Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMOKING
After five years of being addicted to this poisonois crap im gonna try to finally give it up on Monday, today being Sunday. Finish up my pack of Newports in school, throw em away, and hopefully get on with my life this time. I tried this two weeks ago and man, that was rough! But coughing up lil bits of lung in your spit isn't a good sign of physical health. I know a lot of rico people stopped smoking, or still are, so id like to hear some imput. Im probably gonna give a day-by-day recollection, so those who dont smoke know how bad it is to have to give it up.
Get the gum or the patch.

Good plan, stick with it. :thumb:
I quit after 20 years and it is very hard but once you get over the cravings you will feel so much better about you decision to quit. and OMG you will feel so much better, so best of luck and get the patch it really does help.
I think a journal is a good idea, so if you want it to be here I am all for it...accountability can be important and moral support is always good to quit a habit. Keep in mind there is a chemical change in your body happening and if the ex smokers say get the patch I think it is not a bad idea. There are quite a few players who have quit smoking...some of them had been smoking more years than you have been alive so I am sure they can relate.
I was also addicted to cigs for a while, when I "quit" I had major cravings for about a week, everything seemed to smell like tobacco. I still smoke cigs, but MUCH less, only when I smoked bud, and I never get cravings now. I know it's still bad, but I like smoking cigs with weed:P
acid is so silly
just take it one craveing at a time, as soon as one comes, so something with your hands, smack yourself, work out, anything, just dont pick up a cig. GL :thumb:
Meh, last time, cravings usually ending in poppin pills or ruffin up the lil monkey:D. Just gotta hold out this time.
ruffin' up the little monkey? LOL
err lets see, ahem. Monday : Finish off my box of newports before lunch, leaving the poor empty box in the trash. Go off for lunch, buy another pack of newports >< start smoking again. Gives them away to a friend whos bummed me about a 100 cigarettes before , and told him to stomp my guts out if he sees me doing it at school again. This was the easy part; rest of week should be more "eventfull". And yes acid, ruffin the lil monkey is a good past time.
there is a group of about 7 kids i eat lunch with. one of them has been a smokerfor awhile now. but suddenly everyone is smoking. First it was this one posuer kid, so it was notyhing big. then 2 other kids, then 2 more. today this one super nerdy kid was all like "gimme one of those!" i guess it's just a bad case of monkey see monkey do.

i asked one kid why he started smoking, he said "I have a stressful life." I told him my parents just split up, and he offered me a cigarrette. I declined. thus proof that a stress does not cause cigarrette addiction (i would be more inclined to argue the contrary, except for when you're stoned).

btw trip, stay safe, and never ruff up that monkey without proper protection. the last thing you need is a monkey with a rash.
Yes it seams smoking can spread like a disease. Especially cus it smells so strong it drives ya nuts if you arent smoking one, specially if your an "addict". No worries about my lil monkey, who is not little at all i assure you. He is in good health, and is flexed regularly. My monkey has not been scathed by any wounds or disease infested women. I watch out for my monkey, and he watches out for me.
Just use some of "Steve Martin's Penis revitalizing cream. Just apply a light layer, and rub vigorously. You will see results instantly, as your penis becomes firmer and the wrinkles just melt away. And now, with the new formula, 10% less green scaling!"

God i love old SNL.
sage_4,Dec 1 2003, 08:55 PM Wrote:Just use some of "Steve Martin's Penis revitalizing cream. Just apply a light layer, and rub vigorously. You will see results instantly, as your penis becomes firmer and the wrinkles just melt away. And now, with the new formula, 10% less green scaling!"

God i love old SNL.
whoa whoa whoa. . .ok what the hell? I thought we were talking about monkeys man.. . pfff get your mind outta the gutter.
yeah sage 4 were talking about monkeys not fallaces, jesus. Ya sick freak:D. Anywho- Tuesday : Get through morning allright, get a cheesburger from Al's Diner, oh man that was a bad move. Drink about 3 Fanta's. Have to go through martial arts afternoon class, had to run and do close to 120 push ups. Naturally once again i succumbed to a single Marlboro Light, though i swore this time it was my "goodbye cigarette". That makes it about the 562th goodbye cigarette, so ughn, cant say im clean yet. Off the pills, thats another post for another day.
No pills is good. One is really addicted to cigs when they barely feel the buzz and really just do it for the fact that they're smoking something. Buy chewing gum, every time you get an urge, stick a stick of gum in your mouth, only works if you really want to quit, though.
Im not doing that gum or patch shit, plus you have to be 18 to buy that in the first place dont you? Just attempting to go cold turkey, and yes pills are bad, ill be sure to make a thread about that one day when im clean.
No wonder it's so hard on your system. You had a chemical dependancy going. Good work to make it this far without giving up, especially cold turkey. Keep it up.
Umm I meant regular chewing gum...
ER thanks its wednesday and actually stayed home from school today so no chance of smoking today at all :/.
Oops, smoked a bowl instead today. Thats 1000x times better than cigarettes:D.
How old are you guys who are already hooked on smokes????
Jeebus...it seems like they get younger every year.

I used to take my mom's smokes when I was 12 and smoke them....until
she caught me one night at a friend's house smoking up in front of all my
friends. She snatched me up and drug me home in front of all of them and
put the belt to my ass. They all heard me from outside yelling and the embarrassment
kept me from doing it again till later. When i was 16, my friend would shoplift
Backwoods Smokes and we would smoke those badboys in our shed hangout
on Saturday nights. Never quite picked up the habit though...smells to bad now.
I did pick up doing Kodiak dip and it got me hooked in 2 months with all that
concentrated nicotine. Had to give that up fast because it made me feel wierd
to be addicted to anything but Coca-Cola.

I feel for you...truly...it is a terrible thing to get off nicotine. Made my hair feel like it was
growing and my stomach tingle. You really HAVE to want to quit in the first place. Gum and
patches wont really do the trick unless you WANT to quit. Cold turkey is the only way to go.
The BEST thing to do is to fast when you do it. You will be so hungry that you won't feel the
cravings and all you will think about it food. You might lose a few pounds in the process.

Good luck.

EDIT
Smoking weed to substitute the ciggs won't really help. You usually want to smoke a cigg when you get done
with the bowl anyway.
Quote:and drug me home

lol.

Trippy, Pix is right on one thing, you have to WANT to quit, then it really isn't all that hard unless you built up a chemical dependance, otherwise it's all just habit, like when you smoke a cig in the morning, smoke a cig before going to bed, they're habits. I really don't want to get rid of my habit of smoking a cig after a bowl or two, so I won't fight it just yet:P
I don't think anyone would say stress causes cigarette addiction... it's more like some people feel more calm after smoking one, so that's how they started.

I don't understand smoking in the first place, with all the knowledge we have of how unhealthy it really is. I can't see the attraction to it, it smells horrible and you're breathing smoke! I mean just put it in those terms, you're breathing smoke! The hell are we doing??? Anyway, I like the smell of cigars, I can see people wanting to try that, but cigarettes just seem nasty to me. Especially when both of my parents smoke and I see the effects on them. I've never smoked anything, don't ever plan to, I think 18 years of living in LA has done enough damage to my lungs.

It is a habit... I agree with just chewing some gum, regular gum. Or a toothpick. Or something. Tell your friends to not smoke in front of you, or to not offer you cigs. In other words, make it so that it becomes difficult for you to smoke in the first place... just don't buy the damn things, don't borrow them.
OMG cigarettes stink but cigars usually smell like a backed up septic tank......now a good tobacco in a pipe...that can smell nice
I too have already had enough problems with health because of where I live. Supposedly the valley where I live is the biggest chemical valley and the worst polluted. I think we're ranked either 1 or 2 in the nation for the most polluted. I can't remember I'll look it up sometime.
I think the valley I live in is worst than the actual city of Los Angeles, it's like having all the smog from the big city seep into a big hole, you can actually see a blanket of brown over the San Fernando Valley when you take the 101(?) towards the valley just before the big downslope.
Meh, smoking a bowl (actually 3 or 4 now meh) completely got my mind off of cigarettes, because it was probably too retarded to obsess about anything. And btw i live in North Carolina, which is in the top 5 most poluted states in North America. Hey thanks Bush for your "clear skies act" which makes it so power plants cane upgrade at a certain rate without having to put in those nasty "costly expensive scrubbers" which only cut down on pollution. Who needs those:P.
And of course by LA I meant the San Fernando Valley... and I think you're thinking of the 5 going through the grapevine acid. It does look gross on some days. Although after storms it can look clean.
Quote:If PIX is reading this, I hate you.

LOL

Yes...stay away from people smoking in front of you...and MOST importantly....don't get a job in a tobacco processing plant....it might
make it hard on you.

...and by all means....bankrupt those nasty power plants....who the hell needs electricity anyway....playstations run on batteries right?