Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call of Duty
I've played Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Road to Rome and Battlefield Special Weapons, etc, etc.

Call of Duty blows them all away. I downloaded the demo last night and played it and was simply amazed. The smooth gameplay, stunning graphics and penetrating sound makes this hands down, better than any other WWII shooter ever made. If you haven't bought a WWII game yet and want to know what to get, Call of Duty is the one.

Here is the link to download the demo, I highly recommend it! You'll also need directx 9
Does it need a super graphics card or will my t®usty Geforce MX do the job?
I have the game and it's great. I have not had the time to play the single player part of it yet but multi is a blast.

I do find however find that running a 32 or 48 player server is stupid with the Search and Destroy mode. It is almost impossible to do the objectives with that many people plus if you die you wait forever for the next round. My favorite mode is Behind Enemy Lines.

The minimum requirements are:

- 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required - 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 32MB hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers
- Pentium® III 600MHz or Athlon® 600MHz processor or higher for systems with Windows® 98/ME
- Pentium® III 700MHz or Athlon® 700MHz processor or higher for systems with Windows® 2000/XP
- English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
- 128MB of RAM
- 8x CD-ROM drive (1200 K/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
- 1.4GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® 98/ME swap file, 600MB for Windows® 2000/XP swap file)
- 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX® 9.0b (included)

MULTIPLAYER REQUIREMENTS:
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
- Internet play requires 56 Kbps (or faster) modem and latest drivers
- LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers

Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Call of Duty™. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatibility.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:
- All ATI® Radeon™ cards
- All nVidia® GeForce™ chipsets
- Matrox® Parhelia™
[Image: b_560x95.png]
http://forums.rwtd.org/viewtopic.php?t=4746

Here about a 3 page thing about COD, these are all my dod friends, just opinions and all.
RWTD.... rings a bell...
Wha?,Nov 6 2003, 08:40 PM Wrote:RWTD.... rings a bell...
Its a book, but thats not even where they got the name....
Well, I checked a few screenshots, and it turns out I used to play on their server.
Awesome, well thats where you can find me if I'm playin, but lately my friend and I have had a blast on the steam server, dm and dm2:D:D:D
You mean "quickenings friend" is actually your friend?
O yeh one of my best friends, I play on a club soccer team and high school soccer team with him. He lives 10mins from my house...friends:D
I saw a commercial for call of duty today...and I must say it does look damn good.
I just got the game Call of Duty (a little late lol) and it is by far one of the best games I have ever played. It has terrific graphics, sound and realism. On the first couple of levels I was scared to death and frantically running towards shelter to get away from the mortor fire. Great game and you will never get tired of it. Im gonna try to get a screenshot and post it. This is a must get game by far.
Bleh...Those 3 things are the only things its got..graphics, sound and realism. NOT gameplay, I beat the hardest level settin easily..it bored me, I had more fun stairin at the fire. The multi player is even worse. Its so much slower than DOD and the maps are too big too walk around..The iron sights I like..but thats bout it..and a lot of ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** game types for internet..
The reason I liked it most was looking at the fire because it was realistic. Some of it can get kind of repetitive I agree but its still an alright game to have.