Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet bugs...
well, with the reconnecting issue out of the way (see "Programming" section)...i was hoping to look at and possibly rectify a couple of the other issues that make rico a little less enjoyable then it should be.

first off, white disc: i think i have an idea about how to cause this error...basically you or your opponent falls off right before the countdown to a new round. but maybe there are other ways i don't know about...you tell me.

next, spectate bug: where someone flies around the room able to attack and influence the game...i have to admit that i have never been able to exploit this bug...so please tell me how this error is caused.

also, please discuss any other rc bugs that i may be ommiting and their causes as well...ty
There seems to be a couple of "spectate" bugs, and I get either of them at random. I put spectate in quotes because you're not in spectate or anything, it just looks like it. The first is when you just start floating around in your own arena, or sometimes another's. The other is when you seem to get stuck on people's backs, like you're in a chase-cam mode. You can move around and even block the person you are on, and kill them if they are another color.
Both, for me anyway, are caused by the same thing.

***Edited By Gwarsbane***

Please don't tell people how to do the bugs, send him an e-mail or talk to him over ms/icq or what ever.

If people read it here they will start using it. Its human nature.
oh yeah...lol...i guess i'm too trusting...sorry...yeah, send me an e-mail or pm me...thanks again...
If you really want to fix the white disc in regular arena (and possibly in map facilitated team arena), allow the falling anim to be cut short. It used to be (not like the way it'll have to be) before the patch, which was nice, because hitting the space bar allowed you to respawn earlier, or if you had been double killed (hit with a push after getting decaped) holding it would keep you dead as long as you wanted (you would still fly off and fall, but they couldn't get a point off it).

Anyway, white disc happens when the falling anim prevents a timeley respawn. I assume the problem is you time out, get put in spectator, then some other bit of code puts you back in, with a lot of numeric varibles set wrong.
i would rather let the computer cut the animation short in my opinion because newbies wouldn't know to press the space bar to do it manually. i'm not that interested in the extra-point thing (i could see how you are for dm though) but if most disagree i can see to that. anyways, i want to come up w/ a fix that doesn't hamper fluid gameplay.

the challenge here is not to merely rectify the situation but how to rectify it in a manner that most players find acceptable...i could just cut the player right into spectate mode at the right time but is that an appropriate solution?
Pictures just for fun showing some glitches and bugs.

And if you guys already know that these are old please don't criticize me over it. <_<

Negative score.
[Image: negativescore.jpg]

I already showed this in another topic but this happened again and I was able to decap a few people. :wacko:
[Image: ffa1.jpg]
[Image: ffa2.jpg]
[Image: ffa3.jpg]
t|'.'t|
Er... whoops..
I forgot that part...

I always meant for the computer to do it, I guess I was a little distracted when I wrote it.

All the comp has to do is respawn the player before the new round starts, which would fox the late respawns too.
That wouldn't work for 2v2 tho...i either doint know or am too tired to think of a way to fix that.
Could it be that falling during a match is the problem, rather than watching swirling sky when the match starts?
i dunno...but perhaps the problem pique is having w/ the 2v2 map could shed some light on the actual cause and appropriate solution...anyways, i'll investigate.
I can recreate the Spectator bug( where you fly around ), "Email or pm Widowmaker if its pertains to your problem"

Or have a missed something ..?

ps. Sorry Widowmaker, some will start using that if they know how.
Yeah, pretty dumb of me :-(
Aw, you werer trying to help :blink:
Wha?,Jun 9 2003, 12:37 AM Wrote:Could it be that falling during a match is the problem, rather than watching swirling sky when the match starts?
I suggest you remove all falling all together and then I would win a lot more matches!