Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trippy's Theories on Psyche, Time Travel, and Fate
A girl, lets say 14 years old, slashs her legs often to get high off the endorphines released into her bloodstream. Another man, 35, cuts himself while shaving releasing a stream of violent obsenities.
A small boy gets a puppy for his 9th birthday, however, the puppy is runover by a car accidentally and he mourns for weeks. Another man, around the age of 40, who lives in the Raleigh area (this is true) throws his dog out onto the highway in heavy traffic for no reason.
What am I getting at? Yes im sober while writing this for those who ponder. But what the hell is HE getting at? Well what im getting at is that human beings are some messed up *doesnt want to get banned for swearing* you know what im talking about. How does the psyche of one human differ from another? People make predictions, say they see things coming, or talk to spirits from the astral plane. My own mother, 41 years of age, belongs to a group of these people who say they can talk to those on the "other side". The Other Side, isnt that the name of that show that John Edwards hosts? Im sure you all know him, the "Incredible man" who can talk to spirits which happen to magically be in a room. Only he can summon them, only he can interpret them. I like to refer to South Park on this subject saying that John Edwards is a liar, and the biggest douche in the universe. But thats just me.
One of the members of this psyche group is blind, and has been for many years. I often read to him, for the hell of it. The astral plane is flooded by telecommunications and other jargon that filters through your brain on a daily basis. If I understood half this stuff out of this book, which I will try to get a section of and post on here, ill be damned.
Grits told me she was going to see a movie called Time Line. In this movie, apparently people discover how to go BACK in time. This cannot be possible. Think of the consequences of what would happen if any alteration at all was made. Its mind boggling! You could just be back in the 60's, you screw something up, your parents never meet, they never have you, so you never go back in time. But your back in time already,so what happens, do you mearly disapear? I pray things like the above really aren't true or cannot happen; it makes my head hurt.
What you refer to about time travel is what we call the grandfather paradox. If you go back in time to kill your grandfather, you'd never exist. If you don't exist, how could you kill him? Some claim that if you find time travel, then you go into another dimension. I think we already had a similar topic way back, I don't feel like talking about it again, seems overdone.

By the way, the movie Timeline is based on an awesome novel by one of the greatest sci-fi writers, Michael Crichton. Unfortunately, the movie hacked apart the book. Read the book first, then see the movie would be my suggestion.
see the movie then the book, 'cause then you'd like the movie and the book otherwise, you'll not like the movie. ;)

that's my theory anyways
I like Michael Crichton books a lot (Jurassic Park, the sphere, etc.) so ill have to check that out. The movie looked like garbage to me and it probably annihilated his book. Just like Jurassic Park, in the book the old man is killed but in the movie he lives, along with other differences. Note to self to check out that book though, thx.
I personally do belive in the after life, but not in spirits being trapped in our realm. There would be jobs in this afterlife, and i think a large department in this organization would be devoted to makeing this realm as segregated from other spirits who dont belong there as much possible. So consequently, i think it would be very rare for one of these spirits to find there way over into our realm.

This is about as religious as i get, beliveing in an after life.
I like the idea of the afterlife sort of being like the dmv. Being filed into place, who should be where. No sorry, you weren't good enough *beep* off to hell you go. That makes more sense anyway then just souls flying around the earth talking to John Edwards.
Fate is another thing i want to belive in, but still not sure if i do. If you belive in fate, an you think that everything will work out for the better, then when given a conundrum, the person will be inclined to take the easiest course of action, because its going to work out for the better. Usually the easiest course of action isnt the best, like not trying in school, and not working and stuff. Deffinatley easier, but not better, and in this type of situation, everything should work out for the better, but probably wont. Weather its fate that has me typing this, you can be the judge of that.
Fate is something that i dont want to believe in honestly. My mum had a dream 3 nights in a row that our cousin was going to hurt herself on the playground. 2 weeks later, a phonecall comes, and well, ill let you guess what happens. Scary to think that our lives are already played out in front of us, that no matter what our lives our secured in a position in this universe. Thats creepy, and that also kind of works in with time travel theories, how can we go back or forward if fate is sealed? Psycics creap me out !
If people were psychic, I think they would eventually figure out how to block other ppl from reading their thoughts, because of the emense skill and energy it takes to read them, it would probably take less to block other ppl from reading them, and we will be back to square one.
a lot of psycic people, like my mom, have no control over it. Its mainly a dream thing-they see visions. Again, this shit all really freaks me out to be honest lol.
I like to think of time as more of a constant that changes with speed, however this change can only be viewed by objects that are going at different speeds. So if you change speed, time would seem to change for everything not going at that speed, but to the person or object that time has changed for, it would seem to them that time has changed only for you. I also think that time never really stops, or runs backwards; but in this view, time travel would be impossible, or at least in the conventional sence, the only thing you would be able to do is get to a point in time faster or slower than another person or object, to cut them off if you will. If object A is traveling twice as fast as oject B, Object A might reach time A an hour faster than object B, so in that sence object A "time traveled" one hour into the future, however from object B's perspective to object A's, it had just "time traveled" into the past one hour.
Time is just another dimension. It's apparent but at the same time you hardly notice it. We are bound to move forwards in time, but the thought of being able to enter time's dimension and move freely makes the whole concept of it irrelevant. The best way for me to explain time is with one letter. . . . .Q, for any of you who know star trek, you'll know what i mean (I don't actually watch star trek and have seen an entire episode only once. . althuogh i have seen 3 of the star trek movies)
Time is up.