then me as a person" so if you dont like someone, dont speak to them in game, there is no need to go after someone in chat just because you dont like them or what they say, all you do is give that person a reason to come after you, I havent posted in any of 16s threads because I didnt like they way they were panning out. So I guess what I am saying is dont go after someone because you dont like what they say, "prove them wrong insted"