Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win in 2004 ?
I'm actually glad you got them confused PIX, it helps illustrate my point. Lots of people don't know about it. In fact, I'm not sure anyone who doesn't listen to Loveline understands the difference.
and after this long discussion I think we all agree on who is going to be the next president :wacko:
Me.
I'm through debating....Acid, Trippy and g-boy made me tired.

This thread is done.
Alright, I saved my original post to a .txt so nobody has to form some kind of response.

I will say that, PIX, american news media is overcensored by sponsors. That's the difference. I'm sure foreign news is censored by sponsors too, after all, that's why tobacco ads were banned here. The thing is, they aren't the same sponsors, in fact, most of those sponsors don't even market in north america, so there is nothing they would have to gain from showing people the same things as the american networks.

In a nutshell: If you watch news from other countries, you get to see things you wouldn't otherwise.
Sorry if i wore you out Pix hah. And yes, its inevitable, Bush will get re-elected. Many dont want him too, but looking at who hes running against i would say hes got a very good chance. Unless people take his actions into consideration on voting day that is...
Would that 'many' be the 38% bracket of his unpopularity?

Feeling safe is the number one topic that will be levied come election time. The
Democratic frontrunners want to say it's the economy and still don't realize that
that is not the forerunner for priority. The economy is returning out of it's regular
downswing and the Democrats HATE this. They want him to fail any way it can happen.
They are gritting their teeth at the GOP sweeping away the Prescription Plan for Medicare.
I honestly believe they were pissed that more Americans didn't get killed in the initial invasion
of Iraq. That's how they think. They want things back to the way they were in the 90's...completely
under their control. They lost this in the 2000 election and this was again validated with the PEOPLE
voting in more Republicans in the House and Senate. I would say that 'many' people are rethinking
the way they have always done things...why they always voted Democrat when the Democrats
never had any interest in making it better for them...but just to make big government their Buddah.
Safety is the number one priority...you write that down and it will win this election for Bush. The
World Trade Center was already bombed once under the CLinton administration and NOTHING was
done to resolve or prevent it. All you heard out of the White House was who Clinton had his pants down
for today. If the Democrats want to get things straight...they need to admit and realize that Clinton's 2 terms
was the worst thing that could have happened to them in a hundred years. They have to make him shut up and
stop being their voice and guidence. They need to regroup and work together and find out what the public
really wants in exchange for their vote. They have literally exploded in chaos. However, they have not done
anything lately but attack each other and because of this...Bush will win in a major victory. I predict the Bush
TV ads to come out very early next year talking about the country's safety.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ....you got me tired again Trippy.:blink:
plllleeease
Sorry my brudda....I forgot you were a Clinton man.

I post a challenge for all....
Name 5 things that he did that made a positive impact on this planet and are still remembered.

I saw he got the title of National AIDS Ambassador or something this week after the AIDS
day thing. I also couldn't believe that Richard Gere, the actor, spoke up at the event at
Clinton's acceptance speech and said "Mr Clinton...you did nothing to help or further the
AIDS prevention cause during your 2 terms." Expectidly...the Clintons had left 5 minutes before this lashing.
5 things Clinton did hmm
-Fought for ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** or minority rights-still remembered
-created millions of jobs-still remembered
-One of the most popular presidents ever-still remembered
-Got his tallywhacker sucked AND got a pizza-still remembered
-Kept the economy good for 8 years-still remembered

Screw it i like him i dont care what anyone says. Only he could come out of dirt poverty Arkansas and become the President. He didnt have to have his daddy set it up for him while snorting coke at Yale.
Was it he or his racially integrated executive staff that did that? Looks to me like the president who has the most racially
diverse staff ever is in office right now. He didn't do anything special for civil rights that any other Democrat did to be remembered.
What about the women and the Latinos and Blacks that Bush is TRYING to get nominated into the Judicial branches? Looks pretty
outstanding to me.

Those 'million jobs' he created...were those the new ones for the thousands of military people who were out of work from numerous base closures
executed under his administration? Presidents don't create jobs....economies do...and the economy was going strong BEFORE Clinton took office, not
to mention he hit the upswing on the markets at just the right time. I was a commodities analyst for 3 years...we kind of study this stuff.

As to being popular president, that's sort of a perspective thing. Not every president can go on Jay Leno and play the sax. Likable doesn't equate to duty.
OJ was one of the most popular NFL players of his time....but that's another thread.

I wouldn't say getting a BJ in the Oval Office did a lot of good for the image of the country. Kind of made us look silly.

He didn't go from dirt farmer to President. He went from Governer to President. Hillary the lawyer and Bill the Gov did VERY well with finances before becoming president.
They were successful...same as Bush was successful with money. Bush was Governer also of a much bigger state with alot more recognition. I doubt any governer needs
any help from his daddy to freely run for office of the President.
hey hey hey he got a BJ AND a pizza at the same time. I must say, who can say thats happened to them? Without paying 300 dollars of course.
So Clinton is a political pimp, how can that be bad? =p
heh, 420 views. Speaking of clinton, was he the one that said he smoked bud but "never inhaled"? I bet you he was smoking a fattie blunt while he was eating that pizza and gettin a bj from miss Lewinsky.
YES, he is the one that said that. You just KNOW the only reason he did is because he probably thought his ole' stoner friends might speak up about his old habits, instead Clinton says he was pretending the whole time.
OMG.....ACID....I cant take Hammer Cow anymore....I'm seeing it with my eyes closed now. Must......stop.......it....
Go bush, and go Acid. Wait, Bush on Acid, sounds like a campaign slur, see, Acid is up to it again.
Sorry PIX, changed now:P
Pfft jab you know Bush did acid.
how does acid feel about that?:wacko:
ahhh....a little play on words.
wait a minute....I DID ACID TOO!!!

oh i feel so dirty now....i have to pull a Crying Game and go wash off.
One of the things you guys seemed pretty fixated on, is the guys sex life, is it really that important to you? (clintons for the record) I personally dont care what goes on inside the guys pants, just what things hes doing politacally.

One of our most famous prime ministers, Pierre Elliot Trudeau, was a pot smoker, and had cheated on his wife, but yet, as canadians we hold him in high regards, becuase of the things hes done pollitcally, we just make fun of the guy because of it. Trudeau helped establish our foregin policy as peace keepers. Trudeau remained in power for 16 years because canadians liked what he had done politically, not in his bedroom, or someone elses for that matter.
it seems as the only way a president is directly involved with haveing something to do with the economy is when it is a republican enjoying a good economic upswing, republican + economic upswing = has that ever happened?
Amen to that anon.
When you think of it, how you behave in private generally spills over into how you behave in public. If you
are getting a hummer from El Porko illicitly NOT from your wife, then that says you might be comfortable telling
a few tall tales when it comes to policy. Now COME ON...what guy would turn down a hummer? Well, if you are
a front level politician, you had better not because it will come to haunt you later on. Look at Arnie in California.
Lookie at all the crap he swam through last month. The key was he never knew he would be a politician so he never
cared. If a president lies to the grand jury after being sworn in, don't you think that says a little about his morals in general?
I wouldn't trust him as far as I could pick up Michael Moore.
You know what's great about you guys having to argue over having your president... he ain't ours ;-)
To be honest, i would turn down a hummer, dont want to use up all of the oil supply in an hour. I think insulting the guys sex life is a pretty large sign of desperation. The guy may happen to be a jerk for cheating on his wife, but then again, JFK had a few scandals in his day, and he was a good president.

Quote:The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau
Too bad Trudeau didn't believe his own quote...he had trouble keeping his self out of quite a few bedrooms that wern't his.

The hummer we're talking about doesn't have 4 wheels and usually requires the operator to wear safety gear like kneepads....gawd!!!

I've heard JFK was a good president but never read that for fact....I know that this country would be lost without the rest of the Kennedy
clan alive today. Cheers Ted!
must be an american saying PIX.

And im sure Trudeau belived it, because that was his defense. Bottom line, there is a fine line between being a jerk and a good politican, and the question is was Bill Clinton, or Pierre Elliot Trudeau a good politician, if you feel they're not because of the persons sex life, then i think your letting the wrong things sway your opinion, if you think they're a bad politician because you disagree with their political views, then I respect that.
Bill Clinton also perjured. He was impeached. There's more to it than rumors and comical observations.