Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up Mirc
<span style="color:red">How to Auth</span>

Some of you may have noticed that when some users join the chanserv will set that person +v or +O. This is thanks to those people having an authserv account. I strongly reccomend it to any admin, and recommend it to anyone. Its not that difficult or time consuming. Here is the link where I am getting all the commands I use incase you need further clarification.

1. The First step is to register an account. I recommend using your ricochet name so we know who is on the users list. If the name is taken, try putting in some numbers to make it unique.

*You may use this webpage to register an account and skip step 2 entirely.
http://gamesurge.net/createaccount/

2. The command is /AuthServ REGISTER account password email@address you just type that into the chat or status window (include the / that tells it that its a command). The email has to be real because you will get one email with instructions in it a bit later. If you have registered it properly you should get this in your status window (the window where it says ping? pong! and its to the left of where you see #vadavaka).
Quote:-AuthServ- Account has been registered.
-AuthServ- To activate your account, you must check your email for the &quot;cookie&quot; that has been mailed to it. When you have it, use the cookie command to complete registration.
The email that it sends has the instructions for the next step, and is pretty simple.

3. Now that you have registered the account, you will need to log into it everytime you connect to gamesurge. Put this command in your perform(Tools-&gt;Options-&gt;Connect-&gt;Options then push Perform): /AuthServ AUTH account password

Once you create an Auth account, you can ask an admin on vadavaka channel to add you to the userlist.

The blue circle is what you click to get into your options, the red is what you have to click to get into the peroform and make sure you have the perform on connect opion selected.

I believe thats everything, if you have any problems post away :thumb:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Setting up Mirc - by [CAKE]anonymity - 01-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Setting up Mirc - by Wha? - 02-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Setting up Mirc - by Wha? - 02-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Setting up Mirc - by [CAKE]anonymity - 02-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Setting up Mirc - by Wha? - 02-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Setting up Mirc - by Miagi - 05-08-2005, 09:54 AM