Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Trick
I was just playing DM and saw Wha do the most amazing stunt. He dropped onto one of the rails, got hit then dropped onto a pad then jumped back on one of the rails and was walking on it like normal. One of the best moves I've seen.
That sounds like a cakewalk transfer, if so, you don't have to be hit to do it. Actually it's pretty easy.

Only problem is one of the rails sends you the wrong way, so you can only ever get three in a row. I know evil_admin can fix that and the DITS (disk in the sky) problems... it's just a matter of convincing him...:upto:
yeah Jabba it is pretty amazing. Don't let him down talk it, not sure if anyone else does the whole routine but him and there are some other players doing the cake walk.
Quote:I know evil_admin can fix that and the DITS (disk in the sky) problems

how can he fix DITS?

o and the popup message for irc on 24/7 says www.gamesnet.net #vadavaka it should be east(or west).gamesnet.net
All that causes DITS is a missing trigger_discreturn. Evil said he can add entities to a map without everybody getting a "<map> differs from servers" error and having to download the new one.
The cakewalking is fun, if you want to learn how to do it, i would suggest learning on dm2, really wide rails there.
you cant add point entities not brush entities....atleast, i dont think you can add brush entities.
bah not lettin me edit

i meant to say

you can add point entities, not brush entities
Aww... there goes that plan.

Oh well... could pull a de_inferno
and that would be...?
Fix the map and re-release it, much to the chagrin of everyone who has to download it.
Yeah I learned how to do that on Severed's computer. It's not hard, but it can be annoying if you are on a laggy server:)