Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'm lazy...
i'm not sure i should post this here or in the half-life or ricochet sub-section but i can't gauge popular interest at 3:30 in the morning...lol.

i use these to automatically connect to vads or grits 24/7 from my desktop. just save them as their own .bat files and you are set. for example, make a new file in notepad, copy and paste the text in blue into the new file and save as "newname.bat" where newname is anything you want....preferebly the server name (hostname) you are wanting to connect to. the quotes are useful so notepad doesn't impose a .txt extension. after you are saved, you can just double click on the .bat file and your off to play. remember, you will have two .bat files...one for each server.

REM Grits 24/7 Arena auto-connect...

@ECHO OFF
CD C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\
hl.exe -game ricochet -console +connect 209.190.4.13:27018

and here's the other for vads:

REM Vads Ricochet auto-connect...

@ECHO OFF
CD C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\
hl.exe -game ricochet -console +connect 199.218.8.89:27017

of course, you can replace the game variable and the ip address if you want to connect to a different server.

anyways, you can see how easy it would be to make a vbscript that could pop up a little window, give you a selection of your favorite servers and let you pick the one you want. what would be nice is the ability to retrieve information from a server before you connect.

i should probably link to the .bat files that i actually use because i'm sure my instructions were overly complicated...lol. also, i was thinking of an mirc script that could auto-connect someone from the #vadavaka channel. for example you type in !grits247 or !vads and it goes there and also let's everyone on the channel know you are away gaming. maybe this is all silly but i'm sleep deprived...gn.

oh yeah, if the server's ip changes, then you have to edit the ip address in the .bat file...just open it up in notepad, make the alterations and save and it's all good again.
Whatever protocol half-life servers use to show their stats on your terminal must be well documented.
silly me...this is why i shouldn't post or write scripts when i'm tired. you don't need batch files or any kind of script...just make a shortcut to half-life....right click on it and under Properties, put "C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ricochet -console +connect 199.218.8.89:27017" w/o quotes (if you want to autoconnect to vads for example) where it says Target. ah, even easier.

doubleclicking on that shortcut will get you directly to the server.

oh well :blsh:
Muaha Resurrection of a dead topic.

Don't know if anyone realized this yet, but creating a mirc command is possible. Well, alias anyway.
I just did this 10 minutes ago:P...

While in mIRC, goto tools --> Scripts Editor --> Click the Aliases Tab.
Click on an empty spot below all the text and copy and paste the text below this.
*Note - If you have half-life installed other than the Default location then you will have to modify the location where YOUR half-life game is in this code.

Code:
/vads /run C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ricochet -console  +connect 199.218.8.89:27017 | /me Joining... Vads Rico

/vads is the command you will need to type in irc, change this to whatever suits you.
/run Runs the path C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ricochet -console +connect 199.218.8.89:27017
| allows for multiple commands
/me Joining... Vads Rico Does a /me With the text Joining... Vads Rico

If you want it in all channels through /me replace /me in the code with /ame
If you want it said in all channels in normal text replace /me with /amsg
If you want it said in the channel you are currently in replace /me with /say
If you want to get rid of the saying all together just erase | /me Joining... Vads Rico

To add Grits 24/7 server simply choose a good name, perhaps grits247 and just use the same code above but replace /vads with /grits247, change the IP to Grits 24/7's ip address, and change the text where your joining to Grits 247

Of course this also works for steam.
Same code, but different target.

Code:
/grits /run C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 60 +connect 199.218.8.79:27015 | /me Joining... Grits Steam Ricochet

Again, if your steam is installed in a different location, you will need to modify the target as needed. I'm sure you can find more to change in this:P. Hopefully this is not confusing.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

BAH I WANT TO EDIT MY POST!. oh well.

This is what I wanted to add.

Easy way to find where you have half-life installed or steam is if you have a shortcut to them. If so right click on the shortcut to ricochet and click properties and copy the target.

so that's how you do that:D
Heh. I've done a little more messing around with the script

Code:
/vads {
 /run E:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ricochet -console +connect 199.218.8.89:27017
 /me Joining... Vads Rico
 set %normalnick $me
 nick %normalnick $+ |VadsRico
}
/grits {
 /run E:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 60 +connect 199.218.8.79:27015
 /me Joining... Grits Steam Ricochet
 set %normalnick $me
 nick %normalnick $+ |GritsRico
}
/back {
 nick %normalnick
}

All I did was set a variable to your current nick and it changes your nick to the server you joined.
Example, I type /vads, its changes my name, Miagi, to Miagi|VadsRico...

When you return you type /back and it changes your nick to your normal nickname.

I'm very very bored and have nothing better to do :P. Yeah, you dont need the / when you have brackets {, but I didn't feel like taking them out:PLike the / thats inside the two { }... Hmm. Sleep.

what if you just typed........ " | /nick FF|VadsRico" after the entire bit that'd change your name as well (that's what i did) but I can't do the /back thing soo you've got me beat there!