Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Killing bug in DM
I have taken the double killing fix code that .asm has provided and compiled it and installed on a Rico server on WON called "_Enter Here 2"

Please test it out and provide feedback here. This will be the only time we encourage players to try to obtain extra points by killing an already dead player waiting to respawn. B)

evil_admin
thanks a million evil!! ^_^
cool, anyone want to go try it out?
I will, just msg me when its convient for you.
Works fine asm and evil. Disc went right though without contact.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
It works, you still hear the crunch noise, but you don't fly off on spawning.
yeah you kind of just wait to fly when you spawn...anticipation
Well the crunch sound is cool though, im glad its there.
Now is there anyway to put in respawn protection for like 3 to 5 seconds so it gives a person a chance to move
maybe some of those spawn protection plug-ins for admin-mod would do the trick until it can be coded into the game.
I dont know how to double kill but people always get mad at me for doing it.:P
well if you aren't doing it on purpose then you need to understand that when a player loses his head...he is dead...you do not have to keep shooting him over and over until he falls:P
Evil,

I was gonna work on a bug fix for .asm's introduced bug during the white disc fix... however, I can't seem to get my code to compile the Ricochet multiplayer dll... any hints ?:)

netniV.
What error codes are you getting?

Post them here and I may be able to help.

Are you compiling for Windows or linux?
Linux, but I haven't bothered for a few weeks. In that time I've become an #adminmod helper, so I might be able to try again now ;-)

I'll come back shortly, ps, you get the plugin ?
Yes, I got the plugin and will probably be able to look at it closer tomorrow.

As for the linux compiling, I probably know what it is. The linux ccompiler demands the code to be ansi compliant. Many of the function names need to be changed.

Once I close down my web devserver I will reboot as linux and give you an example. It is time cconsuming and a pain but it must be done.
There must be an easier way.... there's always an easier way...:)
Quote:I was gonna work on a bug fix for .asm's introduced bug during the white disc fix...
lol...you are really trying to break my balls over this aren't you? you can try and 'bend it like beckham'...i am beckham:lol:
Like the double killing thing,what is the white disc thing?
wow you guys realize this means there are people who are regulars who started after you fixed the white disk bug...omg he probably doesnt even know about the reconnect fix either...this is cool
heh. Maybe I'll work on these this weekend.
So the DK bug fix is on all the servers now right?
No, the DK fix is only on my server right now. My dual-boot computer is being a development web server on IIS (Windows) so I can't compile in Linux. I will try to get some time this weekend to do it...thankfully it is an easy fix and should not take too long.

I will not be able to run it on my Linux rico server so are there any volunteers?
If you talk to me, I'll let you have the username/password I use specifically for HLDM. There you'll also find all the sources I use, etc. It's on ADSL so it's not the best but it'll work:) Also, you'd have the ability to run either won or steam versions, as I have both HL engines.:)

The only thing that would be useful would be to know if your on a fixed IP, so that I can map it directly in the firewall rule:)