Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRITS NEW DESK
ok this is it you can see the new computer I built too

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's a pretty clean desk you got there (the process of relocating would muss up any table space I use).
HEH, you can see both IRC windows you had on tonight. Looks good tho GRITS, keep up the good work :thumb:
drawer open

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Isn't that drawer hard on the wrists? Or do you take the stuff out to use it?
front of the drawer drops down
Very nice GRits, looks too expensive to use though lol.
I love your computer and I love all the collection of Disney stuff. I also love the desk too but I'm not into furniture too much. Looks really nice though.
Mine is like that, but crappier and messier and without the disney stuff. nor the flashy computer. Come to think of it, my setup sucks :(
You're a lefty, eh?
wow, my new desk is just a sanded down 8ft door on top of some ikea supports holding it up. i guess yours is more towards form than function on the spectrum of things.
You riced that case up good.
Lefty's are around more then you know, some of us just hide ourselves good by using the mouse on the right side of the keyboard.

We will take over the world you know!!!!

Aww nuts, now i've said too much....

Errr, Nice desk there:) Reminds me of the color of my desk, thou mine is not that dark red and its only a stain over pine :D But its FAR too clean, it needs to have postit notes all over the place. On the desk, on the monitor, up on the edge of the hutch. :D
Yeah, I have a lefty friend who has her mouse on the right side... rest of her family is right handed so she just got used to it.
I'm a lefty too, so are my 2 brothers... I always put the mouse on the left side^_^
Nice desk you got there
Quote:I have a lefty friend who has her mouse on the right side... rest of her family is right handed so she just got used to it.

Wow that sounds just like me except im not a she ^_^
Nice desk Grits! :thumb:
Need to drill some holes in the top of it to feed those mouse and keyboard
cables from the front ports.:P
the keyboard wires go through the desk drawer and up to the back of the box. the wires you see are the mouse in front port and my headphone wire. I am going to get a new keyboard that has the mouse port on it
That was a joke of course. I would NEVER drill holes in that furniture. Well....me....I probably
would. It's all about the computer hardware. Furniture comes second.

I see you got that Linksys router we talked about way back also. You got the port forwarding
thing understood now?
I still say she needs more postit notes, but thats just me. :D

And see, I told ya there are more lefties around then you thought. The reason my mouse is on the right even thou I'm the only one that uses the computer is that all my friends are right handers and in school it was was easier just to leave the mouse where it was then switch everything around so I just got used to having the mouse on the right side.

When I go over to my uncles thou, his is on the left and I can just start using it with only a few seconds of thinking about it. :D
my brother and father are leftys yet they both use the mouse on the right side of the keyboard.

What i dont understand is why people cover up the wires, I leave them out, I dont even organize them. If you ask me covering up wires is the equivelant to sweeping dirt under the rug.
You bind them or hide them to keep from pulling them out of the ports accidentally. It
also gives it an air of neatness and professionalism. Sorta the same reason you fish
your wires INSIDE the walls instead of dragging them across the living room.
Gwarsbane,Jan 15 2004, 05:07 AM Wrote:Lefty's are around more then you know, some of us just hide ourselves good by using the mouse on the right side of the keyboard.

We will take over the world you know!!!!

Aww nuts, now i've said too much....

Errr, Nice desk there:) Reminds me of the color of my desk, thou mine is not that dark red and its only a stain over pine :D But its FAR too clean, it needs to have postit notes all over the place. On the desk, on the monitor, up on the edge of the hutch. :D
That is so true. However, my ex boss was a TRUE lefty... even had the buttons in reverse... eek.
It's fun to switch the button configuration on someone's mouse to left hand when they don't notice it.
guys, meet your first $2,499.00 or more desk, on sale, probably more than the puter. The hutch top is first rate. Notice the 120lb file glides on the keyboard drawer. manufacturer? winners only, creative ideas, Aspen? I gotta know.

ps. don't think i ever mentioned this, but i'm lefty also. I do all sports right handed, but write and eat left handed, and used to smoke left handed.
its a Hooker jabba, you are one of the few that will appreciate that:D
awesome
There are soooooo many jokes I can think of right now about GRITS owning a hooker...

Then again its 2am and I'm tired. :D

* Gwarsbane runs for cover lol
yeah GB I heard some of them...the cutest was about the 'high quality' with a 'low quality' name but they make some really nice stuff. Desk drawers are dove tailed and like jabba pointed out the drawer runners cost more than a hard drive. You can sit on the desk and it is so sturdy you feel like you are sitting on a floor.
HOOKER. You will note I had to get the desk and put the hutch on top, the bottom of the hutch was not deep enough and didnt have enough drawers. Jabba sells this kind of stuff for a living so he was pretty good at guessing the cost too. I am going to work on some other pictures this weekend of the computer and the desk after everything has been transferred over from the old desk, needed more room and figured I might as well get something that matches the look of the library. The fireplace is cherry also.
It is very nice looking. If I had access to wood working equipment and hard wood I would remake my current desk out of 1 inch thick solid oak and I would make a hutch specially for it also.

My current desk is 3/4 inch pine that flexes a little when I lean on it with an old TV hutch sitting on it to give me a little extra room for stuff.