Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an email my mom sent me
Budweiser incident (not a joke)! How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...

Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California. On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, hooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack. Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation. And Now The Rest Of The Story: It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit! At last report, the! store was closed indefinitely. Good old American Passive-Aggressive! BUTT Whoopin'! Pass this along, America needs to know that we're all working together. God Bless America!!
I dont know whether to laugh or to cry.
I'd need to see some proof of that. Email forwards are notoriously unreliable.
fritoman,Dec 1 2003, 02:06 PM Wrote:Good old American Passive-Aggressive BUTT Whoopin'!
am i the only one who sees a problem here? seems we've mixed them again.
gramatically, anyhow.

actually, i've heard of a similar incident in denver and another in houston, but both of those eventually ended up in the severe beating of the business owners, based on the word of mouth that certain companies wouldn't sell their products to them anymore. the nieghborhood residents got upset, since it was such a fragile and tender moment, and beat the foreigners up. and now that i think of it, the owners weren't even arabic, they happened to be asian, i think.
I don't beleive one word.
brokend,Dec 1 2003, 04:38 PM Wrote:the owners weren't even arabic, they happened to be asian, i think.
Xenophobia: It's the american way!
I would have done the same as the email, and I am a fritolay rep, so it isnt hard for me to believe.
and ironicly my nextdoor neighbor is a miller beer distributer
you guys must throw like the best super bowl party imaginable.
sage_4,Dec 1 2003, 10:56 PM Wrote:you guys must throw like the best super bowl party imaginable.
I would have to agree with you sage_4 if it werent for the fact that fritolay sells non Coke sodas:P
I can imagine all the chips and crumbs under Frito's couch pillows:lol:
the only chips that get eatin in my house are ones my boy grabs off the truck for himself, I hate the sound of the bags crinkle so I dont eat them. but if you want to see a party, come by on the 4th of july because me and the nieghbors on both sides throw a party at the same time and we open up the backyards of all the houses and just have a ball, 2 years ago we had over 300 people here, police came told us to keep it down, good times had by all, cept for the person that called the police :P
ill drive over to your house frito..if i can find it^_^
cool that will be 300 and 1 for this years party :D
Oh man that sounds like a good time. I bet the cops joined in after their shift...
No....Frito Lay doesn't make donuts.......do they??
soulsolution,Dec 2 2003, 11:39 AM Wrote:ill drive over to your house frito..if i can find it^_^
i am totally down for a roadtrip.
man that would be so cool if everyone showed up at my house on the 4th :D
if u see anyone you dont know at the party, assume they're a rico player. If they're canadian its either Apex, GB,DD or the cake guys.
i'll regret asking this but, how will I beable to tell if they are canadian?
and also I didnt know half the people at the last party because it was a combined party of the neighbors and my friends, speaking of which when the cops came they ask if we had a permit for the party because apparently in our town if you have a gathering in sections of town with more then 150 guests you have to get a permit, be we all said they were seperate partys, so there was nothing else said :)
fritoman,Dec 4 2003, 06:10 PM Wrote:i'll regret asking this but, how will I beable to tell if they are canadian?
Never heard of Canadian Ham flavoured things? Well go a step further and you got Canadian Ham -> Ham Actors -> Bad Acting. So if you see someone jumping around throwing plates and then diving backwards off a table like they've been hit in mid air....

It's anon.

If it looks like you missed, it's Wha:)
that doesn't work net, cuz we aren't football players (soccer in north america)
I hear they say eh? a lot:D
so where do you live, and how do i get there from colorado springs? i'll be 18 by the 4th, no one to stop me but mr law man...............and my anemic wallet.
Quote:i'll regret asking this but, how will I beable to tell if they are canadian?

just check and see if they have flappy heads:P

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Dec 4 2003, 08:55 PM] that doesn't work net, cuz we aren't football players (soccer in north america)
duh, what I was describing wasn't a football based game ;-)
well I dunno, I mean often times I find it fun to throw plates while i play soccer.
I live in the great state of Missouri in the crappy town of Rolla :rolleyes: