Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin problem on server
Im glad all the unknown L.W people have admin now. Tonight I got slayed
for not playing KNIFE only during play. That is BS!!! All the careful thought
put into a new server and I have to get abused. I thought this was gonna
be mostly people we all knew but i guess that's changed.

I put the XXX around 830pm central.

I'll be back when responsible people admin the server.
I was there. No respect at all for beastie. I'm thinking of leaving lone wolves and joining an old friends clan. I would have spoke out but i didnt want to get kicked out of L.w just yet. We should have someone who wont take advantage of admin privelages like tak or beastie who we know can be trusted. I had to leave i couldnt take it anymore. Oh well thats all i got to say.
Thanks for being honest Wank...you are truly a enjoyable player to play with.

I'll share my shield with you anyday.:D
Well that sucks. I didn't think some of them would be good admins by reading some of the stuff on their clans forums. Some of them seemed abit immature to have the responsibility of admin.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Power always could see through the fog and get it straight.;)
sorry pix. no one should have to knife if they don't want to. and no one should be made to feel like they have to knife. if you and your buddies want to only knife and you get awped...you got owned...end of story.

btw, p&g is thee man!
They didnt make us feel like we had to they made us.
Unsure about the situation without having some more perspective on it. Just how badly where you pwning them Tak before they decided to switch to knifes only ? And how many where on, etc ?

I guess this is something for us admin's to take a look at, coz you don't want it happening all the time, but then what if the majority of people did decide to just go into melee mode.... it'd be unsporting of someone to ignore it and because take advantage of everyone else.

Melee can be the only time some of us can score :-P (excluding last nights freak performance).
yeah looking into it
Makes me appreciate my original admins a lot more.
Frito will talk to them too I am sure.

there are only two LW that have admin that I dont know and obviously dont know how I expect a server to be run and why they were given the access.
adam and wulf
everyone else is rico admin first These guys have still not signed up for our forums (three times I have asked) so that they can view our CS admin forums guess they are obviously not too interested in holding onto their admin access.
I will talk to them and update you later.

bet one of my rico admins can tell you what my number one rule is....
It was only round 5 of Militia map. Some guy I didn't know said KNIVES. I ignored him since I just invested in a nice expensive gun. Then another guy I didn't know said KNIVES. I was already miffed at Darkson for getting headshots on EVERYONE with just one pull of the trigger, so why the heck do I want
to come out with a KNIFE and get shot AGAIN by him? So I shot 3 people and splat....I got slayed. I was so pissed. Admins I have never even spoke with, don't even know them from ricochet, people that have known the name Vad for 2 weeks, slayed ME. Sure it's just a silly game and I'm really too old
to gripe about people probably younger than me. But it was just messed up situation. NO ONE should have to feel uncomfortable playing there or feel obligated to do something they don't want to. Basic rules are rules. This had nothing to do with rules.
Tak the Cruel,Jan 20 2004, 12:44 PM Wrote:It was only round 5 of Militia map. Some guy I didn't know said KNIVES. I ignored him since I just invested in a nice expensive gun. Then another guy I didn't know said KNIVES. I was already miffed at Darkson for getting headshots on EVERYONE with just one pull of the trigger, so why the heck do I want
to come out with a KNIFE and get shot AGAIN by him? So I shot 3 people and splat....I got slayed. I was so pissed. Admins I have never even spoke with, don't even know them from ricochet, people that have known the name Vad for 2 weeks, slayed ME. Sure it's just a silly game and I'm really too old
to gripe about people probably younger than me. But it was just messed up situation. NO ONE should have to feel uncomfortable playing there or feel obligated to do something they don't want to. Basic rules are rules. This had nothing to do with rules.
I read ya post, then I read a signature and I wasn't sure which to believe ;-) Seriously though, I think it's the unknowns that caused the situation more than the action. If several of us had asked you, would there still be the same issue ?
Of course not. We have been altering the rules for bomb planting for the last week on big maps. But that doesn't
alter the gameplay at all. It just seemed that all the fun over the last 2 weeks came to a screeching halt when I realized
that there was nothing I could do but let this fool do what he wanted.
Then after that they said no sniper rifles on a map made for sniping. Not even automaticc snipers.
Heres what i see. Who is playing the most on this server? Who is there who CAN watch to make sure things are going alright?
Here's the online time stats. I think we can see who is around the most and who is dedicated to making this server work for GRITS.
damn...forgot to upload pic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

anon, wha,net, rws, grape and asm are senior admins on the CS server. adam and wulf have less access
I have some of the logs...thanks for the XXX Tak, it made it easier to find the problem but in the process I saw a couple other things that disturb me...and again make me appreciate all of the friends I made admins a lot more when I see how bad it could be.
I have a techniques question that I need help with. I was getting awp a lot the other night and ppl suggested I remove the weapon. To me it is a skill thing and to strip a weapon is sort of like saying "go easy on me" btw the guy stopped using it when someone said something so that was cool. But the knife incident he said everyone agree and then when everyone wouldnt, (more than one player did not answer) I believe he should not have slayed even if he did warn quite a few times.
I would like to know a couple things....
how do you feel about stripping weapons in general?
does it bother anyone besides me that some admins over do the csay?
and all of these maps have camping spots how do ppl feel about campers?
what about snipers?
seems to me these things are part of the game and if they need to be changed for a round it should be agreed upon.
CS is new to me so I have not formed a complete opinion on the workings.
my rules right now are NO CHEATS and my number one rule....I will not have people running people off of our servers.
Thanks GRITSY. In my opinion, you shouldn't remove any weapons. Each weapon is special in what it can do. Every person likes and dislikes a different weapon. If you handicap one weapon because one person dislikes it, then you just made it unfun for someone. I don't dislike ANY weapon. I think the sniper rifles are fun and the Arctic Warfare Magnum actually takes a little bit of patience and skill to use as does the Scout.
The ONLY time a person should be penalized for camping is when it hampers gameplay for the living and waiting dead players. If someone is spawn camping at their spawn and needs to go perform the mission and the other player is spawn camping on their spawn...we got a problem. But it is just some people's style to lay low and get a nice perch for firing. Again, one man's camping is another man's plan of attack.

All i want is for people to show the same respect on Vad's server as on the ricochet servers. Play within the rules set by the gamemaker and the owner. It would be like an admin on ricochet saying NO push discs...and slaying the other for tossing a push disc.
Agreed. I think some of the better players should look at their score sometimes and think, is this too easy and make it harder for themselves on that score.... Unfortunately, I don't know many good players who will do that.:) Thus, the lesser people become extremely frustrated when the same weapon is constantly used and it kills them with a single or maybe two shots.

That's a game play issue though and not limited to admin.
I had a talk with the younger crew on our forums, I hope this takes care of the problem. :wacko:
Thanks Frito.