Poll: Who will be the winner of Super Bowl XXXVIII
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Carolina Panthers
40.00%
8 40.00%
New England Patriots
60.00%
12 60.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl XXXVIII
Personally im a Packers fan but my second favorite team is the Panthers so go Panthers.:D
Heh I dont know even a single football team... well I didnt know, now I know 2 ^_^.
I'm gonna guess Carolina coz their name sounds more cooler than New England.
College football is over this year and so is my sports watching until August.:P
The best month for sports is deffinatley in the spring. NHL playoffs (canadian remember ^_^) baseball is starting up and i get Jays tickets up the ying yang.
Isn't hockey that thing they play on ice skates?? (Southern US joke;) )
HOCKEY=ICE DANCING
I don't get it...
You're deluding yourself if you think the Panthers will win. They only won 14-3 against the Eagles, a team that almost lost to the Packers. Not to mention the fact that McNaab played one of his shittiest games ever. Patriots and going to slap the Panthers around and then give them a good one to the boys down low.
As a Raiders fan I shouldn't like the Patriots, but my dad is a huge fan so they are among my top 5 favorite teams... so I'm pulling for them... and honestly they are unstoppable. Straight up, they decimated the best offensive team in the league.

I like all the four major American sports (Hockey, Football, Basketball, Baseball)... I love hockey (parents Canadian), and my Kings are dying from injuries right now... it's sickening, it's amazing we're doing as well as we are. We lost Palffy! Season is probably over because of that.
LOL jabba.
I'm a philly boy,....thats severly depressed :/. 3 straight years.......bah.
jabbahunt,Jan 19 2004, 06:54 PM Wrote:HOCKEY=ICE DANCING
Well if you call players playing with broken limbs during the playoffs dancing, i think someone needs to read Dr. Sues ^_^
Only thing i ever notice about hockey players is they have no teeth and all have mullet haircuts.
It's mostly the bruisers that are missing teeth and I think you get the mullet thing from those ESPN commercials. Don't really see any players with mullets.
i'm going to post a picture soon of my plush super bowl xxxvi jester bear that i got when i went to the super bowl. it's so cute!^_^i also have an autographed plastic football signed by john elway. man, he has a big head. i really lived it up in the big easy on fed-ex's dime...so thanks for using fed-ex.:ph34r:

the patriots won the super bowl i went to so i guess i'm going with the panthers now. but to be honest, i don't care too much. my two favorite teams are the tennessee titans and the houston texans. i don't really hate any team but i dislike the baltimore ravens.

i went to a utah grizzlies game once (they are a minor league ice hockey team) and i must admit it was a lot of fun. i'd like to go again before the season is over. hockey is way better live than on television because there is a lot of action that you just can't see unless you're there. btw, grizzlies is spelled right. in utah, all the pro sports teams are asked to have two z's in their name...like the utah jazz for example. it's stupid, i know. however, when the buzz (our AAA baseball team) got bought by another franchise, the owners refused to do it and now they are the stingers. anyways, give hockey a chance...it's not bad...lol
its ghetto ballet.
I seriously don't see the connection. I suppose there is footwork, and uh.. the goalie moves their arms and gyrates their pelvis sometimes. Whereas football is based on highly structured, premeditated plays, comparable to choreography, making it far more dance-like.

Of course, since there is no apparent physical resemblence between hockey and dancing, I would assume the dacing-as-a-non-male-activity stereotype was the centre of the comment, since it's the only common thread. If that's the case, what makes a sport masculine (and therefore not dancing)? Rough gameplay? If so, other sports have way more than football, both in intensity and frequency, does that mean football is yard line dancing?

Maybe it's waiting for a long time to do anything, so people watching have a chance to consume larger quantities of foodstuffs and alcohol. That would make golf the ultimate non-dancing sport.
You've got to be kidding me Wha....
At least with hockey the danceing continues, with football, they plan there next dance for 40 seconds and execute it for 2 - 5 seconds. Its amazing that this takes 40 players per team. Sorry for the anti football post, I just think from a fun and entertainment stand point that the games I played in grd 7 where the QB counted steam boats and we had signals to turn the tackeling on and off (teacher presence dictated that one) was a superiour sport to what the NFL has now.

Suggestions: Make the play clock much shorter, 15 seconds tops. Players play both offence and defenece (they are just trying to get away with doing a half assed job). Less blockers for the QB, and applicable positions for defence. It should be the QB's responsibilty for looking out for their own butts. Make half back and full back one position. There are advantages for speed and size a team should have to choose which is better for them. The only thing i wouldnt change are the wide recivers, we all know the best plays or excellent passes.

Feel free to radically change hockey now ^_^
The NHL is gradually changing the rules so much that it'll be radically changed soon. They want more scoring so they're thinking of removing icing and changing the rule that a penalty ends once a team scores (for minor penalties) and just having it be like major penalties all the time, score as many times as you can during the power play. I think that seriously jeopardizes the style of some teams.
Doesnt sound to bad, i say get rid of the 2 line pass and touch iceing. Those are the first things that should go, the iceing because of the amount of serious injuries, and the two line pass does take away a lot of scoreing chances. With the trap being used so well it wouldnt affect the worry about cherry picking or anything.

As for baseball, allow players to charge the mound:P
I'd have no prob with icing being called as soon as it passes the goal line... but taking it away completely would be retarded, a team could just sit there and chuck the puck down the ice all day as soon as they got a 1 goal lead. Two-line pass is annoying sometimes, I get frustrated... but I understand its purpose and though there wouldn't be cherry picking, it would spread the ice way too much and make it impossible for defense to stop a fast player.
and the winner of the super bowl will be?
Who's playing???:lol:
For sure its gonna be a good game, but i still wish Packers were going to the super bowl though.
I'd just like to mention that the Patriots *sorta* *kinda* have a clutch QB themselves, and their defense is probably superior (come on, they shut down the best offensive team in the league, intercepted the best QB 4 times).

Oh, and Stephen Davis is injured, not 100%.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMNIT I HATE THE PATRIOTS ! ! ! ONE FREAKIN FIELD GOAL IN THE LAST 8 SECONDS ! ! ! GOD IM MAD NOW I OWE MY FRIEND SO MUCH MONEY ! ! !:cuss::argue::bh::cens::fired::fireg: PATRIOTS :bgf:

***Edited by Gwarsbane***
No need for so many N's and O's, whats up top there is good enough :)
jabbahunt,Jan 22 2004, 07:52 AM Wrote:and the winner of the super bowl will be?
Janet's breast!!
The scary thing is this made front page news all over north america. The local radio talk show that usually covers a lot of good social issues was talking about breast, and I dont mean cosmetic surgery. You can tell where our prorites are.
What happened?!?!?!?!? :blink::wacko: